May Emeralds 2014! :)

Induction on Wednesday. I may just sleep until then :) So anxious to meet my sweet boy! Pizza and ice cream today, because all of that stops once baby gets here! My daughter is definitely not complaining about my current ice cream addiction, though.

maria - congratulations! Hope all is well with baby and she can come home right away.

All these quick labour stories are freaking me out. Why do I have to live so far away from civilization?? :wacko:

afm - another check today and cervix still high and closed. poo!!! :growlmad: OB was like "it's not your due date yet so you have lots of time". Um, due date is 3 days away!!! And I really do not want to be here for another 2 weeks. I'm so uncomfortable. We used to make a day of it when I would go into the city for my appointments (it's a long drive for a 2 minute appointment) but I just can not force myself to walk anywhere. I was almost throwing up from the pain...I just feel so heavy in the belly and crotch and my hips feel like they're crumbling. I also keep losing circulation in my legs. :cry:

Trying to remember this stuff can happen overnight. My mom told me she was told everything was shut and tight with me and I was born the next day.

I've heard friends of kine say that they were closed but had baby within a day or 2. All pregnancies are different, and anything is possible.

i had no labor signs with DD1 and was 1cm dilated and not effaced or soft at all.
Went into labor and although labor was very long (32 hrs due to her being back to back), still had her all natural at home !
Took me almost a day to go from 1cm to 4cm with bad back labor, hoping this labor all go more smoothly as baby is in perfect position to be born (LOA)
My cervix was 1cm dilated at 38 weeks and soft and 40% effaced, so more progress :)

I'm trying to remember it can go quickly. I was shut and tight with DS as well and had him about 5 or 6 days later. He was 40+4 so really hoping this little lady doesn't come any later than that.

I got quite a bit of back pain with DS but I don't think it was true back labour. My poor mom said she had back labour with all three of us. Poor woman. And I was the only one she could get an epidural for as the other two came too quick.

lily - I'm glad your baby is in a better position this time.

maria - congratulations! Hope all is well with baby and she can come home right away.

All these quick labour stories are freaking me out. Why do I have to live so far away from civilization?? :wacko:

afm - another check today and cervix still high and closed. poo!!! :growlmad: OB was like "it's not your due date yet so you have lots of time". Um, due date is 3 days away!!! And I really do not want to be here for another 2 weeks. I'm so uncomfortable. We used to make a day of it when I would go into the city for my appointments (it's a long drive for a 2 minute appointment) but I just can not force myself to walk anywhere. I was almost throwing up from the pain...I just feel so heavy in the belly and crotch and my hips feel like they're crumbling. I also keep losing circulation in my legs. :cry:

Trying to remember this stuff can happen overnight. My mom told me she was told everything was shut and tight with me and I was born the next day.

I was checked at 2.30pm and all was shut tight (not effaced/engaged/dilated at all) and nothing was happening, at 6.40pm my waters broke, contractions started 15mins later and he was here the next day at 6.21am
Loads of :dust:

That makes me feel better. Still not really getting any sign or inkling she's coming but DH feels certain she'll be here by the end of the week. I hope his instincts are right.

Got a bit of nesting in the middle of the night and lost a small chunk of brown-tinged plug this morning but no new signs since. Not even a single cramp. Still a chance she'll come by the end of the week, I suppose.

Got a bit of nesting in the middle of the night and lost a small chunk of brown-tinged plug this morning but no new signs since. Not even a single cramp. Still a chance she'll come by the end of the week, I suppose.

I hope that's the beginning of something! I had my show for 4 days and felt nothing was happening. The day I went into labour I went for a long walk and did a big cleaning spree and I really think that's what got things started. Until then I always thought that was a myth.

Keep us updated :)

My sweet baby finally got here yesterday! He was 8 lbs 10oz, and 21 3/4 inches long. I'm madly in love already!!! Pictures to come!

Congrats mrs!!!

Nothing going on here ... might ask for a sweep today.

Congrats, Mrs Stefka!

Lily - hope a sweep gets things going for you!

afm - having another extended labour it seems. I had over 3 days of early/pre labour with DS and it seems the same thing is happening again. Had about 5 hours of contractions every 5 minutes last night but they nearly stopped overnight though I got loads of pressure on my crotch and was constantly feeling her head. Now my contractions are about every 15 to 30 minutes. They're getting more sore but still not lasting longer than 40ish seconds. I hope the early stage doesn't last as long this time. I'm worried it will hamper my VBAC attempts as I imagine it would tire the baby out for the cramps to last so long.

Starry - That sounds like it could have been your bloody show! Fingers crossed! :happydance:

Mrs.Stefka - Congratulations! :flower:

Lilly - I hope you got your sweep and that it kick starts things for you :D

Everything has stopped. :cry: I took a nap this afternoon and there is just nothing. Just before the nap I was only getting cramps every 20ish minutes or so but they were getting stronger and I lost another piece of plug (not bloody though). But now...it doesnt feel like anything had been happening or will be soon. So frustrated. My next appointment is on Monday and I"m scared OB will tell me I'm still high and closed. Just so done with all of this.

:hugs:

I'm only 1cm dilated but baby has dropped and she didn't have much problem getting to my cervix so I'm guessing it's moving forward. She said cervix is still a bit firm while last time she said it was soft lol.
Whatever , doesn't matter, went into labor with DD1 being 1cm dilated and 30 % effaced, high and firm.

Starry - I'm sorry to hear that everything has stopped for you, fingers crossed things will pick up again real soon! :dust:

Lilly - I hope things start happening soon for you too! :dust:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"