May Flowers Bring MA(n)Y BFPs! Great Support Thread!

cutieq

Reaction score
Carry over from a March/April thread. April may have brought us showers (and AF), but May is our month! :happydance:

Ready for my BFP! CD 6. Gonna attempt SMEP & Preseed this month. We typically fail at both, but I wanna give it a go!

Testing for my sticky on May 30.

I wanna make hubby a Father for Father's Day!

:happydance:Fingers crossed for BFP's... :D x.
(Hopefully I'll get my OPK's and preg tests to day.).

Yay! Starting Clomid in 3 days and I've also got my OPKs ready to go. We're going to Disney June 1st and I would love to wait until vacation to find out if it's a BFP!! Yeah....but I don't think I can lmao! Good luck ladies and tons and tons of baby dust!

Yes! I hope May is our month for all of us to see those BFP's! I'm on CD10 and have started taking a B complex vitamin since the CD1 in hopes to lengthen my luteal phase- ive read lots of stories about it working! I am using OPKS this month (for real, not just randomly when i think i might O) and am planning to dtd every other day until i get a positive one, and then every day for at least 3 or 4 days.
Last month i got a positive opk and i was still having ewcm 4 days later so i dont know when i actually ovulated. So annoying!

anyways, Baby dust to everyone!!

CD 9 for me. Waiting to BD until after my HSG (scan to see if my tubes are blocked) tomorrow. Crossing my fingers that I don't ovulate too early/too close to the procedure. Anyways I'm doing my OPK's everyday to figure out when that will be!

Swimmy swimmers and sticky eggs to everyone!

:hi:CD5 for me & this month I have switched from a multi vitamin to a prenatal vitamin, taking Royal Jelly, going to try to use a little Pre-Seed during my fetile window, I have DH taking Fetilaide mutli vitamin/herbal supplement to give him Super :spermy:& I just ordered some Fetili Tea to drink at night.

This is my first full cycle of charting my temp & cm. I started temping late in my last cycle & it confused the heck out of me!!! Judging by the temps I did take FF said I O'ed like a week late & then I had a short Luteal Phase getting my period 8DPO. Again, this was all based on 12 days of temping of a 29 day cycle.

My goal this cycle is to try to relax & not stress over every little thing. I also had a good talk with my DH so he understands what I'm doing & why. Last month I didn't want to tell him I was temping & keeping track of my CM or cervix thinking he'd think I've taken a one way ticket to CrazyTown but he was really understanding & supportive (he's even taking the vitamins I bought for him). So at least I've cut out the stress of keeping these little things from him. I just don't want to create stress or pressure on him because he's taking a relaxed approach to this & I think that's what he needs to do. I wish his relaxedness (I think I just may have made up that word) would rub off on me!!!

Well month of May - please bring us our :bfp:s

:dust:Baby Dust to all:dust:

Cutieq what does SMEP stand for? I do my best to figure these out but this one has me stumped!!

CD 9 for me. Waiting to BD until after my HSG (scan to see if my tubes are blocked) tomorrow. Crossing my fingers that I don't ovulate too early/too close to the procedure. Anyways I'm doing my OPK's everyday to figure out when that will be!

Swimmy swimmers and sticky eggs to everyone!

Hey Frenchie, good luck with your HSG test tomorrow! I was just reading about blocked tubes, just wondering how long you have been trying and why/when your dr. recommended the test? Or maybe you asked to have it done?
Thanks!

Cutieq what does SMEP stand for? I do my best to figure these out but this one has me stumped!!

SMEP, the “Sperm Meets Egg Plan” is a TTC (trying to conceive) plan that helps you get pregnant faster with ovulation awareness and intercourse timing. Even if you time intercourse perfectly, you’ve only got a 25% chance to get pregnant each cycle. The SMEP method ensures you get that 1 in 4 shot by literally making sure the sperm and egg have every opportunity to meet each and every cycle.

In order to ensure sperm and egg meet, you will “try” every other day starting on the eighth day of your cycle. The timing of this is based on how long sperm live, realistically a few days under ideal conditions. On the tenth day of your cycle you will begin daily testing with OPKs (ovulation prediction kits) and upon receiving a positive OPK you will “try” 3 more days in a row. Skip one day and give it one more try.

Then the waiting begins… if your period has not arrived 15 days after your positive OPK, take a home pregnancy test. It may be tempting to test early, as some home pregnancy tests now can detect a positive as early as 8 days past ovulation.

Hey all! I'm in for May too, not sure when AF is due, I usually have a better idea once I O. Using opks this month for the first time, wondfos, anyone have tips? Hubby just challenged me to a Baby Dance-off....every day until one of us caves...I bet it's him :)

Hi ladies!! I wasn't getting email alerts. What a nice surprise to see you all here! I'm excited to test OPK this cycle. I've normally guessed or used my all. Fx for all of us. I love reading updates so post away!

Hi girls. Ill be joining in for may as well. Ugh CD1 today, long wait. Going to attempt smep this cycle as well however dont think my fiance can do that much baby dancing lol. Baby dust to everyone.

Cd2 for me. I'm thinking about trying the SMEP plan again w/ Clomid. Wouldn't hurt righT? By the time I start the Clomid we'll finally get the results from the MD about my hubs semen analysis. I'm kinda biting my nails off waiting to hear from him. Ugh won't be in the office until Thursday! 😤

Trying to be positive an stay positive. Trying to relieve some stress too. boy I really gotta hit the gym!
Good luck everyone!!

Linds:
We've been TTC #2 since August '13. I had an IUD removed in June. I'm also dealing with some hypothyroid issues and had some ovarian cysts removed 8 years ago, which left me with reduced ovarian tissue. I saw my gyno after 7 cycles of TTC and he gave me a script to get the HSG done if I didn't conceive over the next couple months. He said I could also put it off for even later: he didn't seem to worried about my fertility since I'm only 29 and I've already had a healthy pregnancy. My DD just turned 2 yesterday. Cupcakes for everyone!

My opk and preg test are hear lol.. So it says to test with opk's any time between 10am-8pm choose the best time for yourself and don't drink two hrs before you test and when you do test it has to be room temp so you have to wait 20mins before testing lol.. So I can't test until nxt Wednesday.. X.

No5:
Don't worry too much about the restrictions on the OPK strips. I would recommend testing around noon-2pm because the hormone that it's trying to detect is released in the morning, so it just depends on how your body metabolizes it and gets rid of it in your urine. Don't drink too much water in the few hours before you test and try to hold for at least 2 hours. I stick to the 20 min wait before using the test, but it is weird to have your pee sitting in your house somewhere!

I wasnt aware of the 20 minute deal with opks. Do you really need to let it sit before using it?

I was just contemplating if I should try OPK this cycle or wait a couple cycles until I've charted a few to know better when I O and after reading the instructions you got I will likely not be able to use them at all :( I'm not going to use them at work - especially if you have to let your urine sit for 20mins!! And I drink a TON of water. There is never a time I go 2hrs without drinking it - unless you count when I'm sleeping. Is that how all OPK's work?

I drink a ton of water too and I'm not using them at work either! I plan to just use first thing in the morning and then around 8pm.
I dont think you have to let it sit out for 20 mins, that's the first time ive heard that. i didn't last month and i got a positive one.

Hi :) I'm in for May- waiting to O but won't be for a week or so prob, so just chilling for now & promising myself I won't symptom spot for the TWW afterwards!

Ha ha yeah right!

Xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"