May I be Pregnant?

neleb04

Reaction score
I got my last period on may 13(the first day of my period) and my husband and I had sex on may 22.What are my chances of getting pregnant? I kinda dont understand the whole counting days of ovulation..does anyone recomemened any good books or websites?

I'd recommend taking a couple hours and reading threads on this site! As for if you might be pregnant... How long are your cycles? are they pretty much the same every month?

https://www.babyandbump.com/forum-help-testing-area/730-babyandbump-lingo-abbreviations.html

I got my last period on may 13(the first day of my period) and my husband and I had sex on may 22.What are my chances of getting pregnant? I kinda dont understand the whole counting days of ovulation..does anyone recomemened any good books or websites?

www.justmommies.com has a good ovulation calendar that i use to see when i will be fertile. However, you need to know how long your cycles are. Mine are about every 25 days.

thank you for replying. I do have a regular cycle.

thank you allisonH, i will check out the website right now

you usually ovulate around the very middle of your cycle.

jem123 how would i calculate that i ovulate on the middle of the month

I would recommend using opk's for the first month to get a ball park figure of when you are going to ovulate. I would also get a pack that has like 20 test strips. I did that my first month just encase my cycle were long or I ovulated late. That way I didn't run out of strips. I use answer brand.

what is opk?

Sorry. OPK's are ovulating predictor kits. You get several strips and start checking your pee with them a couple of days after your period until you get 2 lines. I test once I get two lines and up until I don't see them anymore.

jem123 how would i calculate that i ovulate on the middle of the month

Day 1 of your cycle is the first day of your period. Usually, a woman ovulates 14 day from the LAST day of her cycle. So--my cycle is about 25 days. That means I will ovulate on day 12 (give or take). So--on the days approaching your ovulation date, you need to be :sex: so the sperm can swim their way to meet your egg!

Go to youtube.com and type in "The Great Sperm Race part 1" Watch part 1 and then watch parts 2-6. It is a great video from Discovery explaining the sperms journey to the egg.

After that, you need to google around the internet and read about your cycle, and ovulation etc. :)

thank you ladies!!! i really appreciated it! I been in birth control in the past but only for two months...but never been on birth control consecutive. He usually pulls out and we been on this method for 5 years. However on this occasion (may 22) he ejaculated inside me. If i am its good and if not then its good too.Its just the fact that the whole time i never gotten pregnant and im scare to know that i cant get pregnant.

It's all about timing and perfect circumstances. You can be trying and do everything just perfect and you only stand a 25 percent chance of conceiving. I know it's crazy, but it's the way it is. So don't feel too bad that you haven't gotten pregnant in 5 years with the pull out method. Like I said, everything has to align perfectly to get pregnant.

thank you! I would not think about it before but now i do because i would love to raise a family. Most of my friends have babies and didnt plan it.I mean im not planning it either its just that i do want to learn more about ovulating etc. I just never thought if would be more complicated...

thank you! I would not think about it before but now i do because i would love to raise a family. Most of my friends have babies and didnt plan it.I mean im not planning it either its just that i do want to learn more about ovulating etc. I just never thought if would be more complicated...

It does happen randomly and effortlessly for some people. Their timing was right and maybe some people have super healthy and efficient reproductive organs. Sure wish I did! hehe.

you usually ovulate around the very middle of your cycle.

Not true unless you have exactly a 28 day cycle and know that your luteal phase is exactly 14 days making you Ov on CD 14.

Check out Fertilityfriend.com (click on my ovulation ticker and it will take you there)

Each woman varies and the best thing would be to chart. Whether you use OPK's (ovulation predictor kits), if you temp (a temp spike that stays up means you have ovulated, research on fertility friend to know more about temping) and you can track your cervical mucus (once again, fertility friend can help you research that)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->