May IUI

pirate1974

Reaction score
Ok guys, I'm going for my third this month May IUI! Ladies this is it!! Lets do it!

Yay for you Pirate1974!! Do you know when IUI may possibly be for you this month??

I'm awaiting AF (which is late grr) & the all clear to have my first go at treatment.

I'm sure some of the lovely ladies from last month will make their way over.. good luck :hugs:

I was waiting for someone to start the may thread. Hi pirate. Hi november. I've seen you both around. Anxiously awaiting af so we can get our cd2/cd 3 bloods and ultrasound to see if the cysts are gone. If we don't get cancelled it'll be attempt #2 for baby #2. I'm a hormonal mess right now. I don't know if it's pms or just being anxious but I need for this week to go quickly so I don't have a melt down

Hello,
I had my IUI 4/30 and in my tww! Blood test is the 13th! eeeek I want a BFP soooo bad!

Yay hope. Excited for you. Hopefully your the first of many in the may group.

I went to the pharmacy to get my clomid and ovidrel today. Just waiting on af now. Should be due tomorrow but I stopped temping so I can't be 100% sure but I'm getting anxious now.

Hi Sprite, hope and november! I did my CD3 bloods yesterday, my FSH went down and I was like yahoo (i went overboard with supplements) but then my E2 went up, so usually that means the elevated E2 is suppressing my FSH bringing it down, so it wasn't really down at all. DEFLATED!! Anyway, I'll be going for #3 IUI mid month. After that 3rd attempt, I'm just not sure what's next... we can't really shell out cash for IVF. I'm also going for baby #2, but it's just as frustrating and painful to go through this roller coaster month after month after month after.... Its really hard, glad I have you ladies to know I"m not alone!

Yay for getting started pirate. I hope third time is a charm for you and you don't even have to think about what's next. It's a crazy roller coaster that is for sure. Even for me today I went in thinking I was going to be cancelled because of the cysts and it turns out we are moving forward on an unmedicated cycle. I had 4 follicles/cysts 2 on the left still shrinking but 2 new ones on the right. My estrogen is elevated so we're triggering tonight and doing back to back iuis Fri morn and sat morn. I feel so rushed but at the same times I don't want to miss a chance either. Even if it's a small chance it's better then no chance at all.

How many rounds of iuis will they let you do before they want to go to ivf? We never talked about that with our re but if it gets to that I think we will be out too. I just cant say id like to spend that kind of money knowing we have one already. So fingers crossed we don't have to worry about that.

Hi ladies, do you mind if I join the group? I will be going for my first IUI on Saturday morning - hopefully! My OPKs are borderline so I hope I'm doing the right thing waiting for a strong positive before I go in. I have so many questions about timing...I took one dose of clomid on cd3 and it made me sooooooo sick so I guess that option is out. I didn't need the clomid but the Doctor offered it to give me a better chance of success. Sometimes I feel like I have all the info I need any sometimes I feel like I know nothing. Impatient times!
Where is everyone else at in their cycle? Anyone else getting ready for OPKs?

Welcome night gaze. Good luck on saturday morn. I had my iui today and I go again tomorrow morning. I did the trigger shot Thursday night.

Did they let you do a trigger without clomid or just go by opks?

I have to say I'm feeling very good about this cycle even though I am still spotting from af. Everything I read online says sperm can live in menses so I've got everything crossed that this works out even though I didn't do clomid. 2 follicles on my right side is what we had when we got pg with my daughter too so I can't help but be hopeful.

Is anyone testing out the trigger?

I had my IUI Friday afternoon (rapid change of plans!). No trigger shot, just based on the opk. I have no idea if we got the timing right and now into the tww.
How are you feeling Sprite?

Yay for iui. I hope your timing was just right.

I'm feeling good. I had my progesterone checked this morning and it was 20 so definitely ovulated. So I just keep taking the prog and wait it out. The nurse at the re's office caught me off guard and asked me if I had a good feeling about this one and my response was " it could go either way" which I guess is a realistic response I just wish I was more excited. Doing the iui on cd 3/4 while I was still on af is alittle nerve wracking but they're telling me I have as good of a chance as any. Especially with 2 follicles on my right. So I don't know alittle nervous. I really hope this works.

Hello all! It looks like I'm back. My April IUI didn't take, so it looks like I'll be going in for round #2 this month.

Sorry to hear but Welcome bookgeek. It's not to exciting in the may group just yet.

Afm i'm 4/ 5dpiui. Testing out the trigger. I need to go to the store and get some frer's I plan on testing with one next wednesday. This 2ww is going to be rough.

Hi guys , do you mind if i join too .. went for my first IUI on may 1st and looks like it didnt work out , got my AF today . I didnt take clomid but took HSG shot a day before IUI . I was reading about HSG and came across one blog which said taking HSG shot would desensitize your body to your own HSG, because it is a stronger version which is usually retrieved from women going through menopause. is it true ?

I would like to also know some of your personal experiences about clomid, as am planning to start this month . Please let me know ,any info is helpful.

Welcome swet. Sorry it didn't work out for you. Good luck for your next round. I had not heard that about hsg. I know it's standard protocol for my re so I would think it's one of those things where the benefits out way the risks. I'm not personally worried about it.

I've only taken clomid twice. The first time we got pg with my daughter. II definitely gained 5 lbs that month and The second time I took it I didn't gain any weight because I was watching what I was eating like a hawk but that cycle didn't work out and I ended up with multiple cysts which I found out later was a side effect. So that delayed us one cycle. This cycle I didn't take clomid and I really hope we get pg because I really don't want to go through this all again. It's very stressful on me.

Good luck in your journey

Hi ladies -- Mind if I join?

I had my 2nd IUI -- just yesterday!

I'm worried the trigger shot didn't work though bc I did it lower this time (in a much fattier spot) and I'm not feeling the "false pregnancy symptoms" like I did last time with the trigger shot hormones. Have you heard/read any advice for overweight women when injecting?? I truly hope it made it's way into my system!

I was also on Clomid 150mg... CDs 3 - 7.

Anyone else using frozen sperm from a sperm bank?

The doctor said the specimen had 33million spermies with 47% motility -- anyone know what numbers are considered good?

Welcome ruby. Good luck with your iui.

I'm a bit overweight myself but I've done the trigger 3 times now and never got any symptoms from it. I really hope it worked for you too. Did they not check your progesterone after to confirm ovulation?

My re says that anything over 20 million and 60% is normal. My dh was 39 million with 38% and she didn't seem concerns and day 2 was 26 mil with 58% which she was over the moon happy about. We got pg with my daughter with only 6mil/8 mil so I'd say even with you using frozen sperm that 33 million sounds great.

Fingers crossed.

Hi Sprite -- Thanks for replying. No, she didn't check progesterone level either cycle. Maybe I should ask her about that if this cycle doesn't work. Although I'm praying it does!!! She never mentioned checking anything. Which I was surprised. Both cycles she does the ultrasound to check follicle size/lining thickness... schedules the trigger for the next day... and the IUI for the following day after that. No testing of any sort.

hi ladies! im on iui cycle as well ttc #2. this is my 3rd cycle first one was cancelled before iui i bled 2nd one didnt work :( im realllyyyy desperate this time! as we really cant afforrd moving on to IVF! i started puregon injections on cd3 for 6 days.today i had my follow up scan and i only had 2 big follicles at 9 and 10mm which is not really good :( anyway he prescribed merionel injections for 3 days and scan on thursday. hope it works!!! prayers to all of us!! babydust to alll

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->