May IUI

Bookgeek - I am with you on the OPK issue, we have been trying IUI for the last 4 cycles and I have had so many "false" peak readings (cd6, cd9,ETC) that my RE told me to stop using them. Instead I go in for an ultrasound on CD9 to see the follicle status. I have to say that it has removed a ton of stress because I have a better idea of what my system is actually doing and don't get thrown off by wonky hormone surges.

My IUI was 5/17 so I test next Tuesday, no signs or symptoms and this month was a real long shot that we just threw in for good measure when we scheduled our IVF for August (waiting list was long). But I'm leaving on vacation tomorrow so if implantation is in my future this month, it will be the first time it won't have to go up against raging stress hormones ;) maybe laying on the beach in the sun will help a hopeful little blastocyst find a cushy spot to stay for a while!

Archie, we sound just alike! I got the trigger shot on the 17th, with a 19.5mm follie and O/IUI the 18th. My IUI was 22 hours after HCG/trigger shot. We're exact cycle twins! I think you have a great chance, I've had cramps but not pulling/stretching. I've read fatigue/exhaustion is the biggest sign of a BFP too; I haven't had that either. I'm excited to see if you get a BFP! I think it sounds good. :) Have you been testing out the trigger?

Sprite, glad you went with your gut feeling and went in! It's so important that they know your estrogen, progesterone are low and lining is thin. Now they know what they're working with and can do everything in their power to fix it. :) I hope 3rd times a charm for you!! I've read up to 6 IUI's is standard before moving on. You've still got time and chances :) Best wishes to you!

Yes wifeybby sounds very similar. Pulling n stretching seems to be gone today but still tired. What other symptoms you have? Waiting till beta test till 4th June. When u planning to test?
Me too have 19.5 mm follie on 17th....don't know why my doc triggered it on 18th morning. But have no ultrasound on 18th. What if I ovulated on 17th night on my own before hcg shot. I don't know what's going to happen.FX crossed. Hope we both get our BFP in this twin cycle :) .
Lots of baby dust. :hugs::baby:

Good luck to you both. So cool you guys are in the same cycle. There was a lady at my re who had her iuis and progesterone checked on the same days as me. But when I went in for my beta she wasn't there at the same time as me so I have no clue if her cycle worked out. I hope she had better luck then me.

I hope we get BFPS too, Archie! SO badly. <3 I'm planning to test March 31st if I can wait that long. I don't have betas scheduled, they just told me to take a home test and call with either result. Last time when I called in with a bfn I think they took betas and checked things to make 100% sure I wasn't pregnant and could safely take clomid again. Since they trigged you on the 18th then, you could possibly of had a 20-22mm follie! Which is awesome! I get what you mean though on wondering if you O'd on your own by then - I would wonder that too. Either way, I think your IUI timing was right on track with what's recommended and was still worth it! I haven't had much symptoms, which idk if that's good or bad. I cramped until 7DPO, it's gone today at 8DPO - I had a really bad backache on 6DO - increased CM at times but not all the time, sometimes dry. This TWW is so different from my last I'm not sure what to think!

Sprite, I'm always nosy and try to listen to the receptionist talk about what someone is paying for or what happened - lol! It would be cool to see/know someone else there did the same thing at the same time almost. She's your long lost cycle twin :haha: I often wonder who in my RE's office is on BnB and I'm none the wiser -- or too, their story as to why they're here. Who has had a loss, who is a BFP virgin, who has kids already and who doesn't, is it male or female factor for them -- I sometimes have some deep thinking in that waiting room as you can see :rofl: Maybe we should wear a diagnosis stating t-shirt to these appointments lol! jk jk jk!

Oh no, book. That's crappy! So sorry they let you down. That's not fair to you or anyone else in that situation. I hope you catch that egg and save your money! Excuse my lack of knowledge, but do you have male factor or cervix issues? I'll keep you in my thoughts and Fx!!!

We're classified as a slight male factor, but I personally believe it's generally unknown. They haven't found anything on my end, but they also haven't checked my follicles every cycle to make sure I'm producing a egg. Right now they're just going off of my temping charts that show a distinct O day in conjunction with LH surges. All of DH's tests are normal, with motility being on the low end of normal but still within limits. So who knows? :shrug:

I've talked to DH and he says that if we missed it this cycle, I can call in for Clomid to try to up our chances for next cycle. I think I also want to see if they can check the progress of my follicles prior to O to make sure they are doing what they're supposed to be doing.

FX and babydust to everyone who got their IUI this month!:hugs:

Sprite, I'm always nosy and try to listen to the receptionist talk about what someone is paying for or what happened - lol! It would be cool to see/know someone else there did the same thing at the same time almost. She's your long lost cycle twin :haha: I often wonder who in my RE's office is on BnB and I'm none the wiser -- or too, their story as to why they're here. Who has had a loss, who is a BFP virgin, who has kids already and who doesn't, is it male or female factor for them -- I sometimes have some deep thinking in that waiting room as you can see :rofl: Maybe we should wear a diagnosis stating t-shirt to these appointments lol! jk jk jk!

I know. They're actually used to be a thread for my "franchise" it ended up being a regional thing but I check it all the time to see if people updated there signatures. And every now and then someone posts. But I see so many people over and over at the officd and it's weird bc I put all kinds of thinks on bnb but i don't like talking to people in person about it.

I hope we get BFPS too, Archie! SO badly. <3 I'm planning to test March 31st if I can wait that long. I don't have betas scheduled, they just told me to take a home test and call with either result. Last time when I called in with a bfn I think they took betas and checked things to make 100% sure I wasn't pregnant and could safely take clomid again. Since they trigged you on the 18th then, you could possibly of had a 20-22mm follie! Which is awesome! I get what you mean though on wondering if you O'd on your own by then - I would wonder that too. Either way, I think your IUI timing was right on track with what's recommended and was still worth it! I haven't had much symptoms, which idk if that's good or bad. I cramped until 7DPO, it's gone today at 8DPO - I had a really bad backache on 6DO - increased CM at times but not all the time, sometimes dry. This TWW is so different from my last I'm not sure what to think!

Hi wifeybby , I am excited and hopeful to hear BFP from your side:thumbup: hope u will be testing today.:happydance::baby:

Hey Archie! I tested this morning and bfn :( so bummed.. Hoping we can try again this cycle and catch this eggy! Thanks for thinking of me! <3

Did you test today too?! I hope you get a sticky BFP!

BFP this morning!!!! woo hoo! so this was my third IUI and I made one change. Acupuncture! I'm convinced this is what led to my pregnancy! I also ate warm food and wore socks all day every day even slept in them because my acupuncturist told me my body and uterus were really cold (probably because I lost a tremendous amount of blood after the birth of my first!) please try acupuncture (and wear those socks!) ladies! I know this is the reason why i got my BFP!

Yay congrats pirate. I am so happy for you. 3rd time was the charm. Wishing you a very happy and healthy 9 months.

Afm. I had my cd 10 follicle check and we have 3 follicles. 2 on the right 16 mm and 19 mm so said the 19 mm is ready to go so we need to trigger tonight. I have some fluid in my uterus so before tomorrow's iui she is going to see if she can as aspirate any of it. Wish me luck. I'm getting anxious now I wish it wasn't so difficult for us.

good luck sprite! drink hot liquids (and no cold liquids) and wear socks for the next 2 weeks! Also eat pineapple, all this week!

Hey Archie! I tested this morning and bfn :( so bummed.. Hoping we can try again this cycle and catch this eggy! Thanks for thinking of me! <3

Did you test today too?! I hope you get a sticky BFP!

Oh I am so sorry dear.:hugs: hope u get sticky bean in this cycle. :hugs:

No I hav not tested yet as I have been very unlucky with HPT. Never ever got two lines . So will wait till 4th June. Hope till then AF does not show her ugly face. FX crossed.

BFP this morning!!!! woo hoo! so this was my third IUI and I made one change. Acupuncture! I'm convinced this is what led to my pregnancy! I also ate warm food and wore socks all day every day even slept in them because my acupuncturist told me my body and uterus were really cold (probably because I lost a tremendous amount of blood after the birth of my first!) please try acupuncture (and wear those socks!) ladies! I know this is the reason why i got my BFP!

Congratulations dear on your BFP.:flower:

I am 31. Trying for 3 years now. DH is 35. I have Endo. We did clomid 3-7 with trigger on the 14th IUI on the 16. I am dying with the wait. I feel all kinds of symptoms. Feel like I'm going crazy. Got 2 faint BPF. Going for blood work tomorrow. I'm so scared, even typing this now has me in tears. This is the last month we are trying for a while I need a break. The emtional strain is killing me. I lost my dad who was my hero in December so it has been a rough year. Please pray for me ladies and any advise would be awesome. I have no one to talk to about this. No one I know has problems getting pregnant. Which makes this very hard. DH tries but he doesn't get it cause nothing is wrong with him. Sorry if this is the wrong place to post new to the site.

Good luck algirl. Hope your blood work confirms you bfp! I don't have anyone else to talk to irl either. Dh is very private and he would prefer people not know we are struggling which makes it even harder.

I hear you on taking a break. I'm emotionally drained myself.

good luck sprite! drink hot liquids (and no cold liquids) and wear socks for the next 2 weeks! Also eat pineapple, all this week!

Definitely doing pineapple and socks. I did pineapple when we got pg with my daughter but I haven't done it yet while trying for baby#2 but whether it's superstition or it actually helps it doesn't matter I'm definitely doing that.

ALgirl, wish u lots of babydust. Hope u get ur sticky BFP:baby:

Oh no Archie, that's a bummer :( boo for AF. I thought for sure you'd be posting a BFP any day here. Will you be following the same protocol next cycle? Wishing you the best of luck next time <3

Still no AF here but still BFNs. :nope:

Sprite, for my first, I unknowingly was eating pineapple like a crazy person while TTC because this restaurant near my office made these amazing pineapples baked with cinnamon and other stuff and I was obsessed and then i got the BFP and only later learned that its good to build up lining! I ate a ton the week of my ovulation this time too but not nearly as much since I dont work near that place anymore!

Boo, sorry about AF archie!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->