May & June 2022 Munchkins

12 week scan today!! I'm actually 13 weeks though. Can't wait to get this done, fingers crossed all is well!

Sander - That'd usually be me. Picking up clothing here and there, but I told SO I'd wait til after the sprinkle. Plus, I think my sister is about to start giving me hand-me-downs from her 2yo daughter.
Sucks about all the closures and restrictions again. Really hoping they'll let the kids go back to in-person learning after XMas break.

Yoshi - Yay for 2nd tri!

Sugger - Glad to hear you'll be trying again in a bit. Sending you lots of fertile and sticky dust.

MrsT - Good luck.

Well, I had my scan today. Long story short, the tech didn't show me the "money shot" and when I asked if if she could see the gender, she said yes, but she would have it reviewed by the head tech and would send the report to my midwife in 2 business days. I told her about the SP test and it saying girl and she said something to the effect of "that result doesn't appear to be incorrect." And, just before I left, I kinda asked again and this time she said something like "that seems to be what it is (a girl), but we'll get that double checked."
Soooo, that sounds like it actually is a girl, right? Probably ok to tell everyone on XMas? My MW clinic is always closed on Fridays and they don't give results over the phone, so I won't get the official report until January 10th.

Screenshot_20211222-162721_Gallery.jpg

Last edited:
I'm nervous something will go wrong too. The last ultrasound I had (elective scan) they told me she was measuring 5 days behind. She did go fast but it has made me worried something will go wrong. None of my kids have ever measured behind they were always measured ahead. I have a Doppler but I still struggle at times finding the heartbeat. Thankfully my husband can usually find it though. I think also losing my mom earlier this year has just made me nervous about losing the baby too. Like I'm expecting something bad to happen. We were told my mom's cancer was fone and then out of nowhere it took her. I'm just on edge. We started wrapping gifts last week and only made it wrapping our oldest's gifts, still have 2 more to go. For some reason the past couple weeks my kids have not been falling asleep like usual so by the time they go to sleep I need to go to bed. I'm hoping to get them wrapped Wednesday or Thursday since my husband will be off work.

Aw hopefully she will grow and catch up by your next scan !
So sorry you lost your mum , I’m not surprised you feel the way you do and similar to me , I’ve lost 3 relatives lately , and I am just waiting for the next bad thing . I think since this pregnancy started off with so much uncertainty it made me worry more.

There's my little munchkin, measuring bang on 13 weeks. Wouldn't stop wriggling around. So amazing to see :cloud9:

20211223_102001.jpg

Well, I had my scan today. Long story short, the tech didn't show me the "money shot" and when I asked if if she could see the gender, she said yes, but she would have it reviewed by the head tech and would send the report to my midwife in 2 business days. I told her about the SP test and it saying girl and she said something to the effect of "that result doesn't appear to be incorrect." And, just before I left, I kinda asked again and this time she said something like "that seems to be what it is (a girl), but we'll get that double checked."
Soooo, that sounds like it actually is a girl, right? Probably ok to tell everyone on XMas? My MW clinic is always closed on Fridays and they don't give results over the phone, so I won't get the official report until January 10th.

View attachment 1104961

This is HIGHLY annoying! Like lady give a break just say it's a girl. I hate when the ultrasound techs get all weird like that.

Pretty - I hope so too. None of my kids are in school yet but I can imagine it’s frustrating for parents to be in the dark all the time. I actually have to register my oldest for kindergarten next month :sad2:It’s so bittersweet but he’s definitely ready to go. Even now he asks me every day if he can go to school :haha:

As for the gender - yes I would definitely go ahead and share. Boys are so obvious - if she thinks girl, combined with SneakPeek I’d say you’re in the clear. Annoying she couldn’t just say though!

So glad you had a great scan MrsT!

Sander - That'd usually be me. Picking up clothing here and there, but I told SO I'd wait til after the sprinkle. Plus, I think my sister is about to start giving me hand-me-downs from her 2yo daughter.
Sucks about all the closures and restrictions again. Really hoping they'll let the kids go back to in-person learning after XMas break.

Yoshi - Yay for 2nd tri!

Sugger - Glad to hear you'll be trying again in a bit. Sending you lots of fertile and sticky dust.

MrsT - Good luck.

View attachment 1104961
I would be confident baby is a girl after her response !

The main things I noticed that were different to my boys is I had zero appetite this time, and I had hot flashes which I’ve never had before either.

Exciting that you’ll be TTC again soon!

Thank you hon. I caved and brought opks and hpts. They were on offer so I thought why not. They arrived on Friday and its made me feel so excited about trying.
I've put them away for now but had to grab them at such good prices.
I got easy@home opks and hpts I love them and actually found the hpts better than frer. They just got darker everyday. Also got some wondfo opks and hpts. I've used there opks when were were ttc and loved them but I've never used there hpts.
Also got some frer just because they were on offer too but have strictly told myself to not use unless I get lines on the ICs.
Always like to have a few different brands just to be sure.

I'm a bit anxious about trying with what happened last year and how long it took too get Harley but I'm trying to stay positive.

Merry Christmas hon. And all u other ladies.

Merry Christmas ! Hope you all had a wonderful time with your families !

Cannot believe I am 18 weeks today , still no date for my scan but after I phoned I am apparently on the list and they will call with an appointment !

I’m excited for you Sugger! I just got rid of my OPK’s and leftover hpt’s :haha: I’m glad to be done, but I’m excited for everyone adding more babies to the family!

18 weeks already BabyBump - crazy how time flies. Hopefully you get your appointment soon!

We’ve had a relaxed couple of days at home, it’s been nice that DH has had some time off work. My youngest learned to walk yesterday! Soon all 3 of them will be running circles around me haha. Not much new on the pregnancy front. Baby has been kicking away and my scan is coming up in about 2 weeks. I did pick up a couple things on Boxing Day that I’m excited about - specifically a new mattress since ours is just terrible. I bought it 3 years ago for $199 :wacko: This new one was on sale for $400, so still not a fancy mattress but at least should be a bit more comfortable! Anyone else get anything on sale this year?

Aww how exciting your youngest is taking his first steps @Sander ! So cute , hope your new mattress is more comfortable!

We haven’t picked anything up in the sales this year. I have been looking around for a new buggy/travel system, what buggy are you ladies getting ?! .

Aww how exciting your youngest is taking his first steps @Sander ! So cute , hope your new mattress is more comfortable!

We haven’t picked anything up in the sales this year. I have been looking around for a new buggy/travel system, what buggy are you ladies getting ?! .

We got the Joovy Qool system when my youngest was born because it’s a double stroller. Before that we had the Chicco Bravo stroller which connects with the infant car seat. We kept that one too to use as a single stroller. Both are nice! The Joovy feels fancier but it doesn’t have cupholders for mom, so that’s a negative. I find though they both have decent storage, drive smoothly and are super easy to fold up.

We got the Joovy Qool system when my youngest was born because it’s a double stroller. Before that we had the Chicco Bravo stroller which connects with the infant car seat. We kept that one too to use as a single stroller. Both are nice! The Joovy feels fancier but it doesn’t have cupholders for mom, so that’s a negative. I find though they both have decent storage, drive smoothly and are super easy to fold up.
Thanks Sander ! I will have a look these ! I had the Mothercare Orb for DD1 which then got replaced shortly before we stopped using it . So when DD2 came around it was brand new . I loved that pram and kept it in good condition so DS was good to use it ! The pram is still in amazing condition to look at but the recliner wire snapped - common problem apparently so now I can’t use it ! I’ve well had my moneys worth though 3 kids later hahaha !

Here’s a pic of my 18 week 1 day bump!
DDs keep asking when we are going to find out if baby is boy or girl . DD1 even wrote a letter to Santa asking which scout elf he will bring him/her so cute !

30CDB3EB-6DEC-4EAE-928A-9F6D9EFC163F.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ashhmichelle
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"