May & June 2022 Munchkins

Thank you !

We are finally got home after waiting alll dayyy to be discharged . The midwives and nurses are so lovely just too busy and so understaffed .

The children absolutely love him and DS wants to see and hold him all the time ! I was worried how he would be !

Our beautiful baby boy arrived today 16/5/22 at 2:04 am weighing 7lb 8oz

Pessary was inserted at 9am on 15/5/22 nothing all day started getting pains around 4am nothing too much went to bed and woke up at 1am to a few twinges , then woke up again around 2am with the worst contractions. Got hospital and was examined I was only 2cm .
Pessary was removed and I went to 4cm. .Waters were broke around 9 am and contractions started , got to 5cm, drip was started at 12 noon and I went for 5cm to 10cm in half an hour !
Few pushes later is head was out but his shoulders got stuck , resus team was called and they had to dislodge them! Thankfully he came and started crying ! Placenta was stubborn came a short while later .

Those contractions on the pessary and drop were intense! Will update if I remember anything else !

View attachment 1108605

Congratulations!

@Babybump87 We have a Luke and he's fabulous if that helps lol. We were actually going to name this baby Josh (not Joshua) but she's a girl so that got scraped. I think you have a really nice list there. All of those are great.

Well, just had my weekly check up and I am still 3cm dilated but she said she could feel his head and my cervix is starting to thin so she recommends induction at 39 weeks which is May 25th. :)

Just a quick question about braxton hicks. I've been getting them every 5 mins for the past hour or so. They last about 1 minute at a time. Is this common at just shy of 34 weeks?

Just a quick question about braxton hicks. I've been getting them every 5 mins for the past hour or so. They last about 1 minute at a time. Is this common at just shy of 34 weeks?
I had Braxton Hicks contractions at 34 weeks but they were not that close together and didn't go on for that long at a time. Maybe you should call in and mention it just to be safe.

My braxton hicks have never been regular enough to time, and have ALWAYS gone away within 1 hr after drinking 4 glasses of water and resting. If you tried the above and they are still coming regularly, I'd phone the doc.

@Babybump87 We have a Luke and he's fabulous if that helps lol. We were actually going to name this baby Josh (not Joshua) but she's a girl so that got scraped. I think you have a really nice list there. All of those are great.

We have with the help of DDs decided to name him Joshua , still working on the middle name possibly Luke ! He really suits his name.

Unfortunately we are spending the night in our local hospital . Midwife came today for his 2 day check up and wasn’t happy with his jaundice even though he was checked over before being discharged last night . He’s had a blood test and his levels are raised so needs the UV light .

We have with the help of DDs decided to name him Joshua , still working on the middle name possibly Luke ! He really suits his name.

Unfortunately we are spending the night in our local hospital . Midwife came today for his 2 day check up and wasn’t happy with his jaundice even though he was checked over before being discharged last night . He’s had a blood test and his levels are raised so needs the UV light .

Love the name! Hopefully he won't have to be in the hospital long!

Thanks for the replies ladies. They settled down eventually after about 3 hours. Very odd. Definitely not proper contractions, they were uncomfortable but not painful. Just never had them so regularly before.
Good news is I finished work yesterday so I'm buzzing about that.

Babybump, I hope Joshua is soon able to go back home. I love his name xx

Thanks for the replies ladies. They settled down eventually after about 3 hours. Very odd. Definitely not proper contractions, they were uncomfortable but not painful. Just never had them so regularly before.
Good news is I finished work yesterday so I'm buzzing about that.

Babybump, I hope Joshua is soon able to go back home. I love his name xx
Glad your feeling better now !! Those BH just keeping you on your toes ! yayyy for finishing work ! That’s amazing.
Thank you hopefully soon we will be home x

Hi ladies. So sorry I've been MIA for a long time. I've just been super busy and tired between kids and work and household stuff.

Long story short, found out not too long ago that my MWs have my EDD as the 19th based on my first scan, not the 17th based on my LMP. Regardless, it's now passed midnight on the 20th, so Baby Girl is officially late. Assuming I don't go into labour in the next 24 hours, I'll get myself all caught up on this thread.

Sorry again and I hope everyone is doing well.

Hi ladies. So sorry I've been MIA for a long time. I've just been super busy and tired between kids and work and household stuff.

Long story short, found out not too long ago that my MWs have my EDD as the 19th based on my first scan, not the 17th based on my LMP. Regardless, it's now passed midnight on the 20th, so Baby Girl is officially late. Assuming I don't go into labour in the next 24 hours, I'll get myself all caught up on this thread.

Sorry again and I hope everyone is doing well.
Glad to know your doing well !! C’mon baby girl we are all waiting for you !! Hope you feeling ok , going over is such a drag ! Xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->