May & June 2022 Munchkins

Aw I’m glad he’s improving BabyBump! He must have a high pain tolerance, all my kids screamed their heads off getting their heels pricked :? Hope he keeps improving!

Crazy - I hope you don’t get ppd this time :hugs: I’m always surprised that OB’s see women so infrequently during that postpartum period. I think postpartum is so important to be seen by a provider for a million different reasons, ppd being one of them! The midwives here see you at 1 day pp, 3 days, 7 days, and if baby is doing well they don’t schedule the next visit until 14 days pp, and then I believe it’s 4 and 6 weeks. It’s too bad OB’s can’t set up a system where you only see your doctor at 6 weeks, but that you’re scheduled to see someone in the interim. Anyways - healthcare still has a ways to go I guess, I think a 3 week visit is a huge improvement!

We have been doing well, I find it’s so weird because I’m equally obsessed with the baby and so happy that she’s our last. I’ve been LOVING having a girl - I’m not even very girly but getting her all dressed up makes me so happy :haha: And I’m so ready to move on with our family from the baby stage. I’m looking forward to taking trips together and going camping etc. Anyways, it’s weird feeling both things at the same time but I think it’s helping me fully enjoy this time. And can you guys even :kiss: She is just the cherry on top for our family!

View attachment 1108790

Things have gone a bit backwards for us . Joshua’s feeding has decreased he’s only taking an oz or so . He’s also had diarrhea and spitting up alot of his milk . Waiting for a call back from the GP to discuss alternative formula for milk allergy given the family history. He’s also had his bloods taken this morning . His colour has improved but he’s still jaundice . What a week wow !

I agree @Sander so much more needs to be done to help mums postnatal . It’s improving but slowly . That’s great you get so many checkups !

Awww she’s just so adorable !!! :kiss:.

We had Maryann's checkup today, they wanted to make sure that she was at least back up to birth weight. She was 7lbs 7oz when born and was 7lbs 3 oz at her first appt. Today she weighed 7lbs 13 oz. It made me so happy! I'm not sure if I mentioned it before but I wasn't able to breast feed my other kids because I didn't produce enough milk. This time I have been able to produce more than I have before. It's still not enough to feed her breast milk for every feed but more than half of her feeding are breast milk. I was worried she wouldn't be gaining weight properly with my milk (mainly because I never had enough to give before). I can't describe how happy I was to hear her weight today!
Amazing well done !! :happydance:

Things have gone a bit backwards for us . Joshua’s feeding has decreased he’s only taking an oz or so . He’s also had diarrhea and spitting up alot of his milk . Waiting for a call back from the GP to discuss alternative formula for milk allergy given the family history. He’s also had his bloods taken this morning . His colour has improved but he’s still jaundice . What a week wow !

I agree @Sander so much more needs to be done to help mums postnatal . It’s improving but slowly . That’s great you get so many checkups !

I'm sorry there is so much going on with you and your little one! Hopefully the milk situation gets sorted quickly and that he starts eating more!

Sorry its been a rough start for you and Joshua babybump. Hope you managed to get formula sorted and his tummy has settled x

Thanks ladies !

Yesterday his bloods came back showing further improvement so a bit of good news he’s been discharged from the community peads !!! Just keep eye on him but his colour is a lot better .

Got to see the GP who prescribed him formula. Hopefully this will help ! Things are hopefully turning a corner for him now .

76ED09A0-324F-4DBB-8116-26821B3299F1.jpeg Here is my sweet boy !

Last edited:
So it’s been a rough beginning already. They couldn’t find a vein for an IV so they jabbed me in like 4 different spots and my blood pressure dropped out of no where and I almost fainted. Then they finally got the blood work and gave me a medication to thin my cervix… well… about 15 minutes after taking that Noah’s heartbeat dropped. I had 7 nurses and my dr all rush into the room at once and throw an oxygen mask over my face! It freaked me out I had no idea at the time what was happening! Luckily they got his heartbeat back up and now I’m walking the hall for about an hr. Won’t get checked again til about noon. Keep me in your thoughts and prayers today, ladies. <3

Oh my goodness @Babybump87 how stressful for you. His pore little heal bless him. I really hope his feeding will be sorted soon. He is so precious bless him.

@Sander she is so sweet hon and it is so fun dressing up girls.
I would love another little boy but seeing these pictures of baby girls with cute hair bands and dresses and stuff makes me think a girl would be nice. Hehe. Thing is if I fall with a baby girl I have nothing. I have so many boys stuff that I’ve kept if we have another boy but if it’s a girl we would have to start from scratch.
Hope your healing well love.
So right what u said about pnd too. I found with my last 2 I felt very low from around 3 weeks pp.

Not sure who said about the 3 week pp check up but I think that’s so good.
I didn’t have a pp check up until 9 weeks pp because of covid. Think being seen earlier is such a good idea.

good luck to the other ladies still yet to give birth. Can’t wait to see more pics of babies.

Can’t believe some of the babes are already 3 weeks old. it really does go by so quickly.

So it’s been a rough beginning already. They couldn’t find a vein for an IV so they jabbed me in like 4 different spots and my blood pressure dropped out of no where and I almost fainted. Then they finally got the blood work and gave me a medication to thin my cervix… well… about 15 minutes after taking that Noah’s heartbeat dropped. I had 7 nurses and my dr all rush into the room at once and throw an oxygen mask over my face! It freaked me out I had no idea at the time what was happening! Luckily they got his heartbeat back up and now I’m walking the hall for about an hr. Won’t get checked again til about noon. Keep me in your thoughts and prayers today, ladies. <3

Praying for a safe delivery love. Did they give u the Pessary?
I had that the last 2 times and with my almost 3 year old they put it in at 11am and by 5pm I started contractions. Hopefully things get going for you soon hon and hopefully his heart rate stays stable.
sorry they had to prick you so many times. That happened to me too. My veins are a nightmare lol. If u can eat I highly recommend having something just to keep ure strength up and also if u can get any naps I also highly recommend.
I’m thinking of you love good luck. You’ve got this <3

Good luck Sammy! Will be thinking about you. Hope you're doing alright x

Thank you! <3 they gave me something I put under my tongue and let it dissolve. They started my pitocin about an hour ago and my contractions have gotten a little more intense. Dr will be back in a few hours to check me again and possibly break my water.

Wishing you the best of luck lovely !! Soon be holding little Noah in your arms xx

Thank you! <3 they gave me something I put under my tongue and let it dissolve. They started my pitocin about an hour ago and my contractions have gotten a little more intense. Dr will be back in a few hours to check me again and possibly break my water.

Thinking of you Sammy! I hope you are in active labor if not holding your little one by now!

Awwww Sammy he is absolutely adorable and all that hair. I love that he has a little Mohawk going on. What a cool little dude. Hope ure ok love.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->