May & June 2022 Munchkins

Ive been in hospital for monitoring since last night. So I am hooked up to the CTG machine for a test once every 3 hours and they just do a NST. So far it all looks ok (I was doing a routine 38w NST at my doctor's office when he saw higher than normal hb on the baby and sent me to hospital). Really hope they send me home today, I would love a few more days to relax before baby comes. I have a terrible cough and a middle ear infection, so Im in no state to spend energy on labouring. I am ok with the idea of getting an induction (I technically should have one next week due to my GD), but I am not emotionally ready for this yet :haha:

Anyone else’s newborn bring back their feeds ?

Joshua brings back a lot of his milk every single feed no matter what we do , keeping him upright for 20/30 minutes etc and it literally comes back! We are changing him numerous times a day because of this.

I’m thinking it’s reflux . He doesn’t seem to like laying flat either and try’s to turn onto his side , which has my nerves gone !

My first was like this. A good quality probiotic helped a lot. Get the expensive ones that need to be kept in the fridge.

Ive been in hospital for monitoring since last night. So I am hooked up to the CTG machine for a test once every 3 hours and they just do a NST. So far it all looks ok (I was doing a routine 38w NST at my doctor's office when he saw higher than normal hb on the baby and sent me to hospital). Really hope they send me home today, I would love a few more days to relax before baby comes. I have a terrible cough and a middle ear infection, so Im in no state to spend energy on labouring. I am ok with the idea of getting an induction (I technically should have one next week due to my GD), but I am not emotionally ready for this yet :haha:
Oh no! To both the infection and needing monitoring. Hope they let you home soon so you can relax a bit more and recover from infection before the big day!

Luckily home now and all the monitoring showed no problems with Kaja. They can't really say what caused the higher hb's, but it's gone now. So bought myself one last week of pregnancy before my induction on 8 June.

@Babybump87
It’s definitely bittersweet hon. I have kept all my kids very first baby grow. But I have kept literally everything from My nearly 3 year old.
When we fell with my youngest and he was a boy too it’s was so helpful.
I’m still keeping it all now. but we have been ttc for 4 months now and I’m hoping we fall with our rainbow soon, if it’s another boy at least I have all the clothes lol.
if it’s a girl we would have to completely start from scratch.
My yonngest dropped to 6lb 5 at a 6 days old so he was in tiny baby for a good 5 weeks then new born. So it was nice I got to keep him in the teeny stuff for ages.
but when he grew out of it and when I was putting it all away I got really emotional.
I can’t believe he is 9 months old it has gone so so quickly.
It’s a shame they don’t stay babies for longer.

Sorry your little one is so sick love. It definitely sounds like reflux. my youngest had it bad from 4 weeks old.
he is is special formula for it.
I should be able to change him to follow on soon as I read they grow out of reflux between 6 and 12 months and he’s 9 months . Changing him to the anti reflux formula helps loads.
I had to get bigger teats tho with a medium flow because it’s much thicker than the normal stuff.

@Sander
Oh no hon. So sorry you have Covid. I really hope you only have it very mild.
I had it in January and I felt terrible for 3 days but after that I was completely fine. get well soon love.

@Bloblo
Oh no so sorry your poorly as well.
I really hope u feel better asap. eeek the 8th is not far at all. Hope your 100% better b4 the big day.

I'm 1cm dilated, so not much going on. My blood pressure is creeping up a little bit so we're doing an ultrasound on Saturday to see how baby is doing. If everything is fine my OB will let me go 7-10 days overdue. If anything is off with the placenta or fluid we will schedule an induction. Really hoping to just let this one come on their own. FX

Luckily home now and all the monitoring showed no problems with Kaja. They can't really say what caused the higher hb's, but it's gone now. So bought myself one last week of pregnancy before my induction on 8 June.
Glad your both ok ! Enjoy your last week of pregnancy !!

@Babybump87
It’s definitely bittersweet hon. I have kept all my kids very first baby grow. But I have kept literally everything from My nearly 3 year old.
When we fell with my youngest and he was a boy too it’s was so helpful.
I’m still keeping it all now. but we have been ttc for 4 months now and I’m hoping we fall with our rainbow soon, if it’s another boy at least I have all the clothes lol.
if it’s a girl we would have to completely start from scratch.
My yonngest dropped to 6lb 5 at a 6 days old so he was in tiny baby for a good 5 weeks then new born. So it was nice I got to keep him in the teeny stuff for ages.
but when he grew out of it and when I was putting it all away I got really emotional.
I can’t believe he is 9 months old it has gone so so quickly.
It’s a shame they don’t stay babies for longer.

Sorry your little one is so sick love. It definitely sounds like reflux. my youngest had it bad from 4 weeks old.
he is is special formula for it.
I should be able to change him to follow on soon as I read they grow out of reflux between 6 and 12 months and he’s 9 months . Changing him to the anti reflux formula helps loads.
I had to get bigger teats tho with a medium flow because it’s much thicker than the normal stuff.

@Sander
Oh no hon. So sorry you have Covid. I really hope you only have it very mild.
I had it in January and I felt terrible for 3 days but after that I was completely fine. get well soon love.

@Bloblo
Oh no so sorry your poorly as well.
I really hope u feel better asap. eeek the 8th is not far at all. Hope your 100% better b4 the big day.
Oh I am such a sucker for keeping things . I’ve kept all my children's baby clothes ! I just can’t bare to part with them . We started from scratch with DS1 .
I get sooo emotional too putting away all their newborn clothes ! Wow I remember when your little one was born too ! The months sure do go too quick . I hope your get your BFP soon .

Yeah I feel sorry for my DS he’s had a rough start but hopefully turning a corner .
Midwife came yesterday and said he looks amazing . He has had a jump in weight and now weighs just a little over his birth weight (8lb7oz) !

So she thinks the formula is the right one for him! He was also sick when she was here which I was glad she seen! . She also thinks it’s reflux , he’s now been given Gaviscon by the GP so hopefully this help ! DD2 and DS had it too . How much of a nightmare is it ! Feel sorry for the little ones with it ! I hope your little one outgrows it soon !

I'm 1cm dilated, so not much going on. My blood pressure is creeping up a little bit so we're doing an ultrasound on Saturday to see how baby is doing. If everything is fine my OB will let me go 7-10 days overdue. If anything is off with the placenta or fluid we will schedule an induction. Really hoping to just let this one come on their own. FX
Good luck for your scan ! Hopefully little one will come on their own !!

Oh I am such a sucker for keeping things . I’ve kept all my children's baby clothes ! I just can’t bare to part with them . We started from scratch with DS1 .
I get sooo emotional too putting away all their newborn clothes ! Wow I remember when your little one was born too ! The months sure do go too quick . I hope your get your BFP soon .

Yeah I feel sorry for my DS he’s had a rough start but hopefully turning a corner .
Midwife came yesterday and said he looks amazing . He has had a jump in weight and now weighs just a little over his birth weight (8lb7oz) !

So she thinks the formula is the right one for him! He was also sick when she was here which I was glad she seen! . She also thinks it’s reflux , he’s now been given Gaviscon by the GP so hopefully this help ! DD2 and DS had it too . How much of a nightmare is it ! Feel sorry for the little ones with it ! I hope your little one outgrows it soon !

Hi love yeah I really can’t believe he is 9 months now. so glad ure liltle one is doing well and gaining nicely.

The reflux was terrible. At first we didn’t know what it was. He would cry while having a feed. At first we thought colic but he kept crying during feeds and pulling away.
it was like he really wanted it but something was wrong. Then I thought reflux.
we took him to the GP and she said reflux and colic.
I felt so sorry for him. I kind of wish we put him on the anti reflux stuff sooner because that really did wonders.

At least I know now what to look out for it we do have another one.
I know we are ttc but I know at my age it’s not gonna be easy.
I wish they could stay babies lol.

My Group B strep test came back positive because everything seems to be happening to me this pregnancy. :/ I’ve never had to have a IV before while in labor and will have to this time because of this. On another note. I have a growth ultrasound on Monday. That what to check baby’s size since I haven’t been gaining weight.

My Group B strep test came back positive because everything seems to be happening to me this pregnancy. :/ I’ve never had to have a IV before while in labor and will have to this time because of this. On another note. I have a growth ultrasound on Monday. That what to check baby’s size since I haven’t been gaining weight.
Oh yoshi :hugs:you've had a rough time this pregnancy bless you. You've reminded me I need to ask for a strep B test when I see the midwife next week, they don't routinely test in the UK which is crazy.
Hope your scan goes well xx

Good luck for your scan yoshi.

How are all the little babies doing?
Any signs of any more coming soon? Can't wait to hear :)
24 days left til due date for me. Absolutely cannot wait now, I'm so ready for this baby to come! Any tips on how to get things going once I hit 37 weeks? I'm desperate not to go overdue this time if it can be avoided :wacko:

Im 39w1d today, and induction scheduled for Wednesday, so for sure little Kaja will be here soon! Hoping to go naturally today/tmw to avoid the hassle of induction. But also ready in case that doesn't happen.
@MrsT116 I have always tried walking, ball bouncing, spicy food, sex, sidestepping stairs etc... none of that has ever worked for me, so can't really recommend any of it. My kids just like to be late ](*,)

Im 39w1d today, and induction scheduled for Wednesday, so for sure little Kaja will be here soon! Hoping to go naturally today/tmw to avoid the hassle of induction. But also ready in case that doesn't happen.
@MrsT116 I have always tried walking, ball bouncing, spicy food, sex, sidestepping stairs etc... none of that has ever worked for me, so can't really recommend any of it. My kids just like to be late ](*,)

So exciting Bloblo!!! Best of luck for Wednesday, but fingers crossed you start naturally before then!

Haha yes I'm the same, they just get way too comfy in there I think and don't want to come out :haha:
I have been taking raspberry leaf tea capsules since 34 weeks (I know it doesn't induce labour but meant to tone uterus and make contractions more efficient) and I've seen bits on here about evening primrose oil from 37 weeks which I might look into.

Wow so I have baby brain. My appointment is for Thursday not for today. That’s annoying. Anything I’ve been have some small contractions the last few days so baby could decide to come early.

Just had my final ob appointment (so happy, I really hate going to the doctors and just sitting around waiting). From now on, all care will be at the hospital (with whichever midwife or ob is on duty as I arrive) and it will be because Im actually in labour (or being induced), not just for some random (and in my mind unnecessary) checkups. Anyway... today's NST was normal, baby is doing good. Cervix is soft and starting to dilate. I also ahd a bit of bloody show even before my appointment. In the past hour I've also had about 4 or 5 contractions. So I think it's getting close for me.
Going for a nap now before the toddlers get home (its 3pm now), just in case I don't get to sleep tonight.

Ah so exciting to have more babies getting ready to come! I only tried to induce labour with my oldest - but we tried this foot rub that’s supposed to stimulate certain pressure points? I dunno, my water broke the next morning so maybe it did something :haha:

We’re doing well over here - Charlotte is almost a month old already!! She’s growing out of all her newborn clothes which is so sad :( She’s settling in so well though, I’m excited to get smiles soon. Pic of her outfit this morning before she projectile vomited all over it :rofl:

FFDFB6C6-3CB6-4BFE-82A4-7DC02EC62567.jpeg

Ah so exciting to have more babies getting ready to come! I only tried to induce labour with my oldest - but we tried this foot rub that’s supposed to stimulate certain pressure points? I dunno, my water broke the next morning so maybe it did something :haha:

We’re doing well over here - Charlotte is almost a month old already!! She’s growing out of all her newborn clothes which is so sad :( She’s settling in so well though, I’m excited to get smiles soon. Pic of her outfit this morning before she projectile vomited all over it :rofl:

View attachment 1109000
Now THIS IS THE CUTEST pic I've seen today! Will stare at it a bit, hopefully it gets the oxytocin flowing for labour :D Glad to hear that she is doing well <3

Good luck ladies I’m sure your babies will be here soon , cannot wait to see pictures !!

@YoshiPikachu sorry your having a rough time lately ! Hopefully things will turn a corner once bubs is here ! .

@Sander ohh Charlotte Is so adorable ! Don’t you just love the projectile vomiting !

DH has gone back to work now so it’s figuring out a routine for when DDs go back to school ! Currently off on holidays .

Joshua has settled down a lot since switching formula and having Gaviscon to help with reflux , he hates his Moses basket and won’t settle in it of a night , going to let him nap in it of a day . See if that helps get him used to it more !

275B66B0-93E7-4D55-A188-9140E3FB74DD.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->