May & June 2022 Munchkins

Oh gosh feeling bad for you ladies with nausea!!

Headaches anyone ? I’ve had the worst one since yesterday afternoon ! Our bodies must be going crazy at the minute !

I am having a crazy headache today too. Wondering if it's caffeine withdrawal as i normally drink way too much coffee and have now switched to decaf. I have a feeling that my thyroid is off too as I've had a lot of random shivers...

Sammy - Ya, kinda makes sense to wait wait those 3 days. Why does your Dr want you to have another scan though?

Bloblo - Added! :) And glad to see your number comfortably in the 4 week range.

Sammy and Bloblo - Sorry for your previous losses. With my 2nd pregnancy, we saw a HB at around 7 weeks, but then the baby stopped growing at 8w5d. So, I know that feeling. :/

Babybump - Glad to hear the bleeding as slowed.

Sorry to all you ladies dealing with nausea. FX that it goes away very soon.

Re: headaches. I've had a few mild ones recently, but nothing too painful. Rarely ever get them though.

Thanks everyone. It's always nice to see that the baby is growing well.

So, is anyone here gonna be staying Team Green? Or are you planning to find out the gender ASAP?

Regarding gender: We have 2 girls, so dh is hoping for a boy and I change my mind every day... sometimes I hope for a girl because my girls are sooooo awesome (and girls can play with anything and wear anything where boys are more limited - especially here in Poland it is frowned upon to get your boy a dollhouse or dress him in pink, but it is perfectly acceptable for girls to wear blue and play with excavators and tools). But some days I want a boy just to see what it's like- before having kids I always saw myself as a boy mom.
Anyways... will for sure find out gender as soon as possible, I hate not knowing... and if it's a girl we will need months to find a good name that works in both cultures (Dh is Polish and I am South African). We used up all our good girl names already :haha:

I have been having random headaches as well not horrible though. I haven't had much nausea either thankfully. We plan to find out gender as soon as we can and I'll probably book a scan in November. I received a call from my midwifes office to reschedule my first midwife appt. It was supposed to be this coming Wednesday. They told me she cant make the appt and since she is retiring they put me with a midwife I have never heard of. They also could not get me an appointment until November 3rd. It's a little frustrating. My husband said we may book a private scan before we do a gender one just to make sure baby is ok since I won't be seen for so long.

We are going to find out the gender . We wait until DD1 was born to find out, but now I just can’t help myself haha

We already have 2 girls and 1 boy . I am just waiting for all the annoying comments](*,):haha:.

Hopefully the headaches will ease for us !

We have also used up all our good names too ! I may have one for a girl now I think about it but wow boys name will be hard !

Crazy - That’s a long wait, I would want a scan first too :wacko:

I had headaches with all my boys but none so far with this baby. It’s not usually an early pregnancy thing for me so I’m sure they’re coming in the next few weeks :haha:

Maybe you ladies can help me because I’m in a HUGE debate re:gender. We tried to time things for a girl and that’s what we’re hoping for - I don’t really want to find out in front of an ultrasound tech (dumb I know lol) because I’m afraid if I’m sad it’ll come through and I’d be embarrassed. Also it’s a long way to wait and build things up in my head :haha:

With my 3rd we found out via Sneakpeek which really helped me prepare for another boy and I found my disappointment was way less. However - when I did the test I didn’t 100% trust it because you can contaminate it etc etc. So this time I thought I’d pay for the clinical version (the phlebotomist takes the sample so you can’t mess it up), but I’ve heard of quite a few that still got incorrect results - especially people who have already given birth to boys.

I don’t want to spend almost $200 to get a result I’m not sure about. Like if it’s a boy result I won’t be sure because I’ve had a bunch of boys. And if it’s a girl I’ll be afraid I did it too early (and be super disappointed if it ends up being a boy after I thought girl).

It’s a huge debate because I’m afraid to find out either way. I also don’t want to like look away when the tech is doing it and have them write it down cause I like to see it with my own eyes :rofl: What would you guys do?

Crazy - That’s a long wait, I would want a scan first too :wacko:

I had headaches with all my boys but none so far with this baby. It’s not usually an early pregnancy thing for me so I’m sure they’re coming in the next few weeks :haha:

Maybe you ladies can help me because I’m in a HUGE debate re:gender. We tried to time things for a girl and that’s what we’re hoping for - I don’t really want to find out in front of an ultrasound tech (dumb I know lol) because I’m afraid if I’m sad it’ll come through and I’d be embarrassed. Also it’s a long way to wait and build things up in my head :haha:

With my 3rd we found out via Sneakpeek which really helped me prepare for another boy and I found my disappointment was way less. However - when I did the test I didn’t 100% trust it because you can contaminate it etc etc. So this time I thought I’d pay for the clinical version (the phlebotomist takes the sample so you can’t mess it up), but I’ve heard of quite a few that still got incorrect results - especially people who have already given birth to boys.

I don’t want to spend almost $200 to get a result I’m not sure about. Like if it’s a boy result I won’t be sure because I’ve had a bunch of boys. And if it’s a girl I’ll be afraid I did it too early (and be super disappointed if it ends up being a boy after I thought girl).

It’s a huge debate because I’m afraid to find out either way. I also don’t want to like look away when the tech is doing it and have them write it down cause I like to see it with my own eyes :rofl: What would you guys do?

What about the dna test? I feel like that is the best option if you want to find out without a tech present. We did panorama with dd2 (prelim rests showed high risk for downs, but panorama luckily ruled it out). That was how we found out she was a girl.

What about the dna test? I feel like that is the best option if you want to find out without a tech present. We did panorama with dd2 (prelim rests showed high risk for downs, but panorama luckily ruled it out). That was how we found out she was a girl.

I’d really like to do that but I’m not eligible for it to be covered and it’s $550 out of pocket :wacko:

@Sander
My 10 year old and 8 year old were Feb and Jan
Babies and it was lovely.
So hoping if we are blessed again it will be a late autumn or winter due date.
But if it ends up being summer again I will still be happy becuase I will just feel blessed to be pregnant again esp at my age and obviously by the time I'm ready to start ttc again I will be older still.
Will definitely start ttc when I'm close to turning 43 and when I am 43. I turn 43 on 17th December 2022. Don't want to really leave it any longer than that. Harley will be over a year old by then too and Tommy will be 3 so I think that's the best time. Or Mite start trying in early spring but ideally I want to leave it as long as possible.
But I just worry about leaving it too late.

@Sander i would either have the ultrasound tech write down the sex and put it in an envelope to open at home… or not find out before birth. I think when you meet your baby you truly won’t care whether it’s a boy or a girl, so maybe just not finding out might be an option!
Congratulations everyone!!

Sammy - Ya, kinda makes sense to wait wait those 3 days. Why does your Dr want you to have another scan though?

Bloblo - Added! :) And glad to see your number comfortably in the 4 week range.

Sammy and Bloblo - Sorry for your previous losses. With my 2nd pregnancy, we saw a HB at around 7 weeks, but then the baby stopped growing at 8w5d. So, I know that feeling. :/

Babybump - Glad to hear the bleeding as slowed.

Sorry to all you ladies dealing with nausea. FX that it goes away very soon.

Re: headaches. I've had a few mild ones recently, but nothing too painful. Rarely ever get them though.

Thanks everyone. It's always nice to see that the baby is growing well.

So, is anyone here gonna be staying Team Green? Or are you planning to find out the gender ASAP?
Since they did not see the fetal pole at my last ultrasound they still need to see baby and heartbeat to confirm viability.
Sorry for your loss as well. <3

We are finding out gender ASAP. Both want a girl but would be happy either way.

@Sander i would either have the ultrasound tech write down the sex and put it in an envelope to open at home… or not find out before birth. I think when you meet your baby you truly won’t care whether it’s a boy or a girl, so maybe just not finding out might be an option!
I agree with you . Such a hard choice to make !

:brat:This pregnancy has got my anxiety through the roof. The bleeding slowed down yesterday but today it’s back . 4th day straight bleeding .

I did have IB with DS but it wasn’t at all like this and was around the time AF was due, before I got my BFP .

:brat:This pregnancy has got my anxiety through the roof. The bleeding slowed down yesterday but today it’s back . 4th day straight bleeding .

I did have IB with DS but it wasn’t at all like this and was around the time AF was due, before I got my BFP .
I’m so sorry. I hope everything is okay. I started getting strong cramps today hoping it isn’t anything bad.

I’m so sorry. I hope everything is okay. I started getting strong cramps today hoping it isn’t anything bad.
Thanks , just finding it incredibly frustrating / scary !

I hope your cramps are nothing too unsettling and they settle down xx

Oh man I would do team green if I could but I’m not cut out for that :rofl:

I think we’re going to go ahead and do the sneakpeek. I’ve found it helps me to bond with the boys when I have lots of time to pick out their names, buy a few outfits etc. I didn’t have bad GD with my 3rd because I found out so early so I think it would be best for me to find out sooner. Either way I’ll be fine, I love my boys and I have tons of boy clothes I can reuse if it’s a fourth boy lol.

I made a virtual appointment with that Telus My Health app? I’ve never used it before but I didn’t want to arrange someone to watch the kids just so I can get a requisition form. They’re going to call me Tuesday morning, I’d like to book a scan in maybe Thursday/Friday if they can get me in. Then maybe I’ll do the bloodwork next Monday.

Sorry the bleeding is back Babybump :( is it still red? I had so much bleeding with my first it was awful.

Last couple days I've had an upset stomach. I don't Ralph or anything. I'm forcing myself to eat. I'm downing Vernors and it gets my stomach to settle down but it comes back as fast as it went away. Also I saw this thing online where you can make yourself puke by tapping your tongue on the roof of your mouth with a mouthful of sir ..idk why but I tried it and now whenever I get queasy, I do it and bam make some puke and I'm like why did I do that? It's so cool but no stop it I'm weird.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->