May/June IVF Buddies Please!!

hmommy219

Reaction score
Hi Ladies,

Well, I was hoping to begin our first IVF cycle this month, but my blood work just came back and it turns out I needed the chickenpox vaccine (seriously??? of all the things lol... :wacko: ) So... I'm now supposed to call the FS on cd1 in May since I have to wait one cycle after receiving a vaccine. Ugh..

I would really love (aka NEED) some buddies who might be starting an IVF cycle next month or June so that we can compare notes, freak out together, laugh, cry, etc,.

Hopefully we can get a good thread going to check in with each other for support. :hugs:

Hi there! I would love to join you! I'm supposed to be having my final ivf appt on the first day of my 3rd cycle-I've had all the testing and last week just had the hysterscopy but since they had me on bcp, I am supposed to do nothing this cycle when Af comes to get the bcp out of my system, then next cycle get day 2/3 blood work, then call cd 1 of next cycle to schedule finally ivf. So my guess is this won't be happening until June. I have a low ovarian reserve and endo. We were going to have a lap to get the endo removed but then when my results came Bach for low amh, re suggested we go straight to ivf. Kind of a huge game changer bc we've never done anything fertility meds or IUi or anything. But here we are, and I'm dying waiting!! My only update will be on the results of my hysterscopy either this week or next. I can only imagine how bummed you must be about your delay in the process. Hopefully we can go through this together though!!

Yey! Hi Stacergirl! Wow.. like you, we are also jumping straight into IVF without having done any IUIs or meds. Personally, I am happy to skip the IUI thing as I see it as too much of a long shot. I'm supposed to call my FS to begin our cycle on cd 1 in May so it's really funny to me that for the first time in 14 months, I'm actually praying for AF to hurry up and show up! :laugh2:

Well, I'll keep my fingers crossed for you that you hear some good results this week!

Hi ladies! I will be doing a FET in May, can I join you? I've done two previous ivf cycles, the first was negative, the last ended in a freak double ectopic and I had to get surgery. :(

Hi lucie! So sorry for your loss! That's hot to be hard! I'd def love to have you join though! Your experience will definitely be beneficial, and we're also looking to freeze eggs due to my low amh.

Hmommy- I def want my Af to come soon too! The sooner it comes, the sooner cycle 3 cd1 will be here. Plus I know I'm not pregnant bc been on birth control due to the hysterscopy. When are you expecting Af to get here? What cd are you on now?

Wishing us all lots of luck on our journeys!!

Lucie.. so happy to have you join. I'm so sorry to hear about your failed cycles, but maybe third time will be the lucky one for you!! :hugs:

Stacergirl.. I'm currently on cd16 and have to wait for AF then AF again in May, so technically, I've got two more shots at a natural BFP before IVF.. however I KNOW it won't happen in a million years, so I'm just wanting time to rush by!!

I'm anticipating (if everything is on usual schedule) having my day 3 ultrasound the week of May 13th. How about you ladies?

:flower:

Oh, wait, I just saw Lucie is having her FET on the 16th.. exciting!!! :happydance:

May 13 and may 16 is super exciting!! I wish I was as close as you gals are. I'm thinking my final ivf won't be until the end of may, then I have no idea how long after that until they start the ivf. Do your clinics have a final ivf before you get started? If so what was your process after that? I think the final ivf appt is where they will give me timelines and meds and discuss financing etc? Idk, I'm hoping it's not too long after that I begin the process!

May 13 and may 16 is super exciting!! I wish I was as close as you gals are. I'm thinking my final ivf won't be until the end of may, then I have no idea how long after that until they start the ivf. Do your clinics have a final ivf before you get started? If so what was your process after that? I think the final ivf appt is where they will give me timelines and meds and discuss financing etc? Idk, I'm hoping it's not too long after that I begin the process!

Well, my DH and I have been working with this FS for a few months so my feeling is (and I hope I'm right) that when I call in on CD1, they'll have us in for paperwork, payments, ultrasound that week, then it's game on with timeline, bcp and all the meds. The IVF nurse has already contacted me as a reminder to call her the moment AF shows up, so I'm hopeful that it'll be full steam ahead that week.

Have you looked into finding cheaper meds anywhere? That's the part I'm most dreading... forking out thousands for medication. :wacko:

Ok so sounds like you're exactly one month ahead of me. I'm actually in Orlando too... Would be interesting if we went to the same fs.?!

I haven't looked around for meds yet, have no idea what u need. Do you know what you need? It's definitely going to be expensive, not excited about that. Are you doing any financing or plans that give you refunds for failures? I really wanted to look into that for peace of mind and at least something to be positive if the first ivf fails.

:hi: Hiya can I join too?

Im just waiting for my FS appointment on April 30th. Im all set up for starting on the egg share IVF programme but need to have a counselling appointment before I start as I'll be giving half my eggs away. So hopefully I'll be starting treatment at the end of May/June time. It will be good to chat with others that are cycling at the same time as me :)

Im on cd51 atm and waiting for something lol either af or a bfp (most likely af whenever she decides to make an appearence)

Hope ur all doing ok? xx

Hello Ladies, Care for a new member?

I just started my first IVF journey. Currently on cd5 and day 2 of BCP. Next appointment is April 20. Looking forward to sharing the journey with all of you.

:hi: Hiya can I join too?

Im just waiting for my FS appointment on April 30th. Im all set up for starting on the egg share IVF programme but need to have a counselling appointment before I start as I'll be giving half my eggs away. So hopefully I'll be starting treatment at the end of May/June time. It will be good to chat with others that are cycling at the same time as me :)

Im on cd51 atm and waiting for something lol either af or a bfp (most likely af whenever she decides to make an appearence)

Hope ur all doing ok? xx

Awesome! Welcome to the group! :happydance: I'm thinking that you'll be cycling just a couple of weeks ahead of me, so we'll def. have to compare notes! cd51? Jeez... that's quite a wait you have! I hope its a BFP! I don't know much about egg sharing..? I'm just hoping (selfishly) to get enough myself so that I can freeze a couple for a later time as I'd love two kiddos. :laugh2:

Sekky- welcome! So exciting to hear you're already started!! Did they put you on a certain brand of BCP or was it one you had previously used? I have a few unopened packs that I'm wondering if I can just use when it's time to save a few bucks. :)

Welcome ladies! Wishing you the best of luck!!
Plex-so nice of you to share your eggs!! I for one with low amh think that's amazing of you!! Like hmommy, i too am hoping I get enough for myself! Cd51? Geez so sorry for you! Unless its of course a BFP!

Sekky-how many days of bcp are scheduled to be on? Is this for the down regging to get to baseline so the follicles start at the same pace? What happens at your April 20th appt?

Ok so sounds like you're exactly one month ahead of me. I'm actually in Orlando too... Would be interesting if we went to the same fs.?!

I haven't looked around for meds yet, have no idea what u need. Do you know what you need? It's definitely going to be expensive, not excited about that. Are you doing any financing or plans that give you refunds for failures? I really wanted to look into that for peace of mind and at least something to be positive if the first ivf fails.

Orlando?? Funny!! I'm using a clinic in Winter Park. They have a special program where you pay 10 grand and can have as many IVF cycles as needed until you bring home a baby. The only thing you pay for each time is the meds/lab fees which can run you between 5-7 grand according to what I've been told my the IVF nurse. We're not financing anything yet as my FABULOUS mother-in-law is paying for the first run through. Lord.. I hope we get lucky the first time because if not, we'll be digging deep into our pockets for this. :wacko:

Where are you having your IVF done? Apparently there's a fertility pharmacy in Winter Park..??

Orlando?? Funny!! I'm using a clinic in Winter Park. They have a special program where you pay 10 grand and can have as many IVF cycles as needed until you bring home a baby. The only thing you pay for each time is the meds/lab fees which can run you between 5-7 grand according to what I've been told my the IVF nurse. We're not financing anything yet as my FABULOUS mother-in-law is paying for the first run through. Lord.. I hope we get lucky the first time because if not, we'll be digging deep into our pockets for this. :wacko:

Where are you having your IVF done? Apparently there's a fertility pharmacy in Winter Park..??

You must be going to fertility care? I havent heard anything about them but ive heard of dr trolices name through the grapevine but no details. I'm going to crm. I really like them so far, but it was selected by my insurance company. Have you heard anything about crm? Theyre so busy so i assume thats good! Does your practice require a hysterscopy and endometrium biopsy prior to ivf? Mine did which I definitely think is good.

The all in one ivf plan sounds awesome! Mine is definitely not the case. We will be paying out of pocket for them all, that is why I'm hoping for the program that reimburses you if it's not successful. So, there's a fertility pharmacy in winter park? That's really good to know! Thanks.

Thank you ladies.

Hmommy219 - I have never used a BCP. This is my very first time and its a brand called Duofem

Stacegirl - I will be using it for 21 days max unless otherwise told at my April 20th appointment. the bcp is down regging as am PCOS. The appointment is actually my cd21 which i believe is to check my ovaries response to the BCP

Hope you are all doing great

:wave: Hi to the new ladies! I hope everyone is well!

As for me, I'm still waiting on AF to show! CD 36 and nothing! Before my surgery I had 31-32 day cycles. I was worried everything would get all screwy after my surgery. I know I'm not pregnant because we were told to use protection until April due to the methotrexate I was given. If she hasn't arrived by Monday, I will call my dr and see what he says.

:wave: Hi to the new ladies! I hope everyone is well!

As for me, I'm still waiting on AF to show! CD 36 and nothing! Before my surgery I had 31-32 day cycles. I was worried everything would get all screwy after my surgery. I know I'm not pregnant because we were told to use protection until April due to the methotrexate I was given. If she hasn't arrived by Monday, I will call my dr and see what he says.

Hi Lucie - good to see you here. Hoping AF shows soon so you can get started.

Hello everyone

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->