May mummies 2009 - a place to keep in touch

yeah i wind scarlett breifly but if i keep her up for too long she would wake up, she kinda falls asleep on the boob..
My lo sill waking twice a night and feeding but she is 13lb 4 and a big baby now (she was only 7lb 14 1/2 born so guess she she a hungry one!! I asked HV and she said the same that its not good for her to sleep through the night at this age so im thinking ill crack her sleeping through the night later on, Im just glad we in a good routine as zac was so clingy he was terrible and going off when he got to about 6 months so im hoping scarlett will be chilled about it :)
ahh will someone remove the strawberry jaffas from my house im trying to diet :) LOL

We been putting Archie down bout 9pm and past 2 nights hes slept through til 5am but he drinks for england during the day, having between 120ml and 150ml every 2-3hrs so am not too worried.

if hes happy and sleeping through the night then uve cracked it hun :) whoop lol

He only done it 2 nights in row so far so im not taking anything for granted yet lol

But fingers crossed ey

I'm not even aware of how long Dexter stays awake for at night. It's really not long though. He wakes up, gets boob and we both fall asleep again :lol:

Thats the beauty of co-sleeping and breastfeeding - zero effort :rofl:

do you not have to wind him though? ive dragged the cot right up to my bed so i can feed him and put him straight back, but if i dont wind him he's up few hours later rather than sleeping through till morning.

I don't always wind him. I started off not winding him at all but I found he does get gassy sometimes. I can tell if he needs winded cause he gets all fussy on the boob, and pretty much the second I sit him up he lets out a huge burp :lol: During the night I'll only wind him if he's fussy, but he usually isn't, and only wakes up once or sometimes twice a night. (Twice recently cause he's been going to bed at 9 rather than 11 so he wakes about 12:30-ish, then his usual 4:30ish)

I didnt wind unless needed aswell, he would be stiff and fussy like Monkeh said.

Monkeh, sounds like the routine Alex got into at a month old, went to bed at 9 and woke up twice at similar times.

We had a good night last!! Jake went to bed at 7.00 woke at 11.00 for a feed then slept till 5.30 when he woke up for a poop :haha: I don't even think he was hungry coz he only drank a couple of oz then slept till 9.00am!! All week he has stretched longer and longer on the night time feed :happydance: Not be long till its scrapped i reckon :) xx

I didn't wind much when BF with Isobel. Only when she fusses!

Snetty that was good.. Isobel did wake at 5am two nights ago, but then the last two nights getting up at 3/4am again. One night was written off due to injections and last night... I dunno..

Just thought I'd share, Sainsburys TU baby clothes have started their sale, I picked up 4 tops for £5. And the Next sale starts tomorrow at 5am... I am going to brave it but not at 5am!

:happydance:Jacob slept through :happydance:

Bed by 7pm, dream feed at 12 then he didn't wake up till 7am!!!!!

I feel like giving him a blue peter badge or something, or at least a merit award lol I looked at the clock, then beamed at him and he responded with a big gummy smile and very loud squeely laugh. He knows he's been a good boy, i can just tell lol

What everyones plans for this weekend? Duvet day for us i think, this weather is shocking!! xx

Ohhhh duvet day sounds good.

I got me mum over from ireland this afternoon so looking forward to her seeing Archie again

Thats great classy. Hope you have a fab day.

Quick question- do any of you still have that weird brown line running down your belly. Mine hasn't even faded a little bit. Its still well dark! xx

I didn't get the brown line. I do still have a slightly hairy belly though :blush: Hoping that clears soon!

We're off to the highland games today. It's dull weather-wise, but as long as it doesn't rain it should be fine!

Last night I gave the wee man a bottle before bed. He had been screaming earlier in the day and totally drained the boobs and was still really hungry, so he took a couple of oz of formula (I felt soooo bad giving him it but he guzzled it down and was so content afterwards) There was still a few oz left in the bottle so I figured since he'd already had some yesterday I'd give him the rest at bedtime and that would limit the formula to one day. As a result he only woke once briefly and has just woken up fully, at about 10:15 or so. :shock:

Back to just bf today, but he does look alot happier this morning, and looks less tired. Ah, the predicament!

ETA: He only took about 2oz during the day and about 2.5oz at bedtime, but it seemed to have a huge effect!

Yes netty i still have the dark brown line, the puffed out belly and the hairy belly :(

Monkeh, thats the dilema we had, Alex was never content in the evenings which is why id introduced the one a day bottle

Isobel always had a bottle at bed time and she always looked so drunk and happy afterwards. I'd always top up in evening if she completely drained me during the cluster feeding time. Thats mainly why I switched... and I'm less tired.

I got a hairy belly, according to my mum it will go (she's a midwife)

A week on FF and routines are still all over the place :dohh:
Partly thanks to the OH who will let Alex sleep on him/on his back somewhere where he wakes up after 30 mins/or OH waking him for a nappy change and as a result Alex wants to sleep again for hours which puts everything out for the rest of the day!

Took us a while to settle down in FF but we still don't have times that she eats, more on demand. How much is Alex taking per feeding? Isobel only takes 5oz each feed.

6ozs but ive just upped it to 7, he was draining the 6ozs bottles

Im stll feeding Archie on demand, hes at a point were he is sometimes draining the 4oz bottles and sometimes not, so i just have to keep mking 5oz now which can seem abit wasteful

I know what you mean about wasteful. Jake drains a 6oz bottle most feeds but sometimes leaves the odd oz or half oz so i don't wanna make 7 oz bottles quite yet. i was making 6 oz bottles for weeks before he drank the lot!!

I am more hairy now than i was while preggo. When pregnant my moles (eewwww) were less hairy, and my legs and brads (pitt), and arms and everything needed less 'grooming'. now i'm like chewbacca :rofl: xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->