May mummies 2009 - a place to keep in touch

Hi all,
Anyone using a sling? If so, what kind? I have two: a 'ring sling' type where they lay in front of your chest and a Tomy baby carrier where they are upright against the chest. The upright one she seems too small for and her face is squashed into my chest. The ring sling feels good and she lays in the fetus position but she seems to get agitated in there on occasions. Should I just persevere with it and hope she gets to like it or just assume that she isn't a sling loving baby...which will be a shame because I really want to 'wear' her :)

I have a babasling, but I don't get along with it that well. It's ok for short periods of time, but it just looks so uncomfy. I also have a moby wrap, which I love :D

There's a thread in the natural parenting section called 'baby wearers!' which you might find interesting :)

I have an upright kinda sling for jake. I use it to do the school run. He does seem squashed to my chest but he appears to like it. Also being upright and the jiggling from my walking really gets his wind up. He's not always happy to go in there tho as i think he gets a bit hot xx

i was given a sling but just couldnt get the hang of it.
i brought a 4 way baby carrier in the mothercare sale, it even has a position for bfeeding

I tried the babasling but it didnt work for me, i use a baby bjorn carrier now and have a mei tai for when Alex is older.

I also have the Baby Bjorn one, the active version as it gives extra support for my back problem.

Thanks for all the info. I tried on the upright one again today and I think it is better since she has grown a bit. I reckon that the ring sling will be fine for round the house and short walks but the upright one feels a lot more secure for longer trips, out shopping etc. Only problem is I can't breastfeed in the upright one and it is a little bulky with loads of clips and stuff and probably a bit stuffy in the warm weather. I love the look of the moby wrap but not sure I can justify spending more money as I already have two slings! lol. Oh OK, someone convince me...can you breast feed in it? Is it OK for a baby that can't fully support it's head? Does it feel secure? Maybe I'll see if there are any second hand ones on Ebay ;)

I could breastfeed in the bjorn :D I just adjusted the straps and lowered him down.

Awww Snetty, i just saw your new video on facebook, its gorg!!!!

Awww Snetty, i just saw your new video on facebook, its gorg!!!!

Thanx hunny, today is the first time he has proper laugh laughed, i've only had giggles up until today. I'm so lucky to have caught in on video. I seen your one of Archie giggling too, soooooo funny and cute xx

Thanks hun, Archie seems to be doing sommit new every day now :)

Same with Jake, he has just discovered his hands and he inspects them with such amazement, its great to watch. He's also really interested in faces and noises, he seems to interact really well. I think i've got another chatterbox tbh, he is always cooing and making noises when i talk to him.

I have a problem with tummy time tho, he hates it!! he just pushes his face into his mat and whinges. If i put him on my chest and lie flat, he lifts hiself, can this count as tummy time or does he need to manage on the floor. He can roll onto his left side from his back so i think he's strong enough but i was just wondering if tummy time is mega important xx

I havnt done any tummy time with archie yet, he just screams himself red in the face!

Snetty - yes it does count

Isobel found her hands a week a go and now will grab my finger if I hold it out to her. Takes time and has her thinking face on!!!

Hi all, just rediscovered this thread. can't believe how quickly all the May babas are growing up!

I have a kari-me sling which is ace. Patrick is in it right now in the cuddly position. He loves the upright position too as he can see everything thats going on.

I keep forgetting to check this thread :dohh:

I agree MrsTatty - it's hard to believe all the May babies are growing so quickly!

We had our first lot of injections this afternoon and Euan was weighed again - 12lbs 3oz :o Think I've got myself a little chunky monkey :rofl: The injections didn't go too bad, he was more upset about the fact he'd missed a nap so was howling before we'd even gone into the doctors'!!! His crying then set off the other baby in the waiting room - don't think we were very popular!!!!

Isabella had to get 4 shots yesterday too... so sad! :(

We're doing great though. She weighed in at 10lb 6oz this week.. Yay booby juice! And she's turning into quite the little talker. It's adorable!

I'm so not looking forward to the jabs :( Dexter's got his next Wednesday, and I'm considering getting my Mum to take him in so he doesn't hate me :rofl:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->