May mummies 2009 - a place to keep in touch

oh no, i was mega hairy through pregnancy, my head hair is now longer than its ever been just because of the speed it grew through pregnancy.

im quite happy today because 2 ppl have told me my belly looks flatter today, its nowhere near back to what it was but it must be getting there.

On another note, ive just put archie down at 9pm, so wonder how much kip he will get tonight?

My legs are very hairy very quickly!

First overnight stay at grannies tomorrow, OH doesnt know :lol:
Im nervous, mostly because i know granny isnt very good to sticking to things that you tell her to do!

Jacob's grandma is the same, she did F all i 'advised' her to do when he stayed there last weekend and he gave her hell all night. Serves her right coz he sleeps great for us. It amazes me how other people think they know better than the mother of the child, silly buggers xx

:lol:

The biggest thing that worries me is the sleeping. With my neice, she gets in the bed with them and always has done. I dont want him in the bed too (not sure there would even be enough room!) Im supplying the travel cot so i hope she uses it.

Came upstairs tonight to bath Archie and look were he was chilling out!!
https://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y136/classyburduk/6374_226516555130_595735130_7838747.jpg
lol awww

Also he loves his new dressing gown
https://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y136/classyburduk/6374_226516800130_595735130_7838751.jpg

sorry just had to share

I've yet let anyone take Isobel for more than few hours...

Lovely piccies classy.

I am so tired for the last two days and nights Isobel has been waking every three hours for feeding... I am assuming this is a growth spurt. Normal she only wakes at 3am... now I got 130am and 430am!

Archie went bed at 9pm, then was up 3-4am, 6-6:30am thn up for good at 8am :(

am sleepy lol

Our night wasn't as successful as friday night either. Bed for 7pm , dream feed 11.30pm, up for feed at 3.30 then slept till 8.30am. Not too bad, but not a patch on his 7.5 hour stretch on friday.

I wasn't expecting him to sleep through again to be honest, but it would have been nice lol

Lovely pics classy, i love the dressing gown xx

Dexter did his usual down at 9pm, feed at 2:30, but then he slept til 5:30 rather than 4:30 :wohoo: Up for good at 8ish :)

are u still doing a bottle at night monkeh hun? Think Scarlett loves the boob too much to give it up! Although been expresing so she will take it if me and OH go out..
Feeling great though nw so although she does wake in the night i dont feel buggered up the next day and she is up at 8 so its not too late or early for us either..
so did u guys brave next yesteray?? :)

I didn't. I hate them sales, there like a bull bait lol I did send my step mam tho and asked her to get some clothes for the kids and i'll give her the money. xx

No I really grudge giving him a bottle, so I'm not doing it as routine. He'll get one if he really needs it, but he loves boob too much :D

Yesterday we were at the highland games, and there was NOWHERE to sit and bf, and he was starving. He got the backup bottle, but wouldn't take it, so I had to go a big wander and find a tree to sit under and lean on til he got the boob :dohh: :rofl:

He definitely knows the difference and he knows which one he wants!! :lol:

Not a bad thing Monkeh :D Alex just like his food, he didnt care where it came from :rofl:

you guys still chat as much as you used to in 3rd tri. dont look here for few days and theres pages and pages to read!

No I really grudge giving him a bottle, so I'm not doing it as routine. He'll get one if he really needs it, but he loves boob too much :D

Yesterday we were at the highland games, and there was NOWHERE to sit and bf, and he was starving. He got the backup bottle, but wouldn't take it, so I had to go a big wander and find a tree to sit under and lean on til he got the boob :dohh: :rofl:

He definitely knows the difference and he knows which one he wants!! :lol:

we have the same, no matter how hard i try he wont take a bottle of EBM of me. he'll only take it off OH if im not there and after at least 1/2 hr of fussing. friday's gonna be fun as ive expressed loads in the hope of feeding him from a bottle that day, im gonna have to hide in toilets so OH can feed him!

this week is gonna be excitable for us. gonna get him weighed again tomorrow. then gonna go stay at grandmas on weds night. then friday mummy and daddy get married :happydance: got his little outfit ready (trousers and shirt combo) but keep looking in shops for other stuff, cant help myself! bit worried about fri morning hairdressers apt. as grandma has offered to take him instead of me taking him with, shes been telling me what to do with thomas then telling my dad she doesnt interfier :wacko:
then monday after were all off to caravan in wales (with aunty tia and partner so we can have night out alone- will be first time left him with anyone other than OH). got thomas a pair of swimming trunks off ebay. although not sure if they are instead of nappy or go over nappy :wacko: (seem bit small for that) got pair in size 3-6 also just incase.

What exactly is dream-feeding?

Its where you just pick up the baby and give him a bottle in his sleep before you go to bed. Jake always wakes up when i dream feed him coz i also change his nappy but he goes straight back off to sleep. Just means i get Jake down in bed at about 7 instead of really late without worrying about him getting up as soon as i shut my eyes lol.

Charlieann- hope you have a wonderful wedding xx

What exactly is dream-feeding?

Oh I'm glad some else didn't know! Been meaning to ask for weeks but keep forgetting.

Just popping in to see how everyone is getting on. Forget to check the groups bit regularly :dohh:

Euan is sleeping pretty well these days, so much in fact, the other night I had to wake him for a feed at 2.30am. He'd fed at 6.30pm so it was 8 hours and I was paranoid to let him sleep any longer incase he got dehydrated :wacko: I probably should have let him sleep but once I woke up and realised what the time was I couldn't settle until he'd been fed!!

Have you all had your 6 week check with your GP? What happened? I'm really disappointed with mine.

Couldn't get my usual female GP so got one I hadn't been to before and quite frankly she was crap :growlmad: Asked me very quick questions about the birth, without really waiting for an answer. Didn't check my stitches, asked me if I was feeling ok and then went on to talk about contraception.

When I said I didn't really want to go back on the pill cos I'm rubbish at remembering to take it and what other options where there she basically said the coil - but I will have to go to one of the female GPs to discuss that because she doesn't do it! Then when she mentioned the implant or injection she basically dismissed these for me because 'obviously your weight is an issue'!!!! Now, ok I'm not miss skinny but I'm not that overweight, just over 13st (not quite lost all my pregnancy weight yet!) and a size 16 - normally a size 14. Then she asked if I exercised at all :dohh: Eh, hello - I have a small baby, when do I have time to go to the gym!! Grrr, stupid woman!!!!

Sorry kind of ranted on a bit there :dohh:

oh my word thats so hurtful!! uve just had a babba cheeky wench!!! I can recommend the mirena coil, i had one after my little boy and although i spotted a bit for the first couple of months they are so easy u forget u have one and i caught as soon as i had it removed so for me it didnt affect my fertility.
hmm how many of u dream feed? not really though of doing that...
awww getting married!!! how exciting!! I cant wait to marry my hunk of a welshman! Will i ever shift this belly though to fit into a wedding dress! My mum just went to belgium and brought me chocs- doh!!!
As for the next sale - i did it online and im so dead next week when everything comes!! LOL xxxx

Awww congrats on the wedding :)

As for dream feeding, Archie would probably just wake up as soon as i lifted him up out of his moses basket so dont think that is an option for me.

Just got Theo weighed and he's 11lb 13oz, he's put just over a lb on in 5 weeks. HV was expecting bit more of a weight gain, but she confirmed he was teething, which explains why he doesn't drink so much at times. I told her he was sleeping through the night, 9-7/8 and she didn't seem worried, in fact she said it was brill.
With him moving alot more, she said he's burning cals, she wants to check it again in 4 weeks xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->