May Mummies :)

I keep waking up at 5.30am every morning before my son :dohh:

Anyone else absolutely dreading labour/giving birth next month or am i just the wussy one here :laugh2:..Cant believe how quickly the years come around, I can remember finding out i was pregnant and at the blink of an eye its almost my due date :|

Hope all the may mums are alright :D

Hey ladies :) I was expecting to be a may mum as I was due may 13th,

but Jacob came early on april 3rd with some complications, but we are both healthy now and on our way to recovery :)

I am now an april mum! :haha:

Congrats on the birth of Jacob! Glad to hear things are going well now :)

I am actually looking forward to my labour/delivery this time around. I am not nervous in the slightest and very much excited to meet my princess.

Yeah I just can't wait to use all the lovely stuff we have now!!!

I feel amazing after that 3 hour nap!:haha:..I definitely needed it getting up at half 9 in the morning when im not used to seeing the light of day before 12pm usually lol!.

But, can a baby tell when your dreaming?..Was having quite a random dream about ghosts poking my bump :laugh2: and OH was telling me that Seb was going crazy, even though i couldn't feel it as i was pretty much dead to the world:wacko:

My acid is really bad thesedays!, i have it almost every day and I swear it gets more and more painful each time i have it!, and we haven't got milk in the house so im suffering through it unfortunately until OH or I can be bothered to go to the shop lol! :|

I feel amazing after that 3 hour nap!:haha:..I definitely needed it getting up at half 9 in the morning when im not used to seeing the light of day before 12pm usually lol!.

But, can a baby tell when your dreaming?..Was having quite a random dream about ghosts poking my bump :laugh2: and OH was telling me that Seb was going crazy, even though i couldn't feel it as i was pretty much dead to the world:wacko:

My acid is really bad thesedays!, i have it almost every day and I swear it gets more and more painful each time i have it!, and we haven't got milk in the house so im suffering through it unfortunately until OH or I can be bothered to go to the shop lol! :|

I'd guess it's the other way around.... your dream was affected by your bump being on the move... Stuff from around me while I'm sleeping always makes it's way into my dreams... like music and noises... :)

Here is a pic for yall :)

Attachments

• imagejpeg95204.jpg
    imagejpeg95204.jpg
    29.5 KB · Views: 3
We just got home 2 days ago after a week in the hospital xxx

:)

I am glad everything turned up great !! May I aske you what complications did u have ? But if u don't wanna talk about it I understand ;)

I am glad everything turned up great !! May I aske you what complications did u have ? But if u don't wanna talk about it I understand ;)

Sure! Well, one night I was having very bad pain in my upper back and the top of my bump. We called the hospital & the doctor on call there said it was not pregnancy related & that going to the hospital would be a waste of time. So I laid on a heating pad and dealt w/ it until I fell asleep. I had an appointment with my normal doctor the next morning, so I figured I would just ask her about it the next day.

When I went to my appointment the following morning I felt completely fine but when they routinely checked my blood pressure it was 173 over 120, which I guess is at a dangerous seizing level. My doctor also checked and saw that I was 2 centimeters dilated and 80 percent effaced. I was shocked since I was only at 34 weeks, it scared me A LOT. She also measured my uterus and said my growth had stopped from my last visit. My doctor told me to immediately drive to the hospital for an ultrasound and blood work.

When I got to the hospital, they admitted me right away to the birthing center, did blood work & did an ultrasound. The ultrasound determined that the baby's head was on the larger side and that he was under a significant amount of stress. My blood work determined that I had a sickness called HELLP syndrome. It is a very rare disease that basically means my liver & kidneys began rejecting my pregnancy, so they stopped creating the correct enzymes and made my body very sick. So it turned out that the pain I was feeling the night before was my liver shutting down.

Since my blood pressure was so high and the baby was under stress, I was rushed in for an emergency c-section about 40 minutes after arriving at the hospital. The c-section went very well, besides the spinal injection. When they injected my spine with the anesthetic, some of my spinal fluid leaked out.

Jacob was born very small, but he was screaming, crying, and breathing on his own. He had perfect blood work levels, and was a little jaundice, but nothing the doctors were too worried about. He had no complications and still has had none. :)

After my delivery, over the next 5 days I was given blood transfusions to make up for the lack of enzymes my liver and kidneys were producing because of the HELLP syndrome. I was dangerously low on the number of platelets I had, so my blood wouldn't clot. I also had a spinal headache from the fluid leaking out before the c-section. For my spinal headache, I had a blood patch transfusion as well to fill the pocket in my spine where the fluid had leaked out. The spinal headache was by far the most painful thing I have ever experienced in my life!

Now Jacob and I are both home. He's doing perfectly well :) I'm on a medication for my low iron levels and my blood pressure still being high. But I am getting better each day :)

So basically, I was sick and Jacob was just waiting to go home. He was actually discharged before I was :haha: They let him stay with me though.

It was a long week! But all worth it.

xxx

Sure! Well, one night I was having very bad pain in my upper back and the top of my bump. We called the hospital & the doctor on call there said it was not pregnancy related & that going to the hospital would be a waste of time. So I laid on a heating pad and dealt w/ it until I fell asleep. I had an appointment with my normal doctor the next morning, so I figured I would just ask her about it the next day.

When I went to my appointment the following morning I felt completely fine but when they routinely checked my blood pressure it was 173 over 120, which I guess is at a dangerous seizing level. My doctor also checked and saw that I was 2 centimeters dilated and 80 percent effaced. I was shocked since I was only at 34 weeks, it scared me A LOT. She also measured my uterus and said my growth had stopped from my last visit. My doctor told me to immediately drive to the hospital for an ultrasound and blood work.

When I got to the hospital, they admitted me right away to the birthing center, did blood work & did an ultrasound. The ultrasound determined that the baby's head was on the larger side and that he was under a significant amount of stress. My blood work determined that I had a sickness called HELLP syndrome. It is a very rare disease that basically means my liver & kidneys began rejecting my pregnancy, so they stopped creating the correct enzymes and made my body very sick. So it turned out that the pain I was feeling the night before was my liver shutting down.

Since my blood pressure was so high and the baby was under stress, I was rushed in for an emergency c-section about 40 minutes after arriving at the hospital. The c-section went very well, besides the spinal injection. When they injected my spine with the anesthetic, some of my spinal fluid leaked out.

Jacob was born very small, but he was screaming, crying, and breathing on his own. He had perfect blood work levels, and was a little jaundice, but nothing the doctors were too worried about. He had no complications and still has had none. :)

After my delivery, over the next 5 days I was given blood transfusions to make up for the lack of enzymes my liver and kidneys were producing because of the HELLP syndrome. I was dangerously low on the number of platelets I had, so my blood wouldn't clot. I also had a spinal headache from the fluid leaking out before the c-section. For my spinal headache, I had a blood patch transfusion as well to fill the pocket in my spine where the fluid had leaked out. The spinal headache was by far the most painful thing I have ever experienced in my life!

Now Jacob and I are both home. He's doing perfectly well :) I'm on a medication for my low iron levels and my blood pressure still being high. But I am getting better each day :)

So basically, I was sick and Jacob was just waiting to go home. He was actually discharged before I was :haha: They let him stay with me though.

It was a long week! But all worth it.

xxx[/QUO

Wow what a story ! I am glad u and your baby are fine and I am also glad u has an appointment the next day ! I guess u never know what can happen ... ! Thank you for sharing your story ! And again ... Your baby is just gorgeous :D !

Thank you xxx

Hope you are feeling great, not long now at all :)

Here is a pic for yall :)
He's absolutely adorable. Sorry you had a hard time, but so glad everything turned out well. I've been told to watch for pre eclampsia because I was starting to get warning signs of it. I'm in hospital tomorrow for another check up so hopefully they'll tell me my levels have returned to normal.

yikes! What a rough go Jay!

But Im so glad to hear that the little man is doing well, and that you are on the mend. He is one handsome little man! Congratulations!!

Thank you ladies xx I can already tell i'm gona have to fight the ladies off of him, went into the drs office for his first visit and they swarmed him lol :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->