May Mummy's 2012

Bet you got some right looks in the hospital then Sara if u look a lot younger lol!

My lo sleeps well both day and night I am actually really shocked at how good he is!
Im so glad though after having the emergency c section after already going through labour! Give me a vaginal birth over c section any day!

Has anyone tried swaddling for the night time sleep? I swaddle Taylor he seems to sleep really well that way.:flower:

Johnny is also starting to get fussy and loves sleeping on me and hates being put down atm.

LC - Hope your little boy settles, I'm sure it's all just an adjustment and he'll be back to himself soon! I can't imagine how much harder it is with another LO though. I don't know how everyone does it!

Oh and I'm Chloe, 22 from East Sussex :D xo

Bet you got some right looks in the hospital then Sara if u look a lot younger lol!

My lo sleeps well both day and night I am actually really shocked at how good he is!
Im so glad though after having the emergency c section after already going through labour! Give me a vaginal birth over c section any day!

Has anyone tried swaddling for the night time sleep? I swaddle Taylor he seems to sleep really well that way.:flower:

Oh I did but I was used to the looks after being with baby bump haha I even had one woman once ask me how I was going to cope with my exams....Was awful close to getting a sandwich board with "I'm 21 not 15!" on it :haha:

Also very jealous of your sleeping baby :(

I'm so jealous of your sleeping baby as well! Logan does sleep really well as long as he's laying on someone! Not sure what's going to happen when hubby goes back to work, he's been doing all the nappies & a lot of housework so far!

Oh and as if the first few weeks aren't going to be hard enough, we're also moving house in 4 weeks time! This should be interesting!

And I thought us getting a new kitchen fitted would be hectic enough!

OH went back to work today and even though he's been really helpful and I missed having him around, it was good to get in to our own little routine and I managed to go shopping, do all the house work and keep the LO happy.. no tears (from me) or anything.. I was bloody surprised! Here's hoping it goes the same way tomorrow..

Irish - Good luck with moving and packing etc, I know how stressful it can be.. just call in all the troops to help out! It'll all be worth it when you're settled in your new place, though, I'm sure.

Had to share a pic of Johnny, it rained yesterday so he got to wear his coat before he grows out of it :haha:

Attachments

• photo 1.jpg
    photo 1.jpg
    36.3 KB · Views: 4
  • photo 2.jpg
    photo 2.jpg
    27.2 KB · Views: 2
I don't envy you moving house.. We did it when I was 20 weeks pregnant and that was a struggle in itself!! Emily is currently fast asleep in her moses basket.. Don't know how Chris managed it..!!! (it may have something to do with the formula feed he gave her.. Feel so guilty!!!!)
Hopefully she'll be out for the count for a few hours and I can get some sleep before the night feeds commence!
Health visitor was out today and she's gone from 7lbs 9 birth weight then dropped to 7lbs 5 last week but is now up to 7lbs 15.. Worried she's gaining weight too fast!!!

It's so hard to remember what life was like before motherhood..!!!! xx

OH went back to work today and even though he's been really helpful and I missed having him around, it was good to get in to our own little routine and I managed to go shopping, do all the house work and keep the LO happy.. no tears (from me) or anything.. I was bloody surprised! Here's hoping it goes the same way tomorrow..

Irish - Good luck with moving and packing etc, I know how stressful it can be.. just call in all the troops to help out! It'll all be worth it when you're settled in your new place, though, I'm sure.

Had to share a pic of Johnny, it rained yesterday so he got to wear his coat before he grows out of it :haha:

Absolutely love the pics.. He is gorgeous!!! His outfit is too cute..!!!! xx

Clare I think we're destined to always worry about something now! I was worried Logan would have lost too much weight! I got him to sleep in the moses basket as well by using my feeding cushion, not sure it's the best way but it's a step in the right direction.

Chloe those pics are just too cute!

Oh those pictures are so cute! Just want to give him a hug! lol

Hi

Love the photo's lollipopbop!! Gorgeous suit.....it's horrible when they grow out of things you like so quickly, I found that with Will, he had lots of things in two sizes.

Irish, don't worry about the pillow, easier said than done, as I panic about everything. You just have to do what you need to, to get through these knackering few weeks. Ava's already starting to settle down, she's been really good in her moses basket and pram now I'm putting her down on her side. We have been discharged by the MW today and she is 1 oz over her birth weight, so doing brilliantly.

Will is getting better about bed although we've had to do controlled crying, it's really receptive to it, so he only cried for 5 mins last night. DH is at work tonight, so first bed time routine for me with them both tonight.

Hope you are all feeling ok xxx

Johnny is gorgeous and so is his coat!

Taylor still being an angel :)
L c it is hard work with a toddler, my dd was 5 when I had my ds and it was easier than having a 2 year old and a baby. My main problem at the min is my toddler keeps throwing toys. I am worried that one will hit taylor! Oh the joys of the terrible twos :wacko:

Oh mare, that's a tough one! Thankfully we've not got to that stage yet, we are just at the very stubborn refusing to do anything phase, very frustrating xx

Just about to go an collect my little man from nursery. Gutted as I have to drag Ava out in the rubbish weather to get him.

Ava has been gorgeous again today and it's lovely to have a bit of me and Ava time, with everyone else out.

Emily seems to be settling today as well.. Feeding for an hour at a time (draining for me!!) but she's defo sleeping for longer periods of time.. Just hope she does that through the night too!! She's also in her Moses basket so I'm seeing this as major progress!!!

Mum and I took her shopping today.. It was like a comedy sketch as Chris was away with our car and we had to get everything in my mums mini!!! It was a squash but we managed eventually!!!

I really don't envy you Vicky having 2 kiddies to keep you on your toes!!! ;)

Anyways, hope you are all well xx

Does anyone else have the silver cross linear freeway travel system with the Ventura car seat?
Just wondering coz I'm having problems with mine and wondered if anyone else had it and also thinks its a bugger to use!!! xx

Clare, glad Emily is more settled too! Saying that Ava fed all night, think it must be the 10 day growth spurt. The itching is miserable, I could cry, it kept me up loads.

Your comedy shopping sketch made me giggle. We have an estate and getting all the things for two in there is a nightmare, so I can'timagine how you managed in a mini lol x

Hope everyone else had a good night x

I didn't :( Lexi was up every two hours on the dot, the sooner I can get that child onto hungry baby formula the better!

No sorry Clare I have the silver cross 3D with the ventura car seat and not had any trouble taking it on/off but it's still a bloody awkward buggy and car seat in general! Knew I should of went iCandy haha

Logan's sleeping pretty well, he goes for 4 hours at a time with 40 minutes feeding in between. However that's only co-sleeping which I'm actually okay with at the moment! Makes feeding really easy having him laying with me.

We're gradually getting him better in the moses basket with the pillow thing. I'm hoping he's getting more used to sleeping on his back and we'll eventually get there!

Clare that's such good news that Emilys in the moses basket! Gives me hope! I have the pliko pramette from mamas & papas which actually isn't great. Thank goodness I got it 2nd hand, would have been gutted to have paid £500 for it!

How's everyone feeling?

Glad a few of our Lo's are sleeping better! My little chimp decided he wanted feeding every 2 hours in the night as from 12 am.
I have a graco travel system it was my other sons and now I'm using it again. Getting my money's worth lol! It was a bargain in the first place too!

Has anyone managed to register their lo yet. We have appointment on fri. Make sure you get the full birth certificate if you plan on getting your lo a passport in the future. I made that mistake before by just getting the short one. Had to go back and get full one when applying for passport! Lesson learned for this time!

Hope everyone's well! I'm having a bit of an off day today feel tired and grumpy :growlmad:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->