*May Offend but I hope not* just nervous!!

I'm albino (in the eyes of the uneducated which is a lot in OHs family) I'm of a different race (I"m not but whatever...I was still judged). DH is white. His parents didn't want us getting married. When I was pregnant with our first, my MIL had the nerve to say she wanted OUR SON tested for albinism!!!!!! OMG..I could have KILLED her for that comment. No, I didn't want James to inherit it but I wasn't going to put his life in danger after trying over three years for him! Thankfully he was born w/o expressing albinism (yes I am thankful because growing up was hell for me with abuse from other kids...he already will get grief enough for his mother being albino and I'm also thankful he don't have to deal with being legally blind).

My brother is with a woman who has a biracial daughter. I can't wait to meet my niece at my DS's birthday party next month :cloud8:

People are always gonna judge. It will always be something so you just can't worry about it. Being judged for the color of your skin or your child's skin isn't any different than being judged for being obese. Not trying to sound mean, but judgment is judgment and it's everywhere! You just have to love you and your situation and forget what they think b/c at the end of the day it matters what you think not them.

i think its so sad that there is still alot of prejudice in this world today :( And speshly towards children of that ages i agree with the first poster rock your family the way you want! As long as your happy your are happy then it shouldnt matter if your black, white or beige chola or orient made ;) I say screw them hunnie!

I think you're having second thoughts... if you weren't having second thoughts you wouldn't be posting this, and if you're having second thoughts then you should reconsider. I knew a girl who was in a relationship with a black man, they conceived and they broke up a year later. Well she couldn't stand to be around the baby, it disgusted her, that it didn't look like her at all and looked like him. She had severe depression and I don't know what happened after that. She too had an older blonde haired blue eyed daughter who ended up despising the new baby that looked nothing like her and used to say "that's not my brother."

I think you're having second thoughts... if you weren't having second thoughts you wouldn't be posting this, and if you're having second thoughts then you should reconsider. I knew a girl who was in a relationship with a black man, they conceived and they broke up a year later. Well she couldn't stand to be around the baby, it disgusted her, that it didn't look like her at all and looked like him. She had severe depression and I don't know what happened after that. She too had an older blonde haired blue eyed daughter who ended up despising the new baby that looked nothing like her and used to say "that's not my brother."

Im not having second thoughts at all. Ive excepted all of his children into my life and love them like they are my own. Im so excited to have a baby with him. I love my man to death. And I will never despise having a child that doesnt look like me!!

I think that mixed race children are so beautiful! i want my brother to marry his Indian girlfriend just for that reason (kidding, i love her to death).

Im not having second thoughts at all. Ive excepted all of his children into my life and love them like they are my own. Im so excited to have a baby with him. I love my man to death. And I will never despise having a child that doesnt look like me!!

She said similar things beforehand too...

I agree with the majority of posters, that it doesn't matter what anyone else thinks! This is your life and you deserve to have love and to be happy. :flower:

And just a side note, I think often times the reason that so many interracial families get stared at is because people are trying to look and see what traits the kids ended up with because there can be such a big diversity, as others have mentioned, such the different mixtures that the kids can come out with, and therefore, I think many people are just fascinated by that. Not all of the looks will always be for negative reasons.

GL to you with ttc and your beautiful family.:flow: :dust:

I just wanted to chime in with my 2 cents and bring in the biblical perspective. I dont know if any of you are Christian but I just wanted to point out that some people can be so judgemental. There is nothing in the bible about it being wrong to mix races. I am from Alabama and down here in the south there are so many who say that it is wrong. I just want to laugh in their faces! When the bible talks about not "mxing yolks" it is talking about Christians and non-Christians, not about black and white (or hispanic or asian or whatever you may be). You rock your beautiful family however different or strange it might be to others! If our Lord and maker doesnt have a problem with it, then I dont know why others do. Stand up for what you believe in and dont worry if you offend anyone! GL and I hope you see your BFP really soon!!!

I just wanted to chime in with my 2 cents and bring in the biblical perspective. I dont know if any of you are Christian but I just wanted to point out that some people can be so judgemental. There is nothing in the bible about it being wrong to mix races. I am from Alabama and down here in the south there are so many who say that it is wrong. I just want to laugh in their faces! When the bible talks about not "mxing yolks" it is talking about Christians and non-Christians, not about black and white (or hispanic or asian or whatever you may be). You rock your beautiful family however different or strange it might be to others! If our Lord and maker doesnt have a problem with it, then I dont know why others do. Stand up for what you believe in and dont worry if you offend anyone! GL and I hope you see your BFP really soon!!!

Thank you very much that meant a lot to me! I will never bring a child into this world that is unwanted or unloved.

Hon it doesn't matter what others think only what you two feel
My ex was jamaican and we have two beautiful day and night children. Even in black families they are mult-itonned ie in the exs family if 12 kids they go from light tan to dark dark.

I find it fascinating how the kids turn out ie my dtr looks like me but Is med colour and has her dads body, my son looks like his dad but is really light and takes after my family physically.

My kids are proud of their heritage and didn't have any problems- yeah the odd comment where'd you adopt her from, but any baby is beautiful and yours will be gorgeous.

I am now ttc and my oh is white and can't wait to see what our child will look like

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nirmala kann
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->