• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

*May Offend but I hope not* just nervous!!

magrace

Mom and Pregnant
Reaction score
Hi ladies, Im not one to care what other people thing but I really dont want the ugly stares even more then I get now.
I have a 4 year old daughter who is white, blonde hair blue eyes just like me. My now DH is full Jamaican really dark.
Im just wondering if there is anyone out there that is also nervous about having different race children and the questions or looks you'll get?
Im not worried about it cause Im so excited!!!!! JUST NERVOUS!

Who cares what people think, As along as you love your family then that's all that matters
Lots of Baby Dust !!!!!!!!!!!

Who cares what people think, As along as you love your family then that's all that matters

I agree.. That is your Family! :thumbup: You rock it anyway you want!! :happydance:

Thanks Hun, Im just a young mom as it is!!! But i cant wait to complete my family!!!!

You are the next Heidi Klum!!!!

MY FRIENDS ALWAYS SAY THAT!! He has 4 kids already 2 girls and twin boys... and i have my blondie girl!!! I HAVE A BRUD OF CHILDREN LOL

Who cares what other people think! You may get a lot of questions, but just tell people to mind their own business.

Hi hun,

I am going to comment because I am black and my husband is white. I have 2 bi-racial sons. We have been married for 14 years and been together for 17 years. When we first started dating, we got a lot stares. One because we were/are a mixed couple and two that I was a black woman with a white guy. Over the years it has gotten better (we have been together since 1994). My kids attend a VERY diverse school. So, its normal to see bi-racial/mixed familes. When my DS2 was born, we was white. I went to Wal-Mart and the lady in line asked me was he mine. I said yes ma'am he is. She had this confused look on her face...I just laughed:haha: But stuff like that does not bother me nor my kids.

Your going to get stares because your white, your daughter is white and your hubbs is dark skinned. Hell, now days it seems like everybody is dating outside their race, not just black(dark skinned) & white. Dont' worry you will be fine:flower:

Like the other lady said "Its your family, rock it anyway you want!!"

Hi hun,

I am going to comment because I am black and my husband is white. I have 2 bi-racial sons. We have been married for 14 years and been together for 17 years. When we first started dating, we got a lot stares. One because we were/are a mixed couple and two that I was a black woman with a white guy. Over the years it has gotten better (we have been together since 1994). My kids attend a VERY diverse school. So, its normal to see bi-racial/mixed familes. When my DS2 was born, we was white. I went to Wal-Mart and the lady in line asked me was he mine. I said yes ma'am he is. She had this confused look on her face...I just laughed:haha: But stuff like that does not bother me nor my kids.

Your going to get stares because your white, your daughter is white and your hubbs is dark skinned. Hell, now days it seems like everybody is dating outside their race, not just black(dark skinned) & white. Dont' worry you will be fine:flower:

Like the other lady said "Its your family, rock it anyway you want!!"

Thank you very much hun for your reply!

I'm white, DH is black and PR. Our children are GORGEOUS and I'm not saying it because they're ours, it's the truth! Our 5 y.o has tight curly black hair, olive skin and brown eyes. Our 3 y.o has very, very long wavy dark brown hair, dark brown eyes and she has "the Island" color. Our 10 month old son is WHITE, dirty blonde hair and green eyes. Of course we worry what people may say to our kids when they're older, or when they go to school and the other kids wonder why one is so light, one is tanned and the other is dark. But I want my kids to know it's okay to be different and we all come in different shapes, sizes and colors. I'm Italian, German, Irish, Native American and Spanish. I'm white, freckles, green eyes and brown hair. DH is dark skin. It is what it is. I was young when I got pregnant, too. I was 19 and believe me, people stared. They STILL do! I'm 25 and yet people think I'm 16!! it's ridiculous. I've had people say things like "oh wow, now that's nasty" because they see my kids are mixed. It hurts but it also makes me laugh like, are you serious?? what year are you still living in!?! Shrug it off girl. The more you walk down the street with your head held high with your beautiful mixed family, the more people will feel so little for even THINKING of judging you!!

My OH's SIL is biracial, black/white.. so their daughter is a quarter black, and 3 quarters white.. she is probably the most beautiful baby ever!! She has light caramel skin, blue eyes, blonde hair.. just gorgeous. We always make jokes like, "Penny's so light, it looks like S[OH's SIL] stole that baby in the hospital!!" and stuff like, "People probably think she's the milkwoman's baby.." because she looks so much like J (OH's brother) and is so light, it's hard to believe she's mixed at all! S is a good sport about it though, and her whole family is.. though when she was pregnant nobody expected her to give birth to a blonde haired, blue eyed baby!

It's all in good fun.. our whole family is diverse. That baby has cousins that are Caucasian mixed with Hispanic, Native American, and a whole lotta who knows what?

My donor is a very, very dark-skinned man.. he is 1/4 Hispanic, 1/4 Native American and 1/2 Caucasian, but he's very dark.. dark skin, eyes, and hair, with extremely Native features. I'm probably the whitest person I know!! I literally "blind" people and can glow in a black light! I have blue eyes and wavy brown/red hair.. I know that his genes are dominant and most likely my baby is going to come out with darker hair, skin, and eyes than me. It makes me think sometimes, what are people going to think? Are they going to think my baby is another race or, not even mine? But I end up laughing at myself before I get serious when I think these thoughts.. who am I kidding? Mixed-race children are just the most beautiful babies!!

I'm really delighted for you! I think your family is going to be just beautiful, both with your little lady, your OH's children and the baby you'll make together! :hugs:

If I were you, I'd just assume those stares are because your child(and hopefully soon, children) are so beautiful! Mixed race babies are always gorgeous. I'm one of those creepy people who always smile at babies and toddlers, I just can't help myself. I have never been able to walk past a single baby without staring, and smiling, and usually cooing as well. LOL

Anybody who is passing you on the street judging you or your beautiful family isn't worth worrying about, believe me! Lot's of sticky :dust: your way!

My sister-in-law is from Argentina, and I think my nieces and nephew are some of the most beautiful kids with their tan skin and dark eyes! People have looked at me when I have been out with them alone, but it might have been to try and see the similarity between us! Family pictures are great too with my blonde hair, blue eyed boys, but they are family and they don't notice anything is different. Besides, a song from my boys fav show says "different is good, if we were all the same it would be a shame, because we're different, and different is good!" Good luck and hope you get your bfp soon!

families come in all shapes sizes and colours and as long as there is love its a proper family :) and I agree...Rock it any way u want girl!!!!! :dust: xxxxxxxxxxxxx

I dont get why its still like that In the US .. In the UK its seen as normal if you have mixed race children their accepted either way here and My sister is half Jamaican and has just married a full Jamaican hes from spanish town .......and well my nephew is the most beautiful little boy ever!!!:flower: As you can see =]

Attachments

• 222435_10150161498712215_676422214_6790488_1018745_n.jpg
    222435_10150161498712215_676422214_6790488_1018745_n.jpg
    26 KB · Views: 13
I dont get why its still like that In the US .. In the UK its seen as normal if you have mixed race children their accepted either way here and My sister is half Jamaican and has just married a full Jamaican hes from spanish town .......and well my nephew is the most beautiful little boy ever!!!:flower: As you can see =]

he's gorgeous!! I love his hair!!

He is Gorgeous!!! I cant wait for my BFP!!!

If they stare it'll be because your baby is so damned gorgeous.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
raisingbisho
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->