Maybe Twins... Maybe no homebirth:(

tbaby

Reaction score
I have a midwife for my homebirth. She just informed me that if the babies are in one sac she will not do the homebirth I need a hospital birth.

Now let me back up. At almost 12 weeks I got a doppler and I listen for the 160 range heartbeat that the midwife had gotten I found one about 135 range and thought that was weird and then I looked for the 160 range and found it. The next day it dawned on me that there was 2 different heartbeats. :haha::wacko: So I decided to do it again. Everyday since then I have had 2 heartbeats of course plus my own. I asked the midwife and she said its not the placenta or the cord. So the only thing in my mind is 2 babies. I had a scan at 6 weeks due to spotting to make sure there was nothing wrong. Showed one baby. Anyways today my midwife finally tells me she will not give me a homebirth if 2 babies are in one sac.. I am frustrated. She also wont give me a scan so I know for sure about the twins until after she sees me and it could be a few weeks before she schedules it. So I have decided on a different midwife, but is every midwife this way about birthing twins.:cry: I will not go into a hospital.:growlmad:

It's identical twins that can be much more risky than non identical and at this point you don't know if a. It's twins and b. They share a placenta/scan etc. I'd say just wait and see. Getting anxious about it wil l not change anything and it is bad for you and your baby/babies so rather than worry wait and see what the facts are :)

I agree, but I feel I need to be prepared. I dont want to have a relationship with someone who may not be able to possibly help me.

By what she has said its pretty much twins.

perhap do some research into twin births... both indentical and nn indentical so once you do get the scan you already have all the information to hand. i believe with indentical twins they prefer to do a planned c section due to the fact they share the sac and placenta ect. with non indentical aslong as their positions are good you can try for a vaginal birth. As Mervs mums says try not to panic. It might not be twins. When my mum was carrying me they heard 2 heart beats and innially thought twins but it turned out her womb was slightly heart shaped and my heart beat was echoing.

Do some research on twin to twin transfusion syndrome and you'll see why she might not be able to support a twin home birth under certain circumstances. She's not being over cautious. Cord entanglement is a very real concern for you and your babies IF you are carrying twins and IF they are in one sac.

I don't really see how you can be prepared fully until the facts are in front of you other than doing some proper research now. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->