Maybe we are too old!!

Emx

Mum/Cautiously pregnant
Reaction score
A bit of a light hearted post... I am 37 and OH is 39 - we are currently TTC for number 2... After a few months of just casually trying we have decided to give it a real go this month... Soooo tonight is the night when I am 'officially' at my most fertile...

Put our 10 month old to bed spot on 7... turned the phone off... lit a log fire... opened a bottle of wine...

Then the OH put his back out putting DD's toys away!! For gods sake!! He is in bed having taken two codeine and with a bag of frozen peas on his back... I am still up, alone, downstairs, slightly tipsy on more than my share of wine!!

Maybe next month then....:wacko:

Aw poor u :) hope oh is recovered, and still time to go for it this month :) good luck x

That totally sucks but if you bd'd before you O'd you still have a shot.

I am 37 as well and my OH is 39. We too have been trying to conceive so I know how you feel. I have been trying for the past 4 months. I feel like giving up sometimes but maybe I need to pursue it a bit longer. Hope it will not be much longer. Hope its before May. Good luck too.

Aww, poor hubby! I am 39 in 3 weeks, DH 39 too and we do joke about being too old when we pull a muscle or are just too tired! :haha:

You still have a shot tomorrow!

Hi all,

I wasn't sure how to start, so I'm replying to this thread. It seems like it fits because I'm turning 40 in March and husband turns 40 in May. The last few weeks my husband and I have been considering trying for our 3rd (two boys now-6 and 9). The strange thing is last week I had cramps for about 4-5 days that felt like what I remembered going on in early pregnancy with the other kids (implantation). But I've been on the pill. I went back and looked at my pills and noticed I had missed two pills on the 2nd and 3rd day of the first week and then missed again the second to last day before the "blanks". So I started wondering if I might be pregnant already, but it would be too early to tell. I have taken a HPT recently that was negative. I can't tell if I'm just hoping I am pregnant, even though we hadn't officially started trying yet, or if it's a real possibility. The cramps were real. Is it possible to get pregnant right at the end of your active pills if you miss one? Thanks!

synch71:kiss::happydance:

I am 37 as well and my OH is 39. We too have been trying to conceive so I know how you feel. I have been trying for the past 4 months. I feel like giving up sometimes but maybe I need to pursue it a bit longer. Hope it will not be much longer. Hope its before May. Good luck too.

Are you using any type of ovulation monitor hun? They will tell you which day the peak is and if you BD that day it will increase your chances of gettnig pregnant :)

Hi Irina,

That's a nice idea and I wish I could try it but, my OH would probably have a good laugh at me checking temperature every morning. He would ask me if I have a fever LOl. A bit too time consuming as I may also forget. I have made an appointment to discuss a few concerns with my GP next Tuesday...Will touch base again next week.

It never fails, whenever I'm about to ovulate my DH is always tired, sick, exhausted, working, too busy, etc... I am having IVF in a few weeks and it feels like its the only way I'm going to get pregnant.

I certainly don't think 40 is too old!!! I just turned 40 last month and trying to conceive number 3 with a big age gap and a different partner. OH is only 31 :winkwink:

AF started this morning so embarking on 4th month of trying. OH has certainly realised my fears that it could take some time due to my age and is 100% on the :sex: waggon now as previously he has wanted a more relaxed approach.

2nd cycle trying Soy, also going to take Vit B6, Grapefruit Juice for EWCM and might temp too! oh and seriously considering Pre-Seed too due to lack of EWCM to help those little swimmers up there! Our bedroom is beginning to look like a pharmacy not a love nest :blush:

Hi all, I had 3 positive pregnancy tests done...went to my GP but he could not see anything. He has now sent me to do a blood test tomorrow to confirm my pregnancy. fingers XXX. Hope all is well!

My Doc did Ultra sound and couldn't see anything...maybe it is too early. Based on LMP I am supposed to be about 4 weeks and 3 days.

I wouldn't have thought they could see anything that early :shrug: fingers crossed for you though :hugs:

Aww how disappointing for you......i couldn't help but laugh when i read that though!
You are not too old hun, it is just a bit more of a 'challenge' now but i know we can all get there! :flower:

A bit of a light hearted post... I am 37 and OH is 39 - we are currently TTC for number 2... After a few months of just casually trying we have decided to give it a real go this month... Soooo tonight is the night when I am 'officially' at my most fertile...

Put our 10 month old to bed spot on 7... turned the phone off... lit a log fire... opened a bottle of wine...

Then the OH put his back out putting DD's toys away!! For gods sake!! He is in bed having taken two codeine and with a bag of frozen peas on his back... I am still up, alone, downstairs, slightly tipsy on more than my share of wine!!

Maybe next month then....:wacko:

Sorry shouldnt laugh but it was a bit funny!! lol Men .........eh??

I keep thinking im too old now (im 36) even though i know people way older have managed it. Im just scared its not going to happen when i want it so much. Dont get me wrong im so grateful for my 2 kids i already have and dont wanna appear greedy esp to those TTC #1 but i think its just as strong urge when you already have kids to want another as you know how great the feeling of being a mum is and you just want to do it again.:baby:

Fingers x for you chick hope it happens soon.

Thankyou Mommyjill x... I wrote this thread last month.. I am now waiting to test lat the end of next week after a more succesful month of trying! Its the first month I have insisted we try all the way through my fertile time... the poor OH.. he actually had to say no on Sunday for the first time since we have been together!! He was absolutely shattered!! Bless him!! I dont put it all down to age - we have a young daughter too and we are certainly not as full of energy as when we tried for her!

I know what you mean about being scared... We were so lucky with DD in that it happened so quickly... Now that I know how much I love being a mum, I am scared it wont happen again too! And yes I feel greedy for saying it too.. especially when so many are trying for their first, I feel I should be grateful for what I have and not moan too much about the chances of it maybe not happening again!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->