Maybe?!

LoraLoo

Pregnant with a Rainbow
Reaction score
So we found out a couple of days ago that our newest addition is another beautiful girl- something im still struggling to get my head around as I thought she was a boy.
We've not started discussing names in depth yet but ive thrown a couple out there.

I was pretty sure she would be Ada- as we had this picked out with our last baby but lost her, and it didn't seem right to use, but hubby is going off it.

We both like May- it's a name ive always come back to over the years and finally... Hubby actually likes it, after years of saying no!

My only reservation is its quite close to Amy- same letters and everything. I'm not fussed on the alternative spellings.

Possible middle names are Rosemary or Rose after hubbys Mum, or Evelyn because 1- I love it and 2- it's just a little nod to our angel Eve.

Our surnames Allonby and my other children's names are

Caitlyn
Ollie
Eve
Amy
William
Alfie
Alice
Eden

All thoughts welcome- good and back, and anything that pops into your head when you think of the nane inc possibly nicknames that may get picked up. Thanks 😊

Congratulations! I think Ada and may are lovely, it wouldn't put me off that you already have an Amy. i also really like Evelyn and rosemary
Others I like are Lilian, orla, Charlotte, Beatrice, Eleanor (my dd), camilla, Matilda, Madeleine

Eleanor Is definitely one of my faves, and I really like Orla, Charlotte and Beatrice. I really like pretty feminine names that aren't too 'frilly ' x

I prefer Ada over May. Ada is really pretty and is timeless. May, in my opinion, is better suited to a middle name. I wouldn't worry about May having the same letters as Amy. I think they're different enough to not notice unless pointed out xx

I think I like the simplicity of May. It is often used as a middle name but for some reason I personally wouldn't use it as a middle name as I think it's over used. I'm a funny one I know!

I do still really like Ada but think it's a little bit tainted now, and not sure if Id be able to talk hubby around again xx

I love all your names both the ones you've used and the ones you're considering! Which is not helpful at all is it haha.

May is gorgeous. I think it should be a front runner. I wouldn't worry at all about Amy and May I think nobody would ever think that much about it

Ada is fab but I understand why you wouldn't use it now

Evelyn is very pretty but also very popular at the moment. That may be something that doesn't bother you though

Other suggestions - my baby was going to be Ivy or Orla both of which I think match your children's names well.

When you think of the little ones, Alice and the new baby girl will be grouped together a lot, so Alice and Evelyn, Alice and Orla, Alice and Ivy.... I really do think Alice and May sounds the nicest!

Have fun choosing x

Thanks Boo! It's nice to get other people's feedback especially when it's not a nsne commonly used as a first name. Xx

How about maya, then it makes the spelling abut different to Amy and you could still call her may for short?? Or use the spelling Mae??

I don't like Maya for us.. I don't dislike the name it's just a bit too modern...or the spelling Mae 😁 ... I probably sound like I'm being really awkward! 🙈 x

I just wanted to say I love all your children's names! I think we have quite similar taste as I've got a William, Arthur and an Eleanor ;) I think both May and Ada are lovely x

I love Ada, we considered Adeline with Ada as a nn. May is beautiful too, and like you I prefer it as a first name. I love Mabel too and would use May as a nn. I really like Beatrice and Eleanor (biased lol) too. Throwing some names I like out there which I think are similar in style:
Iris
Ivy
Harriet
Alba
Ruth
Audrey
Clara

I also love Rosemary as a first name.

May Rose sounds so pretty! I actually like Mae more since it's not in your face a month like May is! But I get how some name spellings are so personal! I love Juliette but hate Juliet!

I love how you want to include Eve into it =) <3

I like May! It's Sophie's middle name and my OH's grandmas name. Ada I am never sure how to pronounce just right.

What about Ava? We considered Adelia and Adelie too which I still like but DH didn't take to them. I really love love love Evelyn but know too many people who've used it lately so we didn't consider it.

Ava is too popular here and a little bit too similar to Eve I think, although it is a lovely name x

I love the name Orla but my DH straight away said 'it sounds like oral' as soon as he heard it and it completely ruined it for me :( Our neice is called Isla too so probably too similar to that anyway. I still love it but could never use it now.

I think Iris is a nice middle name to go with May, and it's a nod to being a rainbow baby without being too obvious

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->