Mayhem Babies! May 2011 mummies and babies

Inge

Leo and Jamie
Reaction score
My baby Leo was due 7th May 2011 but born 26th April. I was looking in this parenting section and couldnt find a thread for babies born in may or late april. Id love to see how other new mums are coping so far. Leo is 10 days old today and had his last check with the midwife and our Health visitor is coming for the first time on wednesday to do his hearing test :thumbup:
We are also going to view our new home on thursday (if we can get OH day off changed as no child care available!) its a new build 2 bed so perfect for us and OH 8 year old son who stays at weekends :thumbup:

May Babies
Eilidh - Born 10th March 2011
Rochelle Lorianne+Charlotte Marie - Born 10th April 2011
Leo - Born 26th April 2011
Travis - Born 27th April 2011
Ava - Born 29th April 2011
Bethany - Born 1st May 2011
Anberlin Maria Kate - Born 4th May 2011
Josh - Born 5th May 2011
Daniel - Born 10th May 2011
George - Born 12th May 2011
Sam - Born 13th May 2011
Nora - Born 27th May​

Hi Inge!

How you doing hun? I'm joining you in here now :) Had my little man on the 5th May. I'll put this thread link in the May Blossoms. It would be nice for us to be able to chat, ask advice etc!

Im doing good :thumbup: Got leo in one arm typing with the other :haha:
Feeling alot better in myself now and more normal and pre pregnancy.My bleeding has really slowed and havent had any today (hope it keeps up) not feeling too sore anymore either.
The only negative is for some reason my sex drive has gone through the roof but I cant do anything about it:dohh: Not sure if Id risk anything yet though as its so soon after the birth and everything feels so tight down there now :wacko:
Good to see someone else here :haha:

Hi!!:flower:

Lovely to see this thread, I hope you don't mind me joining with my march baba? Eilidh will develop along with babies of her due date though so hopefully we can all share milestones:hugs:

Inge its lovely to see you hun, you're missed in the may blossoms. Good luck with the house viewing:happydance: Lucky you with the bleeding, mine's still going on and off still now at 8 1/2 weeks post partum. With sex, if you dont hurt go for it. I waited a week and it was perfectly fine and no different to pre pregnancy:thumbup: My OB didnt have a problem with it either.

mummy - hiya :flower: hope Eilidh is doing ok :hugs: I keep meaning to go look and post on May Blossoms but all the pages I have to read through :dohh: :haha:
Has anyones babies got dry skin in the creases of the feet/ankles? Leos is a little flaky and dry and Im not sure what to put on it :wacko:

Perhaps a list in the first post with babies birthdates would be nice? It doesn't have to have birth weights and the like, just the name and the date?

I had just come to see if there was a thread like this...I say we adopt the Mayhem name for this thread, since so many of our May babies are giving us signs but coming late, lol...

Inge, Eilidh's doing really well now, she has the bfing down and is finally gaining loads of weight, she smiles as well :cloud9: How are you finding the first couple of weeks?

With the dry skin, thats totally normal, esp with a baby who is a bit early. Get some baby lotion and rub it on the dry skin. It does lesson as the baby learns to produce their own natural moisturiser.

Brandi :hugs: Hows the nipples doing now? Is miss Anberlin giving mommy anymore sleep?

I agree with mayhems :rofl: We'll be waiting here for another month at least for those naughty late babies..

Great news about Eilidh, mummy!!

My right nipple is better after coating it with Lansinoh, but my right is horrible today. They seem to be worse if I try to pump, so I'm going to deal with the engorgement for a few days and breastfeed only and hopefully they'll clear up faster.

:hugs: That sounds so painful. If the pumping is making it worse defo stick to just bfing and keep up with the cream. Could you have caught a bit of thrush?

There's nothing on me or Anberlin to suggest it, but the sores and scabs across my nipples are so deep that it feels worse than it really is. It's horrible when she latches but as she starts suckling, it gets better and manageable.

Ouch! I hope it passesreally soon for you:hugs:

Eilidh is being very snuggly this evening, she is constantly wriggling against me making little noises:cloud9: We have an appointment tomorrow so she can get a urine test (some blood in her diaper) but this is usually harmless.

I'm sure its fine, doc wasn't concerned over the phone and my others have had the same thing ( although son has kidney reflux). Going to be fun taking my 3 little ones out in the heat to get there, is it still cold in canada?

It's probably not as warm as it is in AZ, but it's definitely warming up. Today was practically summer weather so we took the kids to the park and had a barbeque for lunch.

My postpartum hormones are kicking in...I actually cried over the phone to my midwife tonight about my nipples, lol. It's easy to laugh about it now that I'm drugged up on Motrin and Lansinoh. I also found a solution to the engorgement. I used my manual pump in the middle of the night to express the rest of the milk that Anberlin wouldn't take. After her feed, I managed 4oz manually, and she still ate again right after. It didn't hurt and I didn't bleed at all and I feel much better now. I imagine it was because I was able to control the amount of pressure I used, whereas my electric, I can't. It was also nice to store blood-tinged-free milk too, lol.

Nearly 3:00am though...the Little Miss is back to sleep and so shall I go.

Il put up all the birth dates on the first post today. If you could send me a pm with birth date in then Il get it up soon as :thumbup:
Leo has his first Health visitor meet on wednesday and has his hearing test :thumbup: Also viewing the house on thursday but need to find a sitter as Leo cant come because of the building work :wacko:

Hiya ladies!!!! Nice to see we have a parenting thread now. I hope the other naughty babies hurry up and join us over here :)

Good luck with the health visitor appointment!!

I agree Wiggler, those little ones better hurry up and move on over here!

Wiggler!:hugs: I still think we'll be waiting for ages..
Hows little Bethany?

Inge, thanks hun. Good luck for wednesday and for viewingthe house.
Do you have anyone you would leave Leo with?

Brandi, its like 100 degrees everyday here atm:wacko: Sounds like you guys have much nicer weather, your day sounds awesome. Yay on a solution to the pain:happydance:

Eilidh is wide awake this morning, lol she's 2 months old tomorrow:haha:

Mummy- if we can move the viewing to afternoon we can get a sitter no problem. But as the site manager doesnt want people coming onto the site at random times and for health and safety reasons we have to have an appointment time to suit the building work and its proving difficult to arrange.

Just put dates up on 1st page. Let me know if any are wrong :)

You got Eilidhs birthday right, thanks:flower:

Sounds like a nightmare to arrange, you'd think they would bend over backwards to accomodate you as you have such a small baby! Good luck!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->