Mayhem Babies! May 2011 mummies and babies

I understand where their coming from as its a whole new housing estate iykwim, and most of the work isnt finished in the area so its not that safe. We have been told to wear sensible clothing and shoes so its not really safe for Leo. We get the keys too so hoping in the next week or 2 we will have our own place :happydance:
Leo has been lovely today. Hes been asleep most of the time so I havent had a meltdown yet :haha:

Lol its great when they're asleep:haha: I see what you mean, hopefully they will give you a convenient time so you can get a sitter though. How do you feel about leaving him for a couple hours?

My hubby took my card in his wallet after paying for the flights to San Diego on sat so i cant take Eilidh to docs:dohh: She has a well baby check tomorrow anyway so hopefully they'll do everything then. Spent time this morning making fudge with my toddlers so bang goes healthy eating :rofl:

Wiggler hows the weightloss going for you? Lol at winding up the neighbour with it!!

Meow, hows little Josh's feeding?

I should be ok with leaving him for an hour or two. OH took him out a few days after the birth and I missed him so much in the hour or two they were gone:haha:
Mmmm on the fudge mummy:thumbup:
Im not worrying too much about my weight right now, no idea what I weigh as we havent got any scales. Im buying some for the house but wont use them til im 6wks PP and start exercising again. Cant wait to get back on the cross trainer tbh :haha: Im just walking with the pushchair atm which is tough enough! Im so unfit!

yeah I'm so unfit too and I need to be able to walk everywhere as hubby works all day so cant take us all the places we need to be:dohh: I'm happy enough with my weight, it dont take long to lose after a 3lb baby lol but all those months on restrictions/bedrest completely killed my fitness.

the fudge is yummy, its caramel flavoured and a big hit. Will have hyper toddlers for a bit now:haha:

:hugs: at leaving Leo but you are doing the best for him by getting a gorgeous new house.

I shall catch up on everything later.

Just popping in to say that my iron levels have gone down to 7 and i had to go in for an iron transfusion today. They wanted to do a blood transfusion but decided on an iron one to start with. Got to go back tomorrow for another lot. Feeling rather ill :(

meow - :hugs: rest up and hope you feel better and the transfusion helps.
Well Leo woke up :haha: hes being clingy now so im doing everythnig one handed :wacko: he hasnt done a poop since early this morning so a little worried as hes getting whiney :wacko: on the plus side though, all his cord has come away now :happydance: he lost the bulk of it at around 8 days and just now the last bit came off. 1hr and OH be home :happydance:

Meow:hugs: i really hope you feel alot better after the transfusions.

Inge, Eilidh only poops around once a week:wacko:

He usually really regular :wacko: Hes been having the amount of FF hes supposed to be having which is great because he was so fussy in the beginning. He wouldnt latch on and BF and took him ages to drink even 1oz of formula but now hes really got his hunger :thumbup:
Any sign of more May babies being born yet?

Wow, I can't believe Eilidh will be 2 months old tomorrow, its gone so fast!!

Inge, how exciting, not long til you are in your own home!!

Meow - :hugs: I hope the transfusion helps

Bethany is doing fab, she has been a booby monster today :haha: and she is looking less yellow now :happydance: she has her final MW checkup on Wednesday so hopefully she will have put on weight :thumbup:

The weightloss is going well, my appetite is teeny compared to before and I'm eating healthy stuff so hopefully it won't be too long until I'm in my skinny clothes again. I'm not actively dieting though so not goinng to stress out if it takes a while.

Stressful day with Dylan, just letting him bang wasn't working, his violence was appaling :cry: So we have changed tactics again and its really working, tantrums aren't lasting too long and he seems a lot happier. I hope this time it actually works, if he doesn't calm down with the bad behaviour and violence before OH goes back to work I don't know how I will cope :cry:

Wiggler:hugs: Will Dylan do naughty spot yet do you think? With my son that does work somewhat as well as counting down. It does pass though as soon as they get more understanding they get less frustrated. You will cope hun, you just have to no matter what:hugs: I have a 3yr old who is crazy hyper and constantly needing stimulation or he gets naughty 9thankfully preschool twice a week now lol), a nearly 2 year old who has discovered the word no:dohh: and a 6 going on 16 year old and i'm still here. Its tough when you're exhausted but it gets easier.

Hows today been with the neighbours hun? thats probably adding alot to you feeling a bit overwhelmed. lol at booby monster, Eilidh is on every hour right now:haha: Good luck for wednesday.

Inge :happydance: for Leo getting his appetite, thats great!

Eilidh gets her wellbaby check tomorrow now as well as the urine test. Not had anymore blood in her diaper so not really worried. Wonder if she's over 6lb yet!

Wiggler/Brandi, how much water you guys drinking for bfing? I'm drinking at least 3L but still doesn't seem enough.

I aim for 4 8oz glasses per day, at least but I find I'm needing more to quench my thirst. I've never had any issues with supply whether I drink water or not. My only issue is the cracking and bleeding.

I'm worried about Thursday and Friday. I have to return to school on Thursday and Friday to renew one of my certifications before I go back on placement. Anberlin won't take a bottle..at all. I can't bring her with me to school on those days and I'm going to be gone for 5 hours. I hope it's just me she won't take a bottle for, and that she'll take one from her Daddy. And oh boy will my pump be busy at the end of those 5 hours, lol. But maybe with 5 hours without "abuse" for two days my nipples can finally heal completely.

Mummy - Naughty spot is a no-go, he doesn't understand it properly. We put him in time out on the sofa until he calms down which works quite well.

Hmm water, I always forget :dohh: You just reminded me to make myself a big glass :haha:

Things with the neighbors are quiet since she decided to shout down all that abuse. No doubt they are up to something though, I reckon they have been back onto SS again, I'm getting jumpy every time the stupid phone rings :(

How is Eilidh doing?

Brandi - good luck for thursday and friday. I hope you get Anberlin to take a bottle :hugs:

Catching up with everything this morning. Just sat here waiting for my little man to wake up for a feed. Been asleep nearly 3 hours which is nice. Poor DH is shattered. He's been up all night with him and has had literaly no sleep. Even though i'm supposed to be on bed rest and its serious etc i feel so bad about it.

Josh is feeding anywhere between 1 to 4 hours and taking anything from 0.5 oz - 2.5 oz which i assume is ok? Is anyone else bottle feeding? Just be interested to see what other babies are drinking.

Been feeling a bit guilty about not breastfeeding even though its the right decision. Even the doctor said he would have been concerned if i was due to being ill and also having to use up so much energy and calories feeding Josh.

Wiggler- Glad your neighbours have been quieter. They really are evil aren't they! You are a strong women to cope with them :haha: At least if they phone SS you have nothing to hide and they will see that. The neighbours will end up being kept an eye on if nothing else!

Brandi- Good luck with getting her to take a bottle.

Hello ladies- good to see you :)
I'm up with one fussy little miss- seems to me like its gas :/ but her sister seems fine and settled :shrug:
Meow- my girls bottle feed most of the tie since we have to monitor their intake and fortify my breast milk. they drink about 1-1.5 oz every 3 hours or so... I know their intake will be totally different because they're preemies, but that should give you some point of reference?
Wiggler- stick to your guns, mama- you know it will be totally worth it in the end one he stops the bad behavior! And tell your neighbors to blow it out their rear ends!

hey - added your girls to the first post :thumbup:
Wiggler - weight loss already:dohh: My appetite isnt too good either but thats because im putting Leo first then realising Iv not had alot to eat. OH made me 2 chicken and cheese baguettes for breakfast as I was starving, he also made Leos bottles up and put the pushchair in the hall for me. Im taking Leo out into town for the first time alone later :wacko: I need to get more formula for him. Hes on roughly 3-4oz every 3-4hrs now :happydance: He only takes 4oz if hes really hungry at last feed at night or first feed in morning.
I want to buy some scales today so I can weigh myself but im fighting the urge:haha: I have some pasta cooked so later its BBQ chicken and sweetcorn pasta :thumbup:
Hoovered the bedroom and Leo slept through it :thumbup:

hi 16mummy :flower:
hope she makes an appearance soon :thumbup:
Urgh just heard from council. They told OH we could see the house thursday 330 but now they said they only have 1030 :dohh: No one available at that time to watch Leo so looks like I wont see the house :cry: am actually teary now :cry: I know OH wont remember to measure the windows and rooms like I wanted to, and I wont get a chance to look first :growlmad: This is the only bad point of having a new build house :nope:
Really hope we can find a sitter though

Hi ladies!
My Travis was born a little early on April 27th (due May 6)
We're doing pretty well, but breastfeeding is hard!! He's supposed to eat every 2 1/2 hours, but it takes him over an hour to eat so I feel like all I'm doing is feeding or pumping! It's 4:25 am here and I'm pumping as I type. I've had trouble keeping up with anything else lately, but I look forward to sharing new parenting with you all.

anyone recommend a good site for baby is __ old tickers? I need to change mine! I am luckily NOT 40 weeks and 4 days pregnant. I didn't even make it to 39 weeks.
Thanks.

Soph- I got mine from tickerfactory.com but type a search into Google and theres loads to choose from.
I agree with it being hard to BF. Leo would not latch on (he only used to headbutt my boob and wonder why nothing would come out:haha:) or if he did hed suck once and come off again. FF is alot easier with him but I still regret not being able to BF. I know as long as hes getting something its good though :thumbup:
Just noticed you were due may 6th and gave birth 27th april. I was due 7th may and gave birth 26th april :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Peanut2024
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->