May's Munchkins 2015

Today I got a flu shot and picked up my prescribed prenatals. I'm thinking of just getting an OTC prenatal with Dha and folic acid though because my prescription is $20 a month. I also changed my Ultrasound appt to Oct 3rd. By my calculations I'll be about 6w1d and hoping to see a heartbeat.

I got bloodwork done yesterday all of my Pregnancy stuff, RH factor, stds, etc. Also another beta and progesterone check but I've not heard back about it yet. I hope everything is well. Still not many symptoms. The only thing I've noticed is I am bloated, tired, and hungry more often than usual. My cramping and breast tenderness is few and far between.

The announcement idea is adorable. You all have awesome plans! If I do anything it'll be after 12wks and it'll probably be DD holding a sign or something. I'd definitely end up telling our immediate families before anything on facebook or anything though.

I hope everyone is well.

The nurse just called me and said my hCG is great but my progesterone is dropping a bit and is only just average so they prescribed suppositories just to be safe. They also asked if I wanted an early u/s which scared me because I thought it meant something was wrong. The nurse told me that it was just for my benefit. So I'm going in on Thursday and expect to only see a sac. Then again on the 3rd. I just hope that this works out. I think a phone call that was supposed to make me feel better just made me nervous.

Yes, I am feeling nervous about my second baby. My first was born prematurely as I developed preeclampsia at 32 weeks. I then lost another baby very early in June. So I'm nervous.

I am 20lbs lighter at the start of this pregnancy though, I'm eating better, and regularly exercising.

hope all goes well! I will be leaving here in about an hour to head out for my appointment so I am sitting here downing my water.. Always hated this part, it hurts to drink 32 ounces of water! lol I usually only do it until I get to the 16 week ultrasound.. then I will drink some water but not the whole 32 ounces.. never been a problem before! My dr says to do the 32 ounces of water an hour before until 30 weeks.. YEAH RIGHT! no way could I hold my pee for a whole hour at 30 weeks LOL

Oh goodness Imsotired, if my prenatals were only $20 a month...I won't tell you how much I spend on vitamins and supplements, but it's more than $20 a month ;)

I worked out again today, pulled something in my left thigh. It's not the whole quad, so probably a smaller supporting muscle. It was those darn front squats. I dislike front squats.

I don't see my doctor until the 13th of October (8 weeks according to LMP). I am thinking of switching doctors though, so I don't know.

Sid, I don't think I could physically drink 32 ounces! Impressive! Good luck at your scan!

Misspriss, sorry to hear about your thigh! My left hip is bothering me, ugh! At least yours is from working out. I am pretty sure mine is from sitting to long, ha.

I think we will tell our family at Canadian thanksgiving, Oct 11/12, when I am 7 weeks. I had really bad ms with my first though, and we live with DHs parents, so we might have to tell earlier if I get sick again. I felt a bit queasy two days ago but since then I've been fine. I don't really feel pregnant. It's still so early I guess. But, I'm sooo HUNGRY!! Before my BFP at work I was wondering why my normal breakfast didn't fill me up and I was so hungry 3 hrs before lunchtime! Today we went to the park and I brought a snack for dd but didn't think to bring anything for myself and an hour after breakfast I was hungry again. Guess I need to be packing snacks!

I am a bit worried about ms, and about getting GD again :(. Anyone have that before too? Hoping I don't get it again. Trying not to think about mc.

I have my drs appt Thursday, 4+6 and I think I'll have a dating scan before 10 weeks. Not sure though, we'll see! Hopefully my LMP is close and they don't bump me back :). It's possibly I'm a few days ahead by LMP.

$20 covers 6 months of prenatal for me and that's over the counter ones.

We have extended benefits so my dr prescribes those blue and pink ones and I only pay 20% of the cost. And then the calcium and iron are separate so they are absorbed better. But I remover they made me sooo sick last time! Just taking a b complex that includes folic now until I get a prescription Thursday!

I had my RN registration type appointment today. I finally got an OB, but they don't want to see my until October 30th (12w4d). That's going to be a looooong wait! I thought I'd be getting a dating/viability ultrasound around 9-10 weeks, but since they saw a heartbeat on the one I had last week they said I don't need one. I really hope I'll be able to pick up a heartbeat on my doppler in a couple weeks to reassure me!

Sid, I don't think I could physically drink 32 ounces! Impressive! Good luck at your scan!

Misspriss, sorry to hear about your thigh! My left hip is bothering me, ugh! At least yours is from working out. I am pretty sure mine is from sitting to long, ha.

Oh yes, and right after I worked out I went to the chiropractor (told him I was expecting! First other than family person that I know that I told...) So my hips are in ship shape, hope to keep them that way!

We have extended benefits so my dr prescribes those blue and pink ones and I only pay 20% of the cost. And then the calcium and iron are separate so they are absorbed better. But I remover they made me sooo sick last time! Just taking a b complex that includes folic now until I get a prescription Thursday!

I have never heard of blue and pink ones. I take a prenatal multi (has iron) so I take a separate calcium supplement, as well as fish oil, vitamin D, and magnesium...I'll admit it, it comes out to about $50/month. Worth it though if I stay healthy.

You take blue in the morning and pink at night I think? I too agree vitamins are worth the $$ misspriss!!

Where is everyone located? I'm in Vancouver Canada :)

The nurse just called me and said my hCG is great but my progesterone is dropping a bit and is only just average so they prescribed suppositories just to be safe. They also asked if I wanted an early u/s which scared me because I thought it meant something was wrong. The nurse told me that it was just for my benefit. So I'm going in on Thursday and expect to only see a sac. Then again on the 3rd. I just hope that this works out. I think a phone call that was supposed to make me feel better just made me nervous.

I'm on the suppositories too. So far all is well and I saw a heartbeat!

I had a really bad experience at work today. I'm just really upset by the whole thing. I work at a college health center so lots of germs! I tried to get my flu shot but of course disclosed (very obviously discretely) to one of the nurses that I'm pregnant and breastfeeding. She asks how far along I am and I tell her 5 weeks and that we aren't telling anyone yet. She proceeds to walk away to check their policy and then say two separate times in a public place how they can't give me the shot in my first trimester. Now all the nursing staff knows I'm pregnant and I wasn't planning on telling my supervisor until I was in second tri (she was very unsupportive of my first pregnancy). I just kept repeating to stop talking about it and that we aren't telling anyone yet. I'm just so mad that she talked about it openly with all the other nurses there when I specifically said I hadn't told anyone yet. Like.. I literally haven't told my own mother and now 5 of the people I work with know. ARGH! I'm so mad. Oh, and I didn't even get the shot so all that for nothing!! I think someone needs to review HIPAA....

Just got back from the dr a little bit ago! Baby measures 8 weeks and 5 days which puts me at April 30th but because its so close to May 2nd they are sticking with May 2nd as the "official" due date. Baby looked great, heart rate was 173!! (Point girl! :D) there was a subcorionic hemorrhage :( dr didn't seem concerned, I had one last pregnancy too but I will have a follow up at 12 weeks to have it checked on, other than that everything is good so far :)

here is our announcement photo!

https://i61.tinypic.com/iztftj.png

You take blue in the morning and pink at night I think? I too agree vitamins are worth the $$ misspriss!!

Where is everyone located? I'm in Vancouver Canada :)

I'm also in Vancouver! :) There aren't so many Canadians here.

Glad to hear everyone's scans are going well.

I'm Canadian. From just outside Toronto! �

Wow lots of Canadians :). We had 4 in my last group... Vancouver, Calgary, Regina, and Toronto :).

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JTom
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->