May's Munchkins 2015

I'm from Philadelphia in the US :)

Anyone else sooo thirsty?? I drank more than I usually do today and was still thirsty. And I honestly usually pee twice a day and today it was like 5 times.

Also I decided to test again, yay for progression. Don't know if it really means anything but I have a few tests so what the heck :)

Eta: bottom is 36 hrs after top.

https://i64.photobucket.com/albums/h185/reiko_caps/DF6C0C38-090D-42FB-A4DA-42A0ACB4FF1D.jpg

Wow Kiss, that sucks, you 'd think a nurse knows better!

Yay for all the scans, looking good ladies!

:hi: Would love to join you ladies. I am due May 28. I live in Michigan and this is my 8th pregnancy. Very cautiously excited but looking forward to meeting everyone.:flower:

Love your announcement SJD! And the red hair!! I have 5 nieces and nephews with red hair. So cute!

:hi: Would love to join you ladies. I am due May 28. I live in Michigan and this is my 8th pregnancy. Very cautiously excited but looking forward to meeting everyone.:flower:

Welcome! I'm originally from MI, but live in WI now. :)

You take blue in the morning and pink at night I think? I too agree vitamins are worth the $$ misspriss!!

Where is everyone located? I'm in Vancouver Canada :)

I'm from Pennsylvania (US). :)

I go in for bloodwork and paperwork today. How is everyone getting scans so early? I'm pretty sure I won't get one until 20 weeks. :(

You take blue in the morning and pink at night I think? I too agree vitamins are worth the $$ misspriss!!

Where is everyone located? I'm in Vancouver Canada :)

I'm from Pennsylvania (US). :)

I go in for bloodwork and paperwork today. How is everyone getting scans so early? I'm pretty sure I won't get one until 20 weeks. :(

I'm in Arkansas.

I heard that a lot, but most places around here do a "dating" scan around 8-10 weeks and then your anatomy scan at 18-20 weeks. If you get the NT scan it's at 12 weeks...I think until very recently you only got the 1, but now having at least 2 is becoming standard. I don't think I need a "dating" scan though, I'm pretty sure of my dates.

misspriss - This time around they called it a "dating" scan, but last time around they did one just to make sure that they saw a heartbeat and it was the appropriate size and all. I think for most women it's more of a viability scan than a dating scan.

I live near the twin cities in mn kategirl! DH and I are both originally from WI :)

I am also from Canada! Northern BC. With my first pregnancy I should have only had a 18-20 week scan. Since I had complications I had about 4-5 scans but this time I was informed they are changing the way things are done. I was told my first appt. would be around 8 weeks and I would be sent for a dating scan. Very strange as I know others pregnant and they haven't done this yet so must be very new here. I have no idea what to expect this pregnancy as I am doubtful I will receive regular treatment with having a preemie before. The only reason they found issues last time was from the u/s so I won't be surprised if I am sent for a few extra scans again to be monitored. I can't wait to see baby though!

Count down till my next scan 6days! I'm overly excited!! Meet my midwife on Friday too. I'm slowly getting more and more excited about this pregnancy just hope it's good new at my next scan.

Help! I've got to dress up this weekend with got a family party a lot of my dresses are fitted how am I meant to hide the bloated bump.. I'll be 7weeks 1day I shouldn't have a bump! All our family are going and I can't even suck it in! It just there!!! Help

Just wanted to check in - had my first OB appointment today and it was LOOONG. I was there over 3 hours! Since I wasn't positive of my dates and since I'm breastfeeding, the doc ordered an ultrasound - yay. :) Lovely to hear the heartbeat. I'm measuring 7w6d with an updated EDD of May 7 - Rachelle, could you change for me? Thanks. We're staying team yellow though I'm convinced this one is a boy.

The plan is to get Maternity21 testing in 3 weeks, and then anatomy ultrasound ~ 18 weeks. The doc doesn't see a need to do the nuchal thickness ultrasound / triple screen labs since all issues should be covered by those other two tests.

I switched OB practices, and I'm happy. I like this doc - and he blessed a VBAC and midwife care if I so desire. :)

Happy and Healthy 9 months to you all!

Just got a new appointment with a new OB, November 3rd. My OB, who I am thinking I will fire, I have an appointment Oct 13, but I may go ahead and cancel that...

Misspriss, what happened with your old ob? I don't think I could wait till November! I would fire after the first scan, lol.

Kiss, I am so sorry! That is beyond frustrating!

I am from Austin, Texas.

Hello all. I have been reading through all of your posts for ages now but haven't posted for ages- sorry!

It so lovely to hear how you are all getting on. Everyone who is having early scans you are so lucky!!

How is everyone feeling symptom wise?

I got my 12 week as an date though today - October 30th, seems like forever away! I'm absolutely terrified though!!!

Hope u r all doing well xxx

Misspriss, what happened with your old ob? I don't think I could wait till November! I would fire after the first scan, lol.

Kiss, I am so sorry! That is beyond frustrating!

I am from Austin, Texas.

Well, when pregnant with DS, I went to OB1 for first appt. Got a scan, but decided to go with midwifery care and have homebirth. At 32 weeks my BP went up and trace protein urine, so I had to find an OB fast. OB1's office was really rude when I informed them I was moving to a midwife. I found OB2 because he could fit me in on that Monday afternoon. I was admitted to the hospital for monitoring, 24 hr urine came back severe and I was induced that night, two days later I had a c-section with OB2. He was pretty nice I guess, but I've never really liked him. I have no complaints particularly, just his bedside manner is kind of...standoffish? But he didn't really know me either. He took great care of me, for just being dropped in his lap. I saw him at my 6 week checkup and 1 annual exam since and I just don't feel 100% comfortable with him. He did seem supportive of VBAC right after my section, but I've seen online twice where he's pulled a "bait and switch" with the VBAC. Also, his internal checks were extremely painful, one of the worst parts of labor. I think he just had big hands? I just don't particularly care for him, I'm not sure why. He was a good doctor when I needed him and not mean or anything, but I am just not feeling it :shrug:

OB3 (who I am seeing in Nov) comes HIGHLY recommended for natural births and VBACs. She is a woman, where OB1 and OB2 were men. So I want to at least try her out. It's a bit harder to get into her office because she is popular, so that is why the appointment is so far out. Well that and I made my first appt a couple weeks ago. I will be 10 weeks at the Nov appointment, which is perfectly fine with me. I don't plan to get a dating scan anyway, I'm sure about my dates and I like to minimize ultrasound exposure as much as possible.

Just wanted to check in - had my first OB appointment today and it was LOOONG. I was there over 3 hours! Since I wasn't positive of my dates and since I'm breastfeeding, the doc ordered an ultrasound - yay. :) Lovely to hear the heartbeat. I'm measuring 7w6d with an updated EDD of May 7 - Rachelle, could you change for me? Thanks. We're staying team yellow though I'm convinced this one is a boy.

The plan is to get Maternity21 testing in 3 weeks, and then anatomy ultrasound ~ 18 weeks. The doc doesn't see a need to do the nuchal thickness ultrasound / triple screen labs since all issues should be covered by those other two tests.

I switched OB practices, and I'm happy. I like this doc - and he blessed a VBAC and midwife care if I so desire. :)

Happy and Healthy 9 months to you all!

How's breastfeeding while pregnant going for you? My nurling is one and we've already had a few issues with my nipple tenderness. I also think my supply has decreased quite a bit. She is nursing a lot more so I think she's getting less. Bummer as there's nothing you can do about it if it's due to hormonal changes. The fatigue this pregnancy is worse for me, I think due to also breastfeeding. It's tough keeping up with water intake, too!! Do you plan to tandem nurse??

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JTom
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->