May's Munchkins 2015

How does everyone plan on announcing there pregnancy and when? My family aren't going to be very happy on the news they really dislike my partner... But his family will be over the moon. We've got a family gathering in the middle of October think we will tell his then maybe when we have everyone together. Then mine will probably get a phone call... Don't think I could tell them face to face on my own and take the negative comments

I'm not doing any big announcement or anything, I have been through so much the last 3 years I just want to keep everything low key. After I get past 12 weeks I will just tell people as and when I speak to them or if it becomes relevant. I need to tell all my clients (who will be affected by my leave) before they find out from third parties, and I can't tell clients until I have cover arranged for them for next year when I will be on mat leave, so I will need to spend some time talking to work colleagues about who can pick up what, which will take a few weeks. Also it is my son's birthday about the same time as first tri ends and I don't want everyone talking about the new baby when it is his special time. I am not planning to tell my son until I can't hide it, so another reason not to make any announcements as I don't want him overhearing or being told by someone else. I don't want him to know too soon, in case anything goes wrong and also because he doesn't really have much concept of time so telling him and then expecting him to wait 6 months will be difficult for us all!

So maybe a bit bah humbug but I'm not one for the big reveal anyway, I won't be having a baby shower, didn't with my son, not really something we do here in North West UK anyway to be honest. And I have everything I need.
X

I'm having an ultrasound at 2pm today, I'm 8 weeks. Keeping everything crossed that there will be a heartbeat... X

Hi picksbaby - We did not bring our daughter, left her at the babysitters...there is just far too much to get into at the clinic! We did get a picture bubs is really just a stick at this point, with a lovely large yolk sac!

We have already told our parents, siblings and a few close friends, everyone is overjoyed. We will wait until 12 weeks to announce on facebook...

It is super reassuring to see bubs floating around in there...wish I could have an us every day. We will have to wait 3 weeks for the next which happens to be the same day we meet the midwife. Can't wait! I wasn't able to get a midwife my last pregnancy so this time I applied as soon as my second beta came back.

Attachments

• us6w3d.jpg
    us6w3d.jpg
    23.6 KB · Views: 6
captainj - good luck at your ultrasound today. Can't wait to hear about it!

For my in-person, family announcements, we will have my one year old daughter wear a shirt that says: There's a turkey in Mommy's oven! We will be seeing everyone for Thanksgiving (a US holiday where we eat turkey - this year it's on November 27). I will be 14.5 weeks then. I'd tell family sooner but that's the next time we will see everyone as we live out of town!

For my Facebook announcement, I'm planning on having my family picture taken with a big pumpkin (daddy), a slightly smaller pumpkin (mommy), a small pumpkin (daughter), and a tiny baby pumpkin (for baby, obviously) as say, "We're adding another pumpkin to our patch! Coming May 2015."

I may have thought about this a lot... haha

Oh, and my first u/s will be on Oct 22 when I am 9+3. :)

kiss your announcement plans are so cute!! Very well thought out and planned!

whattoexpect awww look at your little bub, there amazing. I can't wait till my next scan. I'm counting down the days first tri really drags!

I'm ready for happy and excited 2nd tri now. 1st tri is exciting but scary at the sametime I hope I relax more when 2nd tri hits.

Has anyone looked into getting a Doppler?

https://i116.photobucket.com/albums/o10/Black_Gryphon/Mobile%20Uploads/IMG_20140922_151925_zps666911c4.jpg

This is ours.

I have a doppler. Love it! Last time I could hear the heartbeat for the first time around 10+5.

How does everyone plan on announcing there pregnancy and when? My family aren't going to be very happy on the news they really dislike my partner... But his family will be over the moon. We've got a family gathering in the middle of October think we will tell his then maybe when we have everyone together. Then mine will probably get a phone call... Don't think I could tell them face to face on my own and take the negative comments

I have an announcement made up that I will show you guys later today! It has a picture of my older two together, then one of my daughter in her I'm going to be a big sister shirt (though you can really only see the sister part.. lol) and my son has a sign saying April 2015 (since I'm due sooo early in May I suspect the baby will be early but who knows) I have my first ultrasound this afternoon :) If all goes well I will text a picture to some family and then post our announcement to facebook for everyone else.

I thought about getting one but this is our last baby and I probably won't really need it once I start feeling kicks regularly..so I don't want to spend a lot on it..

I don't get an us for a while either. My first appt with my midwife is on Monday and we will hopefully hear the heartbeat. I will be 8w+4. After that appt I'll ask for the early scan between weeks 11-13 so I don't have to wait until 20 weeks!

Everyone's announcements are such cute ideas. I've already told my mom, 2 younger sisters and best friend. One of my sisters was in town from Denver for my brothers wedding and just happened to be sharing a bathroom With me... I figured she would figure it out if I didn't tell her. I'm trying to get my husband to ask his parents to come down for a weekend, but I might just text them and his brothers a pic of Ruby in a big sis shirt after our appt.

For our big announcement on Facebook we are probably going to make a chalkboard similar to this picture. I can't wait to tell everyone, but I want to make sure everything is going well first!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    52.9 KB · Views: 13
Wow! Everyone's announcement ideas are so cute! I need to get on it, lol. Our first scan is Friday and dd's first birthday is Monday so we will probably tell family then if all is well Friday. Not sure how we will tell them yet though! I may steal that checklist idea, soooo cute!

I had my second scan today, baby is measuring small but that's ok this early on so they've left me EDD the same for now. Hopefully get exact dates at the next scan in a few weeks.

We did see a heartbeat :D

Here's our baby :)
https://i1082.photobucket.com/albums/j361/AllBeauty20/Mobile%20Uploads/20140923_150951.jpg

We aren't announcing until 24 weeks, my parents already know but the rest of the world can wait.

I'm having an ultrasound at 2pm today, I'm 8 weeks. Keeping everything crossed that there will be a heartbeat... X

Good luck today!

My first appt is Monday and US will be at 7 weeks. We already told my parents, my sister, my husband's Mom, Grandma and siblings. Everyone is over the moon!! :)

We told my MIL by showing her around the new house we just bought and then taking her into the baby room last and telling her what it was. She didn't get it so I had to say, "In May!" Then she got it, lol. It was fun so we'll do the same with my parents tomorrow. DH decided to text his brothers. Men! My brother is coming to visit Thursday so I'll tell him in person and then we'll let our parents spread the news to extended family after 2nd tri, maybe around Thanksgiving. I assume DH will call his grandparents to tell them then. I have a few more friends I want to tell after my 8 week appointment and the rest I will call/email/tell as we see them after 2nd tri. I won't announce on Facebook probably until New Years. I'm not very active on there at all so it won't be an issue.

I love everyone's announcement ideas. So much creativity and cuteness! We're gonna wait as long as we can to announce because we're both pretty nervous of something going wrong. Hopefully we'll see heartbeats at the second ultrasound and can begin to feel more relaxed and hopeful. I'm guessing twins may make things obvious sooner than we'd like so maybe I should start thinking about announcements too. I'm already feeling so chubby and bloated!

Good luck at your u/s today, captainj1! We'll all be thinking of you.

Great scan, xMissxZoiex!

Congrats on the scans ladies, beautiful pics. I had mine today and all looked great, measuring 8w+5 and could see head and all 4 limbs and nice strong heartbeat was seen and heard. I have pics but have not uploaded them from the memory stick yet. I'm so relieved that all looks well, and that there is just the one in there - phew!
Xx

Hey Ladies,
Haven't been very active on here but just wanted to say congrats to everyone and hopefully everyone is doing good.

How is everyone feeling lately? My morning sickness has officially arrived again right on time. My last pregnancy was between 6-7 weeks and this started just before 6 weeks. I was able to get a prescription yesterday for it so hopefully that helps. My last pregnancy I actually lost weight because I was sick right up until the day I delivered. My first prenatal appt. will be October 10th which will make me 9 weeks. I can't wait! I have so many questions and concerns for my doctor as my last pregnancy I was low in fluid which ended in a premature birth. Anyone else feeling nervous about their 2nd baby?

Anyone else feeling nervous about their 2nd baby?

I am not feeling nervous about the baby yet. Of course I hope there is a heartbeat at the 7 week ultrasound and there is some uncertainty on whether this will last but nothing out of the norm. I am more nervous about having a 2nd child. How the heck am I going to handle two at one time? LOL That is what I am most nervous about. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JTom
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->