May's Munchkins 2015

Anyone else in the UK seen their midwife and got their scan date yet? I was told to wait for the midwife to ring me and I've not heard yet. Am 8+2 now and would've thought I'd have heard by now!?!

Can't believe how many twins there are - wow!!

I've been feeling rough as anything and am exhausted! Can't wait to start feeling slightly more normal again.

It varies from region to region and even practice to practice. Mine see's you at 8-10 weeks and I can't remember when you get your scan date, I just know its on a Thursday and the receptionist at the hospital is rude.

Here in South Africa we are lucky enough to have private medical aid, so i see a gynie/ob at a private hospital, I think u have a scan every month till about 8 months then u see doc weekly. There are very few people who use midwives though there is a push to make it more. The free medical on the government here is shocking very thankful i dont have to use it, so many horror stories know someone who lay in a hospital bed for 2 months with a broken leg before they operated to repair it, so would hate to know what having a baby would be like.. Already seen my doc at 4 weeks after some spotting next scan on 7 October, hoping there is a heartbeat and everything ok then, will be 9 weeks then..

American ladies (I know things are done very differently in other countries): when do you plan to (or when did you) get your flu shot? My work is giving me a hard time and I don't see my ob for a month. Getting it first tri really is okay, right???

I'm getting one in first tri. My OB last time wanted me to, and the RN I saw Tuesday for intake specifically mentioned I should. Though she did mention that it would be better for me to get a preservative free one (I said my work did them, and she told me to come get one done at the clinic if there's weren't preservative free).

I also have to get a TB test (due to work), which I know some OB's care about. Mine didn't last time, but when I got it done with my first pregnancy I miscarried the next week. I don't think they were in any way related, but it kind of makes me a little nervous just because of the memories.

I did call my OB a couple days ago and they said it was fine (as long as it was the inactive kind - which the shots are.. the nasal spray is the active one). But my work is still really giving me a hard time and saying I need written permission from my OB saying it's okay for me to get 5 weeks pregnant AND while breastfeeding. Their reaction was making me nervous because I have always thought it was a no-brainer to just the flu shot while pregnant!!!

I have my appointment on Monday with my midwife. I'm assuming she will give me the flu shot then, but I'm breastfeeding as well. I got one with dd, but that was in the 3rd tri.

I used the same midwife group with my last pregnancy and had an amazing experience. They are located in one of the better hospitals in our area, which is where I will deliver. It's nice peace of mind to know I'll be in a hospital if anything were to go wrong.

I've heard too many horror stories about dr.s who push things on you, so that's why I chose to go with midwives. And my insurance covers them since they are based at a hospital.

Hi Ladies,

I'm from Ontario Canada and here we have the option to either have a Midwife or OB. Unfortunately there are only so many midwifes that it is very difficult to get one. With my previous pregnancy I applied at 6 weeks once i saw the heartbeat and it was already full with a waiting list that I never heard back from. If you do not plan on a home birth it is nearly impossible to get one.

This time i applied right after my second beta and was still put on a waiting list but managed to get a midwife. I am so excited!!

I really wanted a natural un-medicated birth last time even studied hypno-birthing but once I hit 9cm I was exhausted and afraid and ended up with an epidural. I know if I would have had proper support I would have had my med-free birth.

That is my plan for this time long as everything goes well.

The reason that I have so many ultrasounds is because I used fertility treatments to get pregnant, they do the early scan (around 6 weeks) to check on number of babies mostly and to make sure everything looks good. I will have another at 9 weeks, then 12 for the NT testing then probably not until 19 when we get the anomoly testing done. Last time I did the 3d ultrasound to find out the sex. Will be doing that again for sure. Was so amazing. I had one final ultrasound at around 36 weeks to check baby's size...there was really no concern, my ob said i could have one and any chance to check out bubba i jumped at.

Congrats Kazy!

I'll be getting my flu shot at my 8 week appointment next week.

Im not sure if I am getting a flu shot. Ill also be having my baby with my OB, who is awesome, in a hospital. I definitely dont want to have my baby at home, just because I dont think its a sanitary as a hospital, even though my home is spotless. I love midwives and think they are great. We had our scan is baby is measuring right at 8 weeks + and hb was 146!! We are excited and blessed!

Yay that's wonderful news mrsk! My dd was always around 145-150. Maybe it's a girl :)

I am getting the flu shot at my 12 week apt. That's when my doc said they have it available. I am sure sooner is fine.

We have our ultrasound tomorrow morning. I am so excited and terrified at the same time. Haven't had any symptoms for like a week and its scary.

We got a cold here :(. Was feeling it last night and it's full blown this morning. DD has had it for a few days. I think I remember I got a cold around 5 weeks with my first too. Hope it is ok.

Picks we will be getting an early gender scan! The earliest you can get one done round here is 16+3 so if we get there we will be doing it on 16+3 :D I had one last time at 17+3 because we could get everyone's schedules to match until then but it was amazing we got some great 4D images of Leo

I'm planning to stay team yellow this time! :) Don't know if I'll have the willpower or not but that's the plan!

I'm forgetting who just wrote about wanting a med free birth last time and want to try again.. but I highly recommend a doula! I didn't think I'd be able to do a med-free birth but I was with my doula's help. I firmly believe I wouldn't have been able to with her.

We got a cold here :(. Was feeling it last night and it's full blown this morning. DD has had it for a few days. I think I remember I got a cold around 5 weeks with my first too. Hope it is ok.

Kellya, I got a horrible cold (even with a fever) the day I turned 5 weeks wih my daughter. It was pretty lousy for about two weeks, but I got through it. I caught something around 6 weeks this time, but it was super mild. I hope you feel better soon!

Anyone else in the UK seen their midwife and got their scan date yet? I was told to wait for the midwife to ring me and I've not heard yet. Am 8+2 now and would've thought I'd have heard by now!?!

Can't believe how many twins there are - wow!!

I've been feeling rough as anything and am exhausted! Can't wait to start feeling slightly more normal again.

It varies from region to region and even practice to practice. Mine see's you at 8-10 weeks and I can't remember when you get your scan date, I just know its on a Thursday and the receptionist at the hospital is rude.

Our midwife sees you at 8 weeks. That's when you get booked in and your scan letter should follow soon after. That's how it works here but probably varies within the UK!

Had an ultrasound today to 'make sure pregnancy was in the right spot, check progress with my dates, and reassure me' according to my doctor. Everything measured fine at 5w2d, so right in between my lmp and when I thought I ovulated. Obviously it's too early for a heartbeat but I was happy with what I saw. Because I am on the crinone, the doctor is no longer concerned about my progesterone but is still going to do another few rounds of bloodwork to be certain that hCG is rising accordingly. It seems that they are taking lots of precautions and monitoring me closely which makes me feel better due to my recent loss. I have another ultrasound scheduled for next Friday and some more blood work coming up so fx'd for a heartbeat and good rising!

I am from PA. I too am a little concerned about having an almost 2.5yr old and a newborn but many women have done it so I think we'll make do as well. As for symptoms I'm still only having very few but being 5w2d is early and there is plenty of time for them to show up.

I hope all is well!

Sigh,

I had my second when my first was 26 months old. It wasn't as tough as I thought it would be. It's amazing how quickly every one adapts and how soon every thing just feels normal.

If my second comes on his due date, my first will be 26 months.

I'm kind of surprised my doctor didn't ask to see me any earlier than he would for a normal pregnancy with my previous loss, but they just said we'll see you at 8-10 weeks. I then decided to go with another provider and they can't even get me in until 10+3!

No blood tests, no progesterone checks, no supplements, not a peep from the doctor. Not even to ask if I wanted blood work or anything.

My first one will be 27 months when this one comes around. I know it will be a bit crazy, but I really don't think there's a perfect time.

My doctor wasn't going to do anything diffeent for me because of the loss last month (or my first loss), but I think it did help convice them to do some betas and an early ultrasound when I also had bleeding. Normally they said they don't for bleeding unless it's both very heavy and lasts over a week (which would signal potentially a partial miscarriage) or with lots of pain (which could mean ectopic).

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->