May's Munchkins 2015

My OB with my first never "confirmed" my pregnancy until I came in for my 8 weeks appointment and she did an internal scan quickly as part of the appointment. As long as I had a positive HPT, that's all they cared about.

This time around, I had to get a positive urine test at the clinic before they'd let me schedule any appointments. I got a negative on the first one even though I had several positive HPTs (including a digi), and the nurse basically said that their tests were horrible for early detection and that HPTs are essentially never wrong unless you're taking certain hormonal medications to try to get pregnant.

Secret May babies facebook group anyone???

Send me a private message with your name and email address. I'll add you on facebook and add you to the group! :)

Mrsmandy I agree, I'm also from the UK and no one has confirmed my pregnancy either! I find it really strange. I think the first confirmation I'll get is my 12 week scan! I sometimes wandering if I've imagined the whole thing!!!

The group IS secret, so if you've not announced it, don't worry. No one will be able to see it :)

Wow its been a few days since i caught up!!
Congrats on more twins - looks like may is the month for twins!!

To the lady who asked about midwive in the uk - its standard here. unless theres a problem you will only see a midwife. consultants come in if
you have any issues.

I had an appointment with my gp at bout 5weeks where they did nothing and told me to book an appointment with midwife. i saw her wed at bout 7.4 weeks and even she did very little - tried to take blood but couldnt get a vien so just said they'll do it at the hospital when i go for my 12 week scan - no one has even confirmed that i am pregnant!! I just have my two sticks that i peed on to tell me there is a bean in there (well that and the nausia cramping and lack of period! ;) )

Did they not even take a sample of your urine??

Well I took a sample with me but they said they will send it off to check for infections, they didn't test it there to check I actually was pregnant!
I think the UK system is quite hands off unless there's a problem! Which in some ways is nice - but I would like to have it all confirmed!!

But.....Got home from work and I have a letter inviting me to my ultrasound on 17th October!!!!! Sooooo excited!!!!! :happydance: :happydance: :happydance:

Cab I join ladies in due 23rd May :)) got my Bfp yesterday !!
DD is 2.5 years old now so excited give her a play mate !!

Hi emma4g63! :wave: Congratulations!!

Welcome Emma!

We had our 8 week scan. Lil peanut it measuring right on! 162 heart rate...the sweetest sound!

Then had my daughters one year apt right after. She cries when the nurse walks in cause she knows shots. It's so sad!

Secret May babies facebook group anyone???

Send me a private message with your name and email address. I'll add you on facebook and add you to the group! :)

Just sent you a pm. 😀

My first will be 8 years old by the time baby comes, and DD will be 14 months, so just missing out on Irish twins, but I think I'll have my hands full by then.

Hi all can I join please :) I'm pregnant with rainbow baba #5. I had a mc in July and then got pregnant with my rainbow bean :). I'm due 17th May . I had a scan yesterday and little bean measured 6and half week ( spot on my ovulation date) and had a strong heartbeat :) :) xx

I had a bit of pink spotting Sunday night after a bm. I just had a scan today and all was well and lil peanut had a great hb. I know it is hard not to worry, but pink is common! I hope you are able to get an early scan to put your mind at ease.

OMG I feel like a bloated piggy!! People are asking me if I'm pregnant!!!!! How am I already showing with this one?!?!?!?!

I had a bit of pink spotting Sunday night after a bm. I just had a scan today and all was well and lil peanut had a great hb. I know it is hard not to worry, but pink is common! I hope you are able to get an early scan to put your mind at ease.

I thought it was pink but it's more brownish pinkish which doesn't worry me as much. But my low back is hurting too which is a little worrisome. Getting bloods on Monday and scan on Wednesday... Hopefully they say something reassuring at the scan but usually they say nothing and you have to wait till your drs appt for the results! It's only a small amount of blood so nothing to warrant a trip to the emergency... Hope it stops soon. I never had any spotting at all with my first! So this is scary for me :/

OMG I feel like a bloated piggy!! People are asking me if I'm pregnant!!!!! How am I already showing with this one?!?!?!?!

haha I have a client who was a ob nurse for 40 years. she took one look at me, and goes "how far along are you", I'm like whooa I'm only 6 weeks (this was a couple of weeks back)!!! lol I kinda look bigger too...im with ya!!

I bled on and off (enough for a liner) with my first and had no issues. Brown and pinkish just like you described. Try to relax and take it easy!

AHHHH we just came up with the best idea ever!!! I think this is how we will announce on facebook now. So we are pretty big seattle seahawks fans....(american football for those of you not in the us) and they have this thing with the "12th man" So I'm gonna paint my belly with 12 weeks on it in blue and green, because it will be in the heart of the season!!! PREFECT!!!! I'm so excited for this idea!!!!!!!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->