May's Munchkins 2015

My daughter will be five and a half. I find it quite a big age gap but it's what I always wanted to be able to give my daughter everything before another sibling took over. She's not had to fight for attention and now I think she will enjoy being the big sister a lot more.

My views are probably from my own up bringing I didn't feel any child had enough me time with my parents. There was always another child crying for attention

I have my first midwife appointment tomorrow though it was rather early at 6weeks 6days!

My first will be just under 21 months. We wanted 2 under 2 as both me and dh grew up with siblings less than 2 years older

My daughter will be 19.5 months when this one comes. I am nervous but excited they will be close in age.

My DD will be 20 months when #2 arrives! Eek!

My daughter will be five and a half. I find it quite a big age gap but it's what I always wanted to be able to give my daughter everything before another sibling took over. She's not had to fight for attention and now I think she will enjoy being the big sister a lot more.

My views are probably from my own up bringing I didn't feel any child had enough me time with my parents. There was always another child crying for attention

It's kind of funny... I was an only child and didn't mind it at the time, but as I've gotten older I really wish I had a sibling. My husband has three siblings but all are much older, so he doesn't feel as connected to them. I think there are pluses and minuses no matter what the spacing is!

It's kind of funny... I was an only child and didn't mind it at the time, but as I've gotten older I really wish I had a sibling. My husband has three siblings but all are much older, so he doesn't feel as connected to them. I think there are pluses and minuses no matter what the spacing is!

Well, my older sister and I were 2 years apart. My younger sister was 6 years younger than me (8 than my sister). My older sister and I were best friends growing up, I didn't start talking to my little sister hardly at all until she was in high school.

Everyone I talked to with large gaps (7+ years) hated their siblings (Okay, I only talked to the people I work with, so not a lot of people...), most of them STILL don't get along with their siblings, even as adults! Everyone with close siblings had a pretty good relationship with them (myself included). However, on the flip side, I am no longer close with my older sister and am much closer with my younger sister as adults. I guess it just depends! :haha:

Well, my older sister and I were 2 years apart. My younger sister was 6 years younger than me (8 than my sister). My older sister and I were best friends growing up, I didn't start talking to my little sister hardly at all until she was in high school.

Everyone I talked to with large gaps (7+ years) hated their siblings (Okay, I only talked to the people I work with, so not a lot of people...), most of them STILL don't get along with their siblings, even as adults! Everyone with close siblings had a pretty good relationship with them (myself included). However, on the flip side, I am no longer close with my older sister and am much closer with my younger sister as adults. I guess it just depends! :haha:

My husband is 12 years younger than the oldest and 6 years younger than the last child before him (oddly enough, my father's siblings have the same exact spacing as my husband's except for the middle of te oldest three). He's closest to the sister who's 6 years older, but I think that's mostly due to personalities and lifestyles. My mom is only two years part fom her brother and they're friendly but not too close. I think you can never really tell!

Got my next appointment! Next Tuesday at 9+3. Hoping she will try to find heartbeat.

We told the family over the weekend and announced to Facebook earlier this week.

There was 17 months between my first daughter and my 2nd. With this baby my eldest will be just 5 basically(Feb) and my youngest will be almost 4.

I'm guessing this one will be born very close to DD's 2nd birthday. So they'll be 23.5ish months apart. My GP today said, you didn't waste Any time! I thought that was funny considering to me 2 years is the most common age gap? Our next will likely be a bit closer, 20 months maybe. I just need to be able to work for 6 months in between babies to qualify for mat leave.

Anyways had my first prenatal appt but she just ordered my dating scan and bloods. Since I've had a baby in the last 2 yrs she said we didn't need to order all the bloods, just hcg betas to help accurately date the pregnancy.

I have another appt with her after my US and then it's off to the maternity clinic as she doesn't deliver. I'm sad, she is the best dr :(

So my dating scan should be next week, around 5 or 6 weeks. I'm not sure of my dates. We didn't have a scan till 10 wks last time and saw a cute little baby. Guessing there's not much to look at at 6 weeks? Just wondering what we will see, and should dh come?

lol at 6 weeks its a circle with a little blob in it and you might see a lil white flicker. I took my DH - it's baby's 1st pictures :) I love the 10-12 week scans so much more. My DD was waving her arms around like she was doing the robot dance :)

We will have an 18 month gap between dd and this one. We wanted the first 2 close together. I'm a bit nervous about having 2 under 2. But it was meant to be and we will handle it! :)

My son will be 4 and a half and whilst clearly I have been trying for a while, now that it has finally happened, I am glad that there is a bigger age gap. DS has had 4 great years with the full attention of mummy and daddy and has developed so well. He's such a bright, loving, well behaved boy. And it is great that my 6 months of maternity leave will overlap towards the end with when DS starts school so I will be able to give some time to that and get him settled before I go back to work.

by the way ladies, I had my booking in appointment with the midwife this morning and we are going with the EDD based on my scan so my revised EDD is 30 April 2015. But hopefully I can still stay with the May Mummies?!

xxx

My first 2 are 18 months apart, a lot easier than I thought, been so worth it. This time around it will be 20 months apart, when baby comes oldest will be 3 years 2 months, then 20 months and a newborn. Slightly scary prospect but we'll get through it lol xx

Wow its been a few days since i caught up!!
Congrats on more twins - looks like may is the month for twins!!

To the lady who asked about midwive in the uk - its standard here. unless theres a problem you will only see a midwife. consultants come in if
you have any issues.

I had an appointment with my gp at bout 5weeks where they did nothing and told me to book an appointment with midwife. i saw her wed at bout 7.4 weeks and even she did very little - tried to take blood but couldnt get a vien so just said they'll do it at the hospital when i go for my 12 week scan - no one has even confirmed that i am pregnant!! I just have my two sticks that i peed on to tell me there is a bean in there (well that and the nausia cramping and lack of period! ;) )

To the lady who asked about midwive in the uk - its standard here. unless theres a problem you will only see a midwife. consultants come in if
you have any issues.

I had an appointment with my gp at bout 5weeks where they did nothing and told me to book an appointment with midwife. i saw her wed at bout 7.4 weeks and even she did very little - tried to take blood but couldnt get a vien so just said they'll do it at the hospital when i go for my 12 week scan - no one has even confirmed that i am pregnant!! I just have my two sticks that i peed on to tell me there is a bean in there (well that and the nausia cramping and lack of period! ;) )

Did they not even take a sample of your urine??

you have any issues.

Don't worry, no one has "confirmed" I'm pregnant either, but a BFP and lack of period are good enough for me! LOL

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->