May's Munchkins 2015

Hello everyone! Sorry to have been MIA all week! I've been swamped with finals and homework.. 2 of my classes ended this week, but I still have two more that will last another 2 weeks. So ready to move on and be done with the semester! But glad to havea good month to spend with my kids, homework free! I've felt so bad that homework consumes a lot of my life and my son is really craving attention lately :( my daughter asked to go to the park yesterday too but I had too much homework, I was up from 7:30 AM to about 11:45 pm doing homework =( so been trying to take it easy today and give them some attention while still getting a few easier assignments for the week done and out of the way. Definitely going to make the best of my break! We are going to go to the zoo and to Santa's workshop, a few other fun play areas around here, see some Christmas lights at a Mormon Temple near us (We aren't LDS but some of our family is, we've gone every year and its really beautiful to see all those lights!

This month is going to go by so fast!

Hope everyone who celebrated had a good holiday weekend! Time to get all the last minute Christmas shopping done!

Hi everyone! Wondering if I can late join ya? I'm due May 14 with baby number 3 :)

Welcome Meagan! Congrats on Baby #3! Sorry that you have been sick. Are you starting to feel better? I hope so!

I've had the stomach flu and was so dehydrated at one point that I nearly had to go to the hospital. On the upswing now though am still feeling pretty rough.

Oh no! Hope you are feeling better soon! I DREAD getting this while pregnant. We have had it the past two January's ever since I had my first. She seems to bring it home from day care. I am kind of just waiting for it to hit me. I have read though that if you get a fever you should tell your Dr. Not sure if that still applies in the 2nd Trimester though. Please feel better though! That is the type of sickness I wouldn't wish on my worst enemy!!

Thanks!

The diclectin has it mostly under control, I do have bad days. Scared to go off em though lol :)

I had the stomach flu twice with dd2, once when I was huge it was terrible! Feel better!

Cute announcement kiss!

I had just the stomach bug while pregnant with dd and it was a horrible 48 hours. I cannot even imagine flu!

I was suppose to have my flu shot at my last apt but was sick, so still haven't gotten it. So worried to get the flu!!!

Cute announcement kiss!

I had just the stomach bug while pregnant with dd and it was a horrible 48 hours. I cannot even imagine flu!

I was suppose to have my flu shot at my last apt but was sick, so still haven't gotten it. So worried to get the flu!!!

Thanks!

I had the stomach flu, not influenza. I actually got MY flu shot last week! :thumbup:

So I need to ask. Yesterday I noticed a little dried stuff on my nipple and so I scraped it and there was a little clear liquid that came out. I freaked out and was shocked so soon. So then I squeezed my boob and I got a little more than a drop out. These are my first babies, is this normal so soon? I'm 16+5. I was really happy because it's another tangible thing that I'm pregnant.

I also just look fat! I am overweight and if you know me you can see my belly has grown but it just looks like I put on 30lbs. I also feel fat. When does this turn around and you feel like you actually have a pregnant belly. I can see people staring at my belly probably trying to decide either if I'm pregnant or if I gained weight.

Hi all. I had an appt this morning and baby's heartbeat was found pretty quickly. Everything seems to be going well. I've got a head cold and I've had the occasional upset stomach but otherwise we're good. I've gained 5 lbs but it looks like a lot more. My belly always looks puffy and not very baby bumpish yet imo. I'm sure I'll just wake up one morning and it will be a noticeable baby belly as that's how it happened with my daughter. A little over a month until gender scan. Getting increasingly anxious.

I hope you are all well!!

Hello! Two questions...

1. Has anyone been experiencing awful headaches?! Of so, any remedies you want to share that have worked? I'm suffering for a terrible headache... It's going on two days now and so painful :)

2. Have any new first time moms to be felt the baby move, yet? I'm 16 weeks today, but haven't felt anything. Seems like this is normal, though?

Hello! Two questions...

1. Has anyone been experiencing awful headaches?! Of so, any remedies you want to share that have worked? I'm suffering for a terrible headache... It's going on two days now and so painful :)

2. Have any new first time moms to be felt the baby move, yet? I'm 16 weeks today, but haven't felt anything. Seems like this is normal, though?

I get occasional headaches too.I'm not sure where you are from but most women swear by a bit of caffeine and tylenol for headaches. Also make sure you're drinking plenty of water and getting rest when you need it.

I felt popping and fluttering with my first at 18 weeks but nothing strong until a few weeks after that, so feeling nothing at 16 wks is common. Even now i'm almost 15 weeks with my second and I've only felt a few pops that *might* be baby.

Hello! Two questions...

Tylenol and caffeine works for me if I get it when I feel the headache is coming. But later on I just put an ice pack on my forehead and hot water bottle for my feet and rest. It works in 90% of times :)

I have anterior placenta and I'm new to all pregnancy stuff but I think I can feel the baby now. It's not all the time though. The best way I can describe it as there's something that moves out of sink with my body. I stop and think - hey, what was that?! :D It's not a popping feeling for me, more like it's something wiggly there. You'll be feeling it in no time!

So I need to ask. Yesterday I noticed a little dried stuff on my nipple and so I scraped it and there was a little clear liquid that came out. I freaked out and was shocked so soon. So then I squeezed my boob and I got a little more than a drop out. These are my first babies, is this normal so soon? I'm 16+5. I was really happy because it's another tangible thing that I'm pregnant.

I also just look fat! I am overweight and if you know me you can see my belly has grown but it just looks like I put on 30lbs. I also feel fat. When does this turn around and you feel like you actually have a pregnant belly. I can see people staring at my belly probably trying to decide either if I'm pregnant or if I gained weight.

I had that with dd a few times during pregnancy too. Around 17 weeks was the first time so sounds about right.

With my first pregnancy i felt movement around 18 weeks and my stomach started looking like a bump around 20 weeks. Hopes this helps ladies!

For headaches I drink lotss of water and take a nap if I am able. Even 10-15 minutes helps so much!

I had a Dr Appointment today and we heard the baby's heartbeat! 156!

Also my BP was good, etc.

Also, we met with my doula yesterday, and I really like her.

I hear you on feeling fat!! I also just look like I gained a lot of weight but it really is noticeable in my belly. I have popped already! I just try and wear lots of bulky clothes to feel better.

I didn't feel my first baby until 22 weeks or so. With my second, I felt some movement/flutters around 12 weeks. I don't feel them that often but I have felt them. You get better with recognizing it the second time around.

I had the Materni21 test and we got the results today. Negative for Trisomy 21, 18 and 13. And it's a BOY! I am very much still in shock and mourning a bit the loss of another baby girl but thankful to have a healthy boy and that I do already have a girl. So a boy it is and I am slowly letting it sink in! :)

Hi ladies,

So glad to see so many good scans the last few days! I have definitely been dealing with headaches - seems for me that they coincide with big temperature changes or pressure changes. My doctor also recommended the tylenol and caffeine combo. I usually try just the caffeine and lots of water to see if I can kick it before I take the tylenol. It works most of the time and I've only had to take tylenol twice.

I'm also feeling pretty fat. I had to do some shopping this weekend for maternity clothes. But then at work today everyone is commenting on "my little bump" so maybe it's more in our heads that we just look fat when in fact we're looking pregnant? OR they're just being nice to me. lol!

We put the crib together this weekend! I bought it off craigslist because it is made by a company with our last name that I never knew existed and I couldn't pass it up! It's so gorgeous and I'm so pleased with it! It feels too early to have it up, but I also figure it's one less thing on the "to do" list for later!

We've got a scan this Friday to check my cervix length. Hoping that goes well, but also looking forward to another look at baby!

Hope you all have fantastic weeks!

Mitodc, is the scan to check cervix length abdominal or transvaginal? I am thinking on requesting one as I have felt a ton f pressure o the point of nausea and my cervix feels weird like there is something in it and it gets worse when I bend. I am afraid of having an incompetent cervix and would rather them check to put my mind at ease.

Mitodc, is the scan to check cervix length abdominal or transvaginal? I am thinking on requesting one as I have felt a ton f pressure o the point of nausea and my cervix feels weird like there is something in it and it gets worse when I bend. I am afraid of having an incompetent cervix and would rather them check to put my mind at ease.

I'm told it will be transvaginal. They're doing it every two weeks until 24 weeks because I had a cone biopsy when I was younger and that can contribute to an incompetent cervix. Definitely worth having them check it out if you're having those sensations! Just for peace of mind if nothing else.

Hi everyone! Glad to hear everyone is doing well. Atx - hope your OK, def go get that checked even if just for your own peace of mind!!

I have just gotten over a cold but have been left with a horrid chesty cough and obviously I can't take any medication for this - anyone had success with any home remedy's? I had the same last year and pulled a muscle in my ribs which I was heavily medicated for as it was agony - I'm worried the same thing will happen! :(

@Kristin: I'm a FTM as well and I haven't felt baby move yet. I will be 16 weeks tomorrow. But I've heard some women have to wait until 20 weeks or even longer.

@Curlymikes: Even before I got pregnant, I sometimes could squeeze a little drop out, so with all the pregnancy hormones, I'm sure this is normal.

Hi everyone! Glad to hear everyone is doing well. Atx - hope your OK, def go get that checked even if just for your own peace of mind!!

I have just gotten over a cold but have been left with a horrid chesty cough and obviously I can't take any medication for this - anyone had success with any home remedy's? I had the same last year and pulled a muscle in my ribs which I was heavily medicated for as it was agony - I'm worried the same thing will happen! :(

Thanks! I called today and they said that with each pregnancy after your first that everything will be lower, hence the pressure. She said a maternity belt will help, but I should be fine till my apt in two weeks but to call if it gets worse. Not much help, haha, but the pressure was gone this morning so maybe I just did too much yesterday and need to take it easy!

Well glad you've had your mind put at ease! Take it easy atx! Xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->