May's Munchkins 2015

I've found it pretty easy to find the names we love although I'm finding it difficult to be as passionate about any name like I was passionate for my sons! I love his name!! Any others on second+ babies having this??

Same for us too! We knew dd's name for years, lol. She's named after my grandma. We really like the names we have picked for this one, but not nearly as much as Ruby. :)

My gender scan is Dec 10!! Cant wait. I dreamed last night that I was having a boy, hubby wants a boy, so its probably another boy:haha:. In the dream, I was calling him Maysen. We wont tell friends and family what we are having though until the baby shower lol. Theyll have to wait.:winkwink:
omg you know what? i wondered if a gender reveal party was a part of the baby shower or if it was a separate party on its own. my mom told me its normally announced at the baby shower.
i have not had gender dreams except the week before i found out i was pregnant. i had a dream i walked into a really calming room(nursery acctually) and i knew right away that the baby in the blue blanket was my baby. i held them closely and my boyfriend was happy in the dream with me. because the blanket and baby hat was blue, it must have been a boy gender dream. i didnt say any names outloud though.
my boyfriend thinks and hopes its a boy or twins. i hope its twins too! as for a single baby, im thinking its a boy based on chinese calendar and old wives tales but i hope its a girl! i have booked a private scan for next friday since he can determine genders starting at 14 weeks. :happydance:

I could never wait till the baby shower to do the gender reveal lol I'm too much of a planner and wouldn't be able to keep that news to myself haha I think its fun when people do it at the baby shower and all but most people around where I live do the gender reveal first (gifts are not expected its usually just a light lunch or bbq social thing) then that way people can give gender appropriate gifts at the baby shower later on :)

Anyhoo.. Sorry to be MIA for the last little while. I've been SUPER busy with school as usual.. 2 of my classes end this week so I have a math final and an ASL final coming up.. My other two classes (Social work and Anatomy) don't end for another 3 weeks.. If I was allowed I would finish them up early but both of those classes do not allow that unfortunately (stupid college rules!). Along with that (not sure if I previously mentioned this or not) my grandmother passed away on the 8th, we are having a memorial for her this afternoon so its been a pretty hectic last couple of weeks for us. So ready to enjoy some more free time with my kiddos this holliday season. We're going to make the most of it the best we can! My husband graduates next month from the medical institute he goes to (he will be an RN but plans to go on to NP so is still in for another 5 years of school) then on Christmas eve morning we are taking a trip a little north of us to attend what is known as "The North Pole Experience" I'm hoping its as good as everyone makes it seem (its all over the news and social media this time of year) its pricey so it better be worth it! haha. Then its back home for us. We always do dinner out (usually applebee's) on Christmas eve as well. A whole month off.. its going to be great! :)

Hope all is well and I hope the rest of you American's in the bunch have a great Thanksgiving week! :) hopefully I'll be back to join in the convo's again real soon! but for now its back to taking practice finals for me!

Just found out today we're having a BOY! :):) <3

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    36.5 KB · Views: 3
Hi there! We just found out we are having a girl this time around!!! I so knew it!!!!!!!!!!! :cloud9::baby::happydance:

Congrats tibbymomma and gator!! Great news!

Sjd, so glad you will get a month off! I am sorry your grandma passed. Good luck on finals and enjoy your month with your kiddos! Cant believe Christmas is next month already! The year flew by!

Congrats on all on your genders!! Awesome:happydance: We find out Dec. 10, whether boy or girl. We are having a gender reveal party/baby shower together. Everyone can just bring us gender neutral gifts, thats fine. We didnt find out with my son but since this will probably be our last, I want to know ASAP. Congrats all!

That's a good idea mrsbrown, to have baby shower early with gender reveal!

We haven't decided if we will be doing a baby shower this time. I loved mine last time and it was so much fun! I just feel bad since it seems like we just had one for dd. would love help with boy clothes and diapers. Not sure what we will end up doing. Are y'all planning on having a shower or not? Would love to hear others reasonings to help me make my decision. I know my sis will want to give me one, I really just don't know though.

Also my dr just called and I passed my one hour glucose test!! Soooooo happy!

I still have to take it again at 28 weeks, but happy to be gd free for now!

My friends always throw me a shower (had one with all three of my others). We just usually make it a diaper and wipes shower. Some people
Will bring other things like clothes and I don't register or anything but I had diapers
For 6 months last time! To me that's even better so I can spend the money on the clothes I like :).
We may be going team yellow. We really can't decide. This is our last and we already have boy and girl
Clothes. Although I will need some new things either way. We can find out on the 17th. My newest idea is to have the tech put the gender in an envelope and give to a close friend of ours. And then have a friendly wager between my husband and myself to see who can he out the longest on finding out. Then maybe it will be at birth. :) not sure if we will do that or not but thought maybe it would be fun.

Wow! Diapers for 6 months would be lovely!

Haha, that's a good idea, I think I could make it to birth if it were a friendly competition with hubby. Ism very competitive lol.

I'm thinking of having a small get together instead of a shower. I will only need a few things but gifts won't be required. I just feel like it'll be a good way for people to celebrate the baby and have a party for our family before it becomes a family of 4. My friends and family want to celebrate even if it's not a traditional baby shower because this is baby #2

Not sure if we'll have a shower - they're not really traditional here. Most people would just bring a cute outfit or cuddly toy when they first visit after baby is born.

I had my consultant appointment yesterday. It was supposed to be as I'm slightly over weight they check everything to make sure its not going to put me or baby at risk. However the Dr was less concerned about that (literally said one sentence about it!) and was more concerned with the little note about my dads heart condition - we are now being sent to Guy's hospital in London in a couple of weeks for a detailed heart scan! We're not really concerned as the times we've heard the heartbeat they've said how strong it is, but it is reassuring to know they are erring on the side of caution and checking us anyway!
We have our 20 week anatomy scan the same day too so looking forward to seeing baby again soon!!!

That's a good idea mrsbrown, to have baby shower early with gender reveal!

We haven't decided if we will be doing a baby shower this time. I loved mine last time and it was so much fun! I just feel bad since it seems like we just had one for dd. would love help with boy clothes and diapers. Not sure what we will end up doing. Are y'all planning on having a shower or not? Would love to hear others reasonings to help me make my decision. I know my sis will want to give me one, I really just don't know though.

Personally I think every baby needs to be celebrated. This will be my third baby shower. My friends are excited to give it as Im sure your family is too. I say have one, maybe a diaper shower with cake and ice cream:winkwink:

Congrats to all who have recently found out the sex. So exciting! And it's also a good reminder that we're all progressing nicely toward May. :)

A little whining time from me: I am STILL sick! Like, running to the bathroom to vomit all day sick. And even when I'm not on the verge of vomiting, nausea is my constant companion. I'm 15w3d and I really thought I'd be past this by now. I'm terrified it will endure throughout the entire pregnancy. Anyone else still struggling with this??? My OB explained in great detail how important it is to try and front-load the weight gain when pregnant with twins so I may have a lecture coming when I step on that scale next week and she sees I'm below my starting weight. No point in worrying about that, I suppose. For now, I'd rather concentrate on surviving each day without vomiting anywhere other than a toilet. ;)

Exciting that so many of us are already thinking about baby showers. We haven't even announced yet, but I'm already wishing that someone will offer to throw us one. I didn't enjoy my bridal shower and felt pretty silly partaking in that tradition when we really didn't need those things, but I think baby showers are so sweet and special (and honestly we'd really welcome the assistance in getting set up for the new arrivals).

Congrats to all who have recently found out the sex. So exciting! And it's also a good reminder that we're all progressing nicely toward May. :)

A little whining time from me: I am STILL sick! Like, running to the bathroom to vomit all day sick. And even when I'm not on the verge of vomiting, nausea is my constant companion. I'm 15w3d and I really thought I'd be past this by now. I'm terrified it will endure throughout the entire pregnancy. Anyone else still struggling with this??? My OB explained in great detail how important it is to try and front-load the weight gain when pregnant with twins so I may have a lecture coming when I step on that scale next week and she sees I'm below my starting weight. No point in worrying about that, I suppose. For now, I'd rather concentrate on surviving each day without vomiting anywhere other than a toilet. ;)

Exciting that so many of us are already thinking about baby showers. We haven't even announced yet, but I'm already wishing that someone will offer to throw us one. I didn't enjoy my bridal shower and felt pretty silly partaking in that tradition when we really didn't need those things, but I think baby showers are so sweet and special (and honestly we'd really welcome the assistance in getting set up for the new arrivals).

OH no! I hope you feel better. I still get nausea sometimes when I havent ate. Maybe its worse because you are having twins?? Anyway Im hoping that it gets better soon for you!!:hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->