MC tests, going private??

maaybe2010

ICSI: DR - December <3
Reaction score
I haven't suffered multiple miscarriages, I've had one.
However we have troubles concieveing and have been told IVF is one of the best options for us.

We're going ahead with this, BUT I am so terrified of having IVF, getting pregnant then to miscarry again . . . .
This will 'waste' a chance if miscarriage can be prevented.

I'm going to ask my specalist to do the tests for me, however I fully expect him to say no.

How much will the tests be privately (for OH and myself) and where is the best place to go? We're based in Liverpool.

:flower: x x x x x x x

Didn't want to read and run maaybe, I can't help you out here but hopefully someone will reply soon and answer some of your questions :hugs:

GL and all the best xx :flower:

I'm currently having tests at St Marys hospital in London, google Lesley Regans recurrent miscarrige clinic, the reviews I've read have been fantastic. You will not get seen much quicker going private so if I was you I would ask you doc to refer you ASAP, our appointment was only 4 weeks after seeing my doc.

Good luck.xxxxxx

I'm currently having tests at St Marys hospital in London, google Lesley Regans recurrent miscarrige clinic, the reviews I've read have been fantastic. You will not get seen much quicker going private so if I was you I would ask you doc to refer you ASAP, our appointment was only 4 weeks after seeing my doc.

Good luck.xxxxxx

Do you mind me asking how much it cost?
Does your OH get tests too or just yourself?

:flower: x x x x x x x x x

We was going to go private but when I phoned them and enquired they said we would be seen no quicker so I went straight to my doc and got referred so we are not paying anything, its all being done on the NHS.

Yes Hubbys having tests too.xxx

We was going to go private but when I phoned them and enquired they said we would be seen no quicker so I went straight to my doc and got referred so we are not paying anything, its all being done on the NHS.

Yes Hubbys having tests too.xxx

Oh right , sorry I must have misread that lol
How much should it have cost?

x x x x x x x

I'm really not sure as I never got that far, but you normally pay for everything seperate so:-
Consultation
Scan
Each Blood Test
Hubbys blood test
Then of course theres 2 follow up appointment, 1 for more bloods then another to see the consultant for all the results.

Maybe try google, I'm sure you will find some info there.xx

ask your gp to take the routine bloods.(mine has after 2 m/c I am 39 and considerind private ivf or your local epu if you have one. surely they'd be sympathetic to you if you are planning ivf. also there is a very good recurrent miscarriage unit in Liverpool i have read a few other ladies on here speak about, give thema phone for advice.:thumbup:

ask your gp to take the routine bloods.(mine has after 2 m/c I am 39 and considerind private ivf or your local epu if you have one. surely they'd be sympathetic to you if you are planning ivf. also there is a very good recurrent miscarriage unit in Liverpool i have read a few other ladies on here speak about, give thema phone for advice.:thumbup:

GPs can do routine miscarriage tests?!

EDIT: Re-read that properly :dohh:
I've already had the routine bloods and everything was fine O:)
I'm going to ask my FS for them but he's not very ncie can't expect him to say yes. . .

there is really nothing that can be done to prevent any kind of miscarriage. Even if all your blood tests and DNA tests come out perfect, there is always a risk of miscarriage due to external reasons - duplication or missing set of DNA during fertilization; incompetent cervix, bacterial infection, listeria or other illnesses etc.
When the doctor does the tests, he can only tell you "everything is within normal range" but he cannot guarantee that you won't miscarry again. so unless you don't suspect anything and are not having multiple miscarriages, best not waste money on unnecessary test.
The HSG won't tell you much as well, it will just probably tell you that everything is normal and your tubes are not blocked. But lots of normal, fertile women can't get pregnant faster because their partner's sperm is inadequate, so if you really want to get pregnant faster (with inadequate sperm); then IUI would be your best chances.
good luck hun and hope you find your answers.

Thanks hun :hugs:

We can't have an IUI due to my OH's anti-sperm antibodies we have to go straight to IVF.

I know what your saying about wasting money on the tests but my reasoning is if my OH has something wrong with him (other than his count and antibodies) then it would be wise to go straight to donor sperm for the IVF rather than 'waste' the cycles using his sperm and risk a miscarriage if I do get pregnant. We get two cycles on the NHS and I don't want to waste everyones time and resources (including our own) if any pregnancy is doomed from the begining, plus we wouldn't be able to fund our own IVF cycles for a while. I'm not really sure what the complications will be if there is something wrong with me to cause the miscarriage.

A major part of these tests would be my peace of mind, I am so petriffied of MC again that I'm worried I will either prevent myself from getting pregnant or cause a MC (irrational maybe. . . but I can't help think it). I don't think I would be worrying so much if I had conceived easily but after taking such a time I can't help think that the MC was caused by something that was also stopping me from getting pregnant.

Either way first port of call is to ask my FS if he is willing to do the blood tests for me, rather than go private. My appointment is a week today O:) And HSG which I also think will come out clear, but doctors orders, is tomorrow :thumbup:

:hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->