meals for hot weather???

mommy43

isabel's mummy
Reaction score
anyone got any recipies meal ideas for eating in this hot weather im running out of ideas n u cant have salad every day:haha:

i know the feeling :) would like some ideas too :D

How about jacket potatoe, sandwiches, pizza or a BBQ? Im rubbish with recipes, cooking lol xx

https://www.bbcgoodfood.com/recipes/2589/spicy-falafels

we eat these alot there really nic3 and light!

you can also if you dont like spices just use chickpeas lemon juice garlic and corriander all blended together then just fry in a bit of olive oil x

I know you said no salads lol but I usually do a nice chicken & ham salad :) nom nom nom.

I would usually do chicken breast,ham,boiled eggs,lettuce,pickled onions,red onion,beetroot in the jar,brason pickle,grated cheese,tomatoes and salad cream :D Its actually really filling.I would love one now actually lol.

I like making cold pasta or noodle salad. Noodle ones benefit from making ahead and leaving in the fridge for a few hours for the flavours to mingle.

I like making cold pasta or noodle salad. Noodle ones benefit from making ahead and leaving in the fridge for a few hours for the flavours to mingle.

What do you put in your pasta and noodle salads?xxx

What do you put in your pasta and noodle salads?xxx

Noodle salad is my fave - cooked noodles, make a dressing with soy sauce and sesame oil, and add chopped peppers, celery, cucumber, beansprouts, cooked chicken - basically anything you can eat cold as it is! The dressing soaks into it all if you leave it in the fridge.

Pasta salad I would add similar veggies but coat the cooked pasta in mayonnaise, which needs to be thinned either with a bit of water or some cream or yoghurt, I personally love a pinch of salt in mayo too. You could also add some croutons and garlic and turn it into a caesar style pasta salad - yummy! I find leaving it in the fridge doesn't affect the flavour though.

oo pasta i have a nice recipe for pasta lol

smoked bacon - how much you like
creme fraiche - two spoonfuls
parmasan - how much you like
pasta shapes - what ever shape
mint - few leaves
brocolli - how much you like

simmer brocolli in some water and some pasta while adding a knob of butter and some oil into a pan, add chopped peices of bacon and a few shakes of pepper, chop mint finely and add to bacon add creme fraiche to the pan while stirring add cooked brocolli (may be nicer if the stems are hard to leave them out of the dish) and pasta and parmasan and serve with some warm bread (garlic bread works well)

What I LOVE to eat atm is tuna pasta salad (cold)

Pasta (best with rotini or macaroni)
1 can of flaked tuna in water
2 tbs of light mayo
1 green onion chopped
1 branch of celeri chopped
fresh dill
1 tsp of lemon zest
1 tsp of lemon juice
garlic salt (to taste)
pepper(to taste)

Leave in the fridge for about 10 min to cool down !
Hope you enjoy xx

Mmm those pasta dishes sound lush :) I could eat pasta every day lol.I love it.xxx

make garlic bread and place on top of each slice of bread mozzarella cheez:winkwink: stick it in a hot oven for 3 to 4 min
chop tomatoes and fresh basil + season and mix all together... take out the cheesy bread .. put a tbsp of the tomatoes and bazil and serve!!

gd luck ladies!:hug:

oo i never thought of pasta salad i love pasta n thegarlic bread n cheese sounds lovely

* 3/4 cup plain fat-free yogurt
* 1/2 cup finely chopped red onion
* 3 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
* 1 tablespoon finely chopped seeded jalapeño pepper
* 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
* 1 tablespoon ground cumin
* 1/2 teaspoon salt
* 3 ripe peeled avocados, seeded and coarsely chopped
* 1 garlic clove, minced

Place all the ingredients in a food processor or blender, and process until smooth.

:hug:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"