Measuring 41 weeks at 39 weeks - anyone else?

Teabella

Reaction score
My fundal height is 41 at nearly 39 weeks - I just wondered whether anyone else is measuring as big as I thought after about 36 weeks that the measurements stopped increasing (due to baby dropping).

Thanks

I'm 39 weeks and my baby measures for 36w and still hasn't dropped so I'm interested in what others have to say on this subject. Do they really stop growing once they drop?

I dont know but i measured 37 at 34. Seeing midwife again on monday at 35 weeks as its worrying me. My bump is MASSIVE!

I'm 39 weeks and my baby measures for 36w and still hasn't dropped so I'm interested in what others have to say on this subject. Do they really stop growing once they drop?

I dont think they stop growing but once they engage you measurement would go down as part of the head is lower than you pelvc bone from which they measure

I dont know but i measured 37 at 34. Seeing midwife again on monday at 35 weeks as its worrying me. My bump is MASSIVE!

I'm massive too! My bump looks ridiculously big and I could still have another couple of weeks of growth yet. I'm getting tested for Gestational diabetes (not because of bump size but because of glucose levels in urine and blood) - although its too late to really do anything about it if I have got it:(

I hope your midwife appointment goes well on monday

I dont think they stop growing but once they engage you measurement would go down as part of the head is lower than you pelvc bone from which they measure

That's my understanding too. My baby dropped at 36 weeks so I'm really surprised that I'm measuring so big still. I've not really seen anyone say they're measuring 40+ on fundal height so hoping there are some other ladies on the forum that have similar measurements (so that I can stop worrying).

I'm massive too! My bump looks ridiculously big and I could still have another couple of weeks of growth yet. I'm getting tested for Gestational diabetes (not because of bump size but because of glucose levels in urine and blood) - although its too late to really do anything about it if I have got it:(

I hope your midwife appointment goes well on monday

Good luck with your testing too. I'm short and small so I think it makes my bump look even bigger! It's like a ball down my top as I'm all out the front! I'm having nightmares of a giant baby now! Lol. I know I'm bigger than last time cause my maternity clothes are almost too short to cover my bump but I wore then to the end with my first who wad 7lb 10.

I measured 2 ahead every time except 23 weeks when I was bang on. Im now 30 weeks but measuring 32.

It all has to do with how baby is positioned too. Mine likes to stick his bum out which causes me to measure bigger. And he has yet to drop/engage and I'm measuring normally. Fluid retention will also play a factor in it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->