Measuring small

Jennac3

Reaction score
Hey ladies.. I would love your input on this. I went for my first ultrasound today thinking I would be around 7 weeks and the baby measured 5 weeks 5 days. I had a miscarriage and started bleeding from that August 18th so that's the date they are counting my LMP from. The last day my husband and I "tried" getting pregnant was September 2nd. So from September 2nd it seems really hard to believe that I'm only 5 weeks 5 days. We did see a heartbeat today. Could the baby just be measuring small? I have another ultrasound in 2 weeks to check on the baby and if it's growing but I wanted to see if anyone else has gone through this.
From September 2nd I should really be 6 weeks 6 days. Even if i ovulated late I can't imagine only being 5w5d. What do you think?

I just went through the exact same. According to my doctors estimated EDD and US measurements I should have conceived AFTER my positive pregnancy test!:wacko: Like how is that even possible. And it was not a false positive bc the days after the line darkened. Conception must be pretty much 10-14 days prior to the bfp. Plus I did not have unprotected sex after the 1st of August due to cramping from sperm.
My baby measured small on the first US, without a heartbeat at 5+6, two weeks later it measured even smaller, only 6+6 but with a heartbeat. When I went back 2 weeks after that, we saw a huge, wiggly baby that measured over 10 weeks! Measuring exactly according to my dates.
Idk if the measurements were off or my baby was a slow starter and grew over 3 weeks worth in a short time.
My old thread is here:
https://babyandbump.momtastic.com/p...asuring-small-sure-no-late-ovulation-etc.html

My son measured smaller too and doctors did not adjust the due date so he was born via C-Section at 42+5 (Labor would not start and they assumed I am only 41+5). He had every sign of a post term baby and the placenta was not working well anymore.

I went in for a scan when I thought I was around 8 weeks based on LMP and was told I was measuring 5/6 weeks. They said usually theyd assume I was miscarrying but because there was a good heart beat not to worry. He's three now!

Turns out I have super long cycles and a really late ovulation, but even when I was certain of when I conceived my daughter always measured 3/4 days behind.

Fingers crossed for you that you just ovulated later

You could have ovulated late and then implanted on the later side as well. On my OBs ultrasound machine, printed out beside where the date comes up is a +-6 days. He said that's bc it's normal for the scan to be off by that much. With the heartbeat being seen already, I think you're fine. Baby could catch up or not. with my daughter I was high risk and being scanned every Tuesday and she never measured exactly 7 days. Congratualtions and best of luck!

Thank you ladies for your comments. The dr called today with results from my blood work. He said my levels were much higher than what the baby measured. He thinks that with how high they are the baby should have definitely measured bigger. He wants to see me in 10 days for another ultrasound and didn't say much more.
Has anyone had this happen to them and everything end up being ok?

I never had my levels tested. The doctor said they are not very accurate and can fluctuate a lot so often they just induce panic. I hope all will be well.

Unless your numbers are dropping I wouldn't put too much thought in to that. Once things can be seen on an u/s drs don't put too much stock in levels.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->