Meat

sabby52

Mother, Nanny
Reaction score
Anyone have problems getting their kids to eat meat?? Dec has never been a big fan of it, from the ages of 10months to about 13 months he didnt eat it at all apart from in a spag.bol. Now he will nibble one or two bits and thats it no more:hissy::hissy: He wont even touch chicken now, yesterday he ate a little bit of pork and seemed to enjoy it but again it was only a bit or 2. I have been making him eat a ton of broccilli to make sure he is getting enough Iron (its the only iron filled thing he enjoys) I am at a loss can kids be born veggie ?? :rofl::rofl:

I've heard of other kids who have just refused meat from the start, so born veggies, I guess. Maybe it's a remnant from a past life:laugh2:
If it doesn't complicate your cooking and family meal times too much, then I wouldn't worry too much. As a veggie mum myself I am sure he can get all he needs from a veggie diet, too. And who knows, maybe he'll just change his mind one day out of the blue, babies are strange creatures ;)

YES!!

We have figured out Caitlin won't have chicken! Have tried strips of ours, chicken burgers, chicken dippers, chicken nuggets, even those turkey kids things from bernards, chicken dinner home made, chicken and pasta with cheese sauce ...just anything with chicken seems to be left or threw on floor!

Sausages she will eat and cottage pie etc but not chicken or turkey atm!

I will go back to trying every couple of weeks.

Another reason Im going to go get her some extra vits next week.

Landon hated all meat, he wouldn't touch it. We kept offering and as he got to a toddler he had to have a bite of his food to get down, he really didn't care for it still until like 3yr, now he finally eats it though and loves it

^ Any food suggestions since you've been there :rofl:

Lol...I think Caitlin would be a bit young still to make her have a bite each time, but really tat's all we did. Our rule in our house is you eat what is made, I'm not a short order cook lol. So I guess Landon was about 2 when we started making him having a couple bites of everything on his plate before he could get down, if he ended up eating more and eating a good amount he could have a snack after dinner if he wanted..we never make them clean their plates though unless they do that all on their own. I think you can really tell the diff between then truly not liking something and them not really wanting it. Like he can't stand cauliflower and I never make him eat it because I know he really does not like it. It was like with meats he didn't care for them, I really think it was because he had to chew it alot. But just after following that for probably about a year he finally just started eating it with no problems, he likes all meats now. I think the way he really took to it first was in things like casseroles, with it all mixed together. He did pick it out some but that's what he first finaly started liking, it took a bit longer to get him to eat just a chicken nugget, or a piece of steak just by themselves.

I think I might try the one bite thing, we do it with other foods I know he likes, we will always say one more and you can go, so I think I might start pushing the meat thing. Thanks girls x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->