Medical confusion !

Mona_Linda

1st Baby !
Reaction score
So, I'm 18 going on 19, I just found out on 4/18/2013 that I'm pregnant... Which I'm soooo nervous about because last year I got pregnant and Found out that I had Rh Negative blood, and I had a miscarriage. Our(my boyfriend's and mine) families we devastated, after which I wanted to try again because I was so sad about it even though I knew it was a bad idea because I'm young... Anyways after the miscarriage I got a Rhogam shot and my dr gave me a little note card that said when in expired, So I'm wondering Will the Rhogam shot prevent my body from producing antigens and attack my baby ?
I'm really scared but we wanna be excited... Can anyone help ?!

yes it should from what i understand. i learned about it in school. My ant has the same problem and she has 5 kids and only had to get a rhogam shot with her first so it should but i would talk to your doctor about it just to be sure! my friend recently miscarried from the same thing and her doctor told her that she only needed one shot.

I haven't heard of it, but I hope you have a sticky bean :) good luck, ill keep my fingers crossed for you :flower:

Yes. That's what the rhogam shot does. You will also get another rhogam shot at 28-30 weeks. I know how devastating an mc is, so if you need to chat at any point, pm me!

Oh. Thank goodness ! Thank you guys for all your help, I've been freaking out... I'm gonna get a new dr because the one I have is really rude, I called to schedule my first prenatal appointment and she said her next available opening is in May ! I know it's not okay for me to wait that long....

Actually some offices prefer to see you later. MY first appointment/scan/even bloodwork was at 10 weeks and 6 days.. But if you are unhappy with how you are being treated, then definately change offices!!

Really ? Huh, That's interesting, I didn't know that, I guess I'm just really scared of having a mc again.. I just wanna make sure everything goes perfect this time...
Thanks ! Maybe I'll just keep my dr.

Wait. quick question thoug, wouldn't I be a high risk pregnancy since I have Rh negative blood ? So shouldn't my dr wanna see me earlier just in case ?
Idk, I'm so confused !:confused:

if you have Rh negative blood and your baby has Rh positive blood is when you would be a high risk pregnancy and if thats the case you definitely need to see your doctor earlier!

Having RH negative blood does not make you 'high risk' unless you are planning on refusing the Rhogam shot.
I have RH negative blood type, and my doctor said I will get the Rhogam shot at 28-30 weeks -- I looked up the shot and on the official website it says the same thing.

I saw my doctor at 4 weeks, and all that he did was sent me out for blood tests - at my 8 week appt, he just weighed me and went over the results.. I switched to a midwife and will have my first real appt with her next week, and I'll be 12 weeks.

At this point in the pregnancy, there's not much they do anyways.

So, I'm 18 going on 19, I just found out on 4/18/2013 that I'm pregnant... Which I'm soooo nervous about because last year I got pregnant and Found out that I had Rh Negative blood, and I had a miscarriage. Our(my boyfriend's and mine) families we devastated, after which I wanted to try again because I was so sad about it even though I knew it was a bad idea because I'm young... Anyways after the miscarriage I got a Rhogam shot and my dr gave me a little note card that said when in expired, So I'm wondering Will the Rhogam shot prevent my body from producing antigens and attack my baby ?
I'm really scared but we wanna be excited... Can anyone help ?!

nobody should answer this except your doctor...

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->