• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Medical Marijuana for HG?

My belief is that they'd find so many cures if only the government would allow it. Sure it's not a miracle drug, but it's pretty dang close. And of course as with anything, not abusing it is the key. Even Twinkies would be detrimental to your health if ingested in excess :)

I completely agree with you. I even did a paper on mmj ( persuasive) in college . I grew up in a conservative family, and have never smoked mj, but I believe wholeheartedly that the possibilities haven't even begun to be realized. It's been known to stop seizures in children where none of the meds worked.

I'd say give it a try, I've heard there's absolutely nothing wrong with choosing to smoke weed occasionally and responsibly, even in pregnancy. but like others said, there's other ways to get the effects you're looking for. I'd ask your doc or a doctor that's open to the idea for advice!

raspberry- it is not tobacco.

I know I said I wouldn't smoke it WITH tobacco...
Xx

They test baby for drugs when baby is born. I would make sure that your doctor is on board and knows that you're doing this. I personally don't think it's a good idea, but I have not been in your situation. I was diagnosed with hg but it was no where near as bad as yours.

Thanks for the input everyone and for staying open minded.

I ended up getting the PICC line yesterday, and TPN and fluids. I'm home now. Might have to go back later for another round of hydration and TPN, if I don't keep anything down or can't get anything in today.

I asked the ER doc last night about it...it was funny. She said "Well, its not legal here in Jersey, so I can't suggest it." While shaking her head yes. It cracked me up. The nurse later came back and said if she were in my shoes, she might be willing to try anything, and winked.

For now, DH and I have decided to ask the OB/GYN and gauge her reaction. There was some discussion yesterday about getting me a zofran pump, but I declined for now, as honestly, nothing they are giving me (I am already on oral zofran, and have had a few zofran IVs) is really working that well.

I'm praying as hard as I can that this is going to pass around the second trimester. I can't do it for another 30 weeks....I'll die. So if anyone out there is praying, please include me in your prayers.

I smoked marijuana occasionally with both of my children in the first tri because of the same reason. I lost tons of weight and couldnt keep anything down. A hit or two of a nice Indica strain and I was able to eat, sleep, and feel great. I started putting on weight and doing really well.

I have been pregnant two other times and did not smoke during my first tri and tried to tough it out, and I lost both of them due to weight loss and stress. :(

That said, My children have both turned out great and my 6 year old daughter is actually being tested to find out if she's "gifted" because her test scores are so high in school. ( She's reading at a 5th grade level already!)

From the research I have done, many Rhastafarian (sp?) women smoke all day, every day when pregnant and studies have shown that their children suffer no short or long term effects aside from very slightly lower lung capabilities.

But since there are edibles, tinctures, and vaporizers, you can get the benefits of the CBD/THC without the hassle and possible effects of smoking.

Go for it. I don't regret that I did with my children who are here and alive, today.

I'm sober but I've smoked plenty in my day. I think we're finally to the point where medical marijuana (and mj in general) has lost some of the stigma. "Reefer madness!!! God help us all!!!" LOL it's finally being studied more seriously and fewer doctors fear their peer's judgment in regards to mj. Medicine seems to be growing by leaps and bounds!

I WISH that carried over to studies with pregnant women. Unfortunately, it seems that "ethics" get in the way of science when it comes to being pregnant! I am amazed and disappointed by the lack of studies, and even more so- the lack of plain old data collection!! "Oh you have questions? Well, we don't know the answers and aren't willing to find them- so better you err on the side of caution lil lady and avoid xyz etc. I mean better to be safe than sorry right??? Now skip along and don't worry your pretty head!" It's bullshit.

Meanwhile in the real world- our op is suffering horrible nausea and being told to suck it up or go against the grain and ask for an alternative - potentially facing judgment and shaming while desperately seeking an "unknown" for relief- because these doctors won't nut up and provide us with the science we need and deserve. What could possibly be more worthy of study and prevalent, than pregnancy?? I'm not interested in my doctor's "good conscience". I'm interested in facts!

This has really been bothering me lately and it's not just my hormones!! :winkwink: Medicine has become increasingly focused on women's issues (about time!), but somehow pregnancy remains this "thing" that they don't want to touch- not totally.

I hope you can get the relief you need OP. So sorry for what you're going through! I applaud all of you guys for your open minds here. Surprised and refreshed!

Here's a vid that sums it up better than I could!
www.youtube.com/watch?v=2MY6xqxB630

I say go for it! I have read a recent study on this topic- it all seems to check out. Personally, I would rather do that than take pills every day.

Omg- I just read your post, monzter. That was perfect! I do believe there would be a lack of studies because it is an amazing plant with tons of benefits. It doesn't cost too much- pills do. Their margin for profit is a lot higher. Obviously, most doctors only care about what they can get out of you. It sickens me. Glad to know some of y'all agree!!

Look up cannibutter - you can make butter and use it normally - to cook, on toast etc. I also saw on Facebook you ca now get 'vapesticks' which are like e-cigs for marijuana. Might be worth a look x

I've had horrendous HG and I would have tried anything!

I say go for it. I have done it the last couple weeks (not every day) for depression and severe anxiety. I quit again because I don't know if they drug test babies at the hospital I am delivering at. I am thinking about bringing it up to my doctor but I am scared to, for fear of what he will say. He told me to take a pill, and I just can't justify taking a pill with the risks that come from it.

From my research, the state I live in also doesn't report to CPS for failing a drug test for THC, but I still don't want any issues with it. As far as I remember, my son wasn't tested when he was born, though I didn't smoke with him so it would have been negative anyway. My best friend smoked up till her third tri with her now four month old daughter and everything was ok. It seems like the majority of women are just scared to get drug tested, but unless there were serious drugs involved, nothing usually happens to them for THC. I read that some doctor offices drug test at every appointment. I smoked two days before my last appointment, and my doctor didn't mention failing anything, he actually said my pee was perfect. Lol. I think I will casually bring it up at my next appointment. He knows how God awful my anxiety is and I can just ask him in a roundabout way.

I don't condone smoking unless there is a medical need for it, but I don't judge either. A couple of my friends just smoked to get high. I smoke (as needed) to deal with my panic attacks without taking pills for them. I might get bashed too (hopefully not, since women on here seem very open about this right now) but weed can be really really helpful if done responsibley and appropriately.

Good luck!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cnewt116
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->