medical question..

MrsKippling

Reaction score
This is probably in the wrong place but i wasnt sure where to put it :blush:
This year ive lost a stone and am exercising quite a lot, i used to be very active but got lazt after having the kids.
Anyway my knee has started clicking, its not particularly painful more annoying..It does it if i walk any decent distance, if i go upstairs quickly, if i go swimming and is now generally a bit 'achy' any ideas what it could be? :flower:

I really don't know hun, but didn't want to read and run. Maybe a little bit of inflammation? :shrug:

I would suggest going to gp, it could be cartilidge (sp?)
Anti inflammatories will help!
Hope it feels better soon

Hey Hun,

I am not sure if this will apply to you, but my DH has the same problem, except in his wrist. He visited a doctor about it almost a year ago now, and was told that it was damaged from a previous injury and is now affected with arthritis..

Do you maybe have an old injury that could be acting up years later?

Yea, i fell off a horse when i was about 13....but thats years ago and this is the first problem ive had since xx

My Dh was 8 or 9 when he broke his wrist, only started acting up around the age of 21 or 22 - so it could definitely be from the horse injury :thumbup:

I dislocated my knee when I was about 13 and have had knee clicking since then. I'm not really sure what it's from. I had an xray done of my knee when I had an arthritis virus and it didn't show anything...so I think your knees can click without any majorly visible defect because mine do and there's nothing wrong. If it starts getting painful I would see your doctor.

Hi Mrs Kippling, if you want to look at natural nutritional support, then look into Glucosamine (therapeutic dosage is 1500mg a day) this helps to maintain and regenerate the cartilage in your joints. Another thing which will be of use to reduce inflammation in the knew is fish oils in this case you would look at 3g of good quality fish oils a day.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->