Medication now approved for morning sickness in the US

MrsStutler

Mom of 3!
Reaction score
I heard a little blip on the radio about the recent FDA approval of the first drug marketed solely for morning sickness. After looking into it further it sounds like a great thing. Essentially it was a drug available about 30 years ago but was taken off the market after women started suing the pants off of the manufacturer. This was around the same time the big issues with Thalidomide. After a lot of studies it has been determined there is no evidence that the claims of birth defects were valid and the FDA has cleared it for use in pregnant women as a "Class A" drug. :thumbup:

Just wanted to share:flower:
https://abcnews.go.com/Health/fda-approves-morning-sickness-pill-pulled-market/story?id=18914496

I'm in Canada and used this drug, it was a life saver for me! It's very popular here, I didn't realize it wasn't approved in USA. It's been a go to ms drug here for years, my SIL took it with both her pregnancies, the first being 10 years ago.

Yes, this is fantastic news! If my next pregnancy is anything like my last, this will be a godsend!

As a Canadian who believes this is a wonder drug, I can't imagine why this wasn't available in the US!. Those tiny pills are the only thing that stood between me and being hospitalized for my morning sickness.

I had them from Canada and they are amazing!!! This is a good news story for sure for American moms to be. My morning sickness was horrendous and they worked so well.

Oh man! wish this was offered to me! I have HG so i truly need an anti nausea pill (im 20 weeks and still 3lbs under prepregnancy and thats whilist on Zofran, it doesn't work all that well). i wonder how you get it? I like that it's a class A bc i think Zofran is a Class C (or maybe B, but class A is the best you can get!) It would make me feel a lot better since ive been on it long term.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->