Medised! Eeeshh

Char how did Caitlin get on with her jabs? Poor thing was it the double one,one in each leg? That stung Melie like hell I bawled me eyes out.
X

ive been told by a health professional b4 tht i cud mix infant ibuprofen and calpol!!!!

Char how did Caitlin get on with her jabs? Poor thing was it the double one,one in each leg? That stung Melie like hell I bawled me eyes out.
X
Was her 3rd lot and 3 jabs :cry:

I've never taken her before I'm a wuss :blush: but I braved it today lol and little scream then laughed :dohh: Braver than her Mummy ha

Thanks for asking x

ive been told by a health professional b4 tht i cud mix infant ibuprofen and calpol!!!!

I was told this too, as one is paracetamol and one ibuprofen, if i remember one is 3 doses every 24 hours and the other 4 doses every 24 hours so you can stagger it. para then ibup then para etc.. if that makes sense!

These links might help
https://uk.answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20070516093715AA8RRbW

But you can't do it with medised and calpol as they both contain paracetamol, you would be overdosing them.

yea, i have given medised with ibuprofen tho! 1 is a pain relief and 1 is anti flammatory(sp) i think.. dotn quote me on tht lol

I have no idea what Medised is :(

https://www.medised.co.uk/for_children/what_is_medised.asp

Hi I'm a newbie! I bought Medised on my Health Visitors recommendation for my 9 month old son (born 9 weeks prem). Luckily a friend warned me of the controversy surrounding it so thought I should have a look on their website. It was only here that I found out that Medised shouldn't be given to children under 2 NOT on the packaging! I was horrified that the packaging still recommended the medicine for 3+ months so contacted them directly to voice my concern. Below is their reply.......

"Thank you for your email regarding Medised. Medised is one of a number of over the counter, cough & cold medicines that have been subject to revised advice from the Commission on Human Medicines regarding use in children under 2 years old. There has not been any evidence of serious safety concerns involving these medicines in children in the UK when used correctly. And indeed, SSL continually monitors the safety of all our medicines. However, children under 2 are more vulnerable due to their small size, and therefore may be particularly susceptible to the effects of overdose. This new advice will reduce that possibility and is a precautionary measure. In line with this new advice, we will be changing our packs within the next six months, to advise parents that Medised is suitable for children aged 2 years and over. Please call our Medised Careline on 0800 915 4435 or consult your pharmacist if you need any further information. Best wishes Emma HoldnallConsumer Relations"

I received this e-mail today and while we're told packaging will be changed in the next 6 months, my understanding was that companies had until October to change their packaging.

I have calpol and Calprofen.

I find the calprofen eases her pain more with her teeth than standard calpol.

Ambusol is also great for teething.

x

An experienced Mum friend suggested medised for my poorly Milly and I used some of hers before going to Boots and finding out about this change in age limit.

If anyone wants to see the official texts on this they're on the mhra website - go to the news section and look for the press release from 27 Mar 2008 (can't give you the link because I'm new here!).

Thanks for all the advice above - based on this and the official texts I'm going to continue using medised for my 5 month old. The concern is about mixing medicines and this leading to an overdose, so we'll be going for the lowest suggested dose and giving nothing else.

I know I'm late to this conversation, but google will keep bringing people here for ages as people find out about the 2 year age limit and I thought some readers would want a tip on finding the official texts. The Daily Mail got the story wrong when it was announced "Cough medicine banned for children under two as 100 remedies are taken off the shelves" which, I see, led to loads of speculation which can be a little confusing when you come to these conversations afterwards...

I have never in my life seen calpol night! Or heard of medised!

I always just give my dd calpol or infant nurofen. Ds hasn't yet needed anything.

I read somewhere that new research suggests that too much calpol too young increases the rik of asthma. You can't blooming win!

I always just give my dd calpol or infant nurofen. Ds hasn't yet needed anything.

I read somewhere that new research suggests that too much calpol too young increases the rik of asthma. You can't blooming win!

Medised is cough medicine I think.

You're not supposed to give asthmatics Neurofen as it's Ibuprofen and it mustn't be given on an empty tummy either. Calpol is just paracetamol and hasn't been linked with asthma has it?:shrug:

Medised is cough medicine I think.

You're not supposed to give asthmatics Neurofen as it's Ibuprofen and it mustn't be given on an empty tummy either. Calpol is just paracetamol and hasn't been linked with asthma has it?:shrug:

https://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/life_and_style/health/article4783572.ece

Reducing a childs temp is vital tho, I am not trying to put anyone off calpol - I use it any time its neded.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MrsA3000
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->