• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Medium flow teats or variflow for 3 month old?

Laurakiaora

Mum to Anna
Reaction score
I think it's time to change the teats on Anna's bottles again. She went from size one (newborn) to size 2 (one month +) a few weeks ago but she's giving me the signs they need changing again.

Should I buy the next stage up (size 3, 3 months +) or variflow? What's the difference between them? I don't really want to have to keep buying new sizes every three months as I need 8 which is over £20 just for new size teats.

With variflow baby is in full control of their intake. My LO has used them since about week 4 and feeds like a dream

I'd say try variflow but bear in mind some babes don't get on with them. Variflow did nothing for either of my dcs, they just sucked and drowned and never got used to them. I believe they work with a lot of babies though.

We had no idea which ones to use as HV told us to use a size up as LO was BF too. So we used the variflow ones as it gave him the control of how much or little he wanted.

We switched to size 3 medium flow teets around 11-12 weeks as i thought my LO needed it she has always had quite a strong suck reflex and I've never thought the variflow would suit her as she is a bit of a guzzler! She managed fine on the medium flow if you think it's time to change try it out you can always switch back for a while if its too soon a good indicator is if they are taking longer than usual to finish bottle

Keelan likes variflow as he can guzzle when he wants or let it slowly drip in if hes feeling lazy :haha:

My LO is still using stage 1 as she had bad reflux and the fast flow just made her vomit everywhere. I also tried variflow but they pissed her off LOL

can you just buy one pack and try them for a day?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
amama
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->