meeep!! pretty long sorry :(

plumplump

very cautiously pregnant
Reaction score
Okay so incase you lot hadn't figured this out yet I am super paranoid. Is suffer from terrible anxiety and OCD, recently it has been completely horrific. So am hoping anyone can offer me some reassurance that I am just being a headcase :wacko:

I am just over 18 weeks preggo and am completely and utterly paranoid that something is going to go wrong. I feel completely consumed with this worry from the minute i wake up till the minute I close my eyes. I obviously torment myself googling stuff and am now banned from using the doppler we got a shot off because i was obsessing about not hearing the hb.

Does anyone else feel like this, if so what do you do to calm yourself down? I mean the risk is really small now is it not? I just wish this would go away I hate it and am desperately trying to take control of it before it gets completely out of hand. Just so scared that I will go to this scan on the 30th and my bambi will have died.

Sorry to be a moan/nutter/worry case and thanks for any advice xoxoxoxoxox :hugs:

Im exactly the same..I am 18 weeks also, with my first child, and Im constantly worrying about the baby, that something will go wrong, that the baby isnt moving enough, that the baby is moving too much, that im too big for 18 weeks, then that im too small for 18 weeks, that ive done/eaten/drank something I shouldnt have etc etc.. I think Its natural. Im starting to relax a little more as time goes on. You should feel assured that its most likely that nothing will go wrong and the baby is just fine! :) Its easier said than done, but just think, that if something was wrong, you would know about it! As long as the there is no bleeding or bad pain, the baby is most likely fine. When I am worried or stressed, i just think of all the pregnancy's that happen successfully and with no problems. Think of all the healthy and happy babies that are born, not the small few that experience problems. We should get used to the worrying as Im sure we will the same for the next 18 years.. and beyond! :) keep smiling, good luck and dont worry! x :hugs:

I don't think you are being a headcase. It's only natural to worry and all mums to be have a moments of fear. I can imagine that the fear is magnified when you're suffering from anxiety though. I too have suffered anxiety and it's a horrid thing to deal with. Have you sought any help to control it?

The one thing to remember though is that most pregnancies go on to produce a beautiful and healthy baby at the end of it :hugs:

honey.. i think its completely normal... having OCD can compound the problem and I suffer from anxiety too... I try and tell myself what will be will be but sometimes its hard... stay away from the doppler.. you will seem, once you feel regular movement u will feel reassured... I am no one to preach as I am also paranoid especially as this is an IVF baby and I know we cant just have another one just like that.. but try and enjoy your pregnancy... its such a special time.. and by worrying all the time we just miss out on the special times...

Take care and if it gets too bad - maybe speak to your doc about an anti anxiety med that is safe for baby

Good luck

xx:hugs:

thanks girls, so far i am getting CBT but I missed my psychiatry appointment cause i was in a bad car accident the day before and well i really worry about going back onto tablets cause i normally can control the anxiety without it. Argggghhhhhhh I just want to be all excited and for this feeling of dread like something bad is about to happen to go away. :hugs:

with my son i was like that as i had 2 m/c b4 getting pregnant with him. this is the 3rd time 4 me so i am more relaxed but i still take nothing 4 granted!

I'm terrible.
For some reason I actually READ bad stories, about stillbirths and late mc's and make myself worse.

It then takes OH about half hour to convince me everything will be okay and that loadsssssssss and millions and trillions of babies are born fine, and it's the odd few that don't.

It's just scary. It always will be. Don't think you're a moaner or a nutter.

Just try and anjoy it, like I do, cause I know that we'll regret not enjoying the pregnancy when the baby gets here.

I'm terrible.
For some reason I actually READ bad stories, about stillbirths and late mc's and make myself worse.

It then takes OH about half hour to convince me everything will be okay and that loadsssssssss and millions and trillions of babies are born fine, and it's the odd few that don't.

It's just scary. It always will be. Don't think you're a moaner or a nutter.

Just try and anjoy it, like I do, cause I know that we'll regret not enjoying the pregnancy when the baby gets here.

You know what patches I go out my way to read bad stories as well - why oh why??? Glad I'm not the only one who does this that makes me feel a bit better. xx

totally sympathise as ive been in a terrible state most of this pregnancy tbh..I lost two babies at 16 and 23 weeks and am constantly convinced something is going to go wrong..DH says Im going to ruin the pregnancy for myself but I cant help it

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->