Megan stammers/jeremy forest . . .

Lydiarose

Reaction score
Have many of you been following this story?

What are your views on it?

When i was 15 i was "groomed" by a 40 year old man not going in to too much but even then i could see exactly what his intentions were,fortunetly i got away before anything god forbid happend BUT theres somthing about this story that stands out,i dont know if its just me being ridiculously niave but i think maybe just maybe he really does have strong feelings for her?

I feel so sorry for his wife the most in all of this,shes the true victim in my eyes :nope:

But i dont know,im quite shocked at myself for not instantly dimmising it as disgusting and branding him a pedophile!

views?

Well to me it seems quite obvious he has fallen for her and not a 'pervert' although to some may see him that way due to her age, But to give up everything and run away with a girl he knew he couldnt be with i think he loves/loved her, his messages on network sites are of a normal man who has simply fallen for someone he shouldnt have i think he went about it totally wrong but i doubt he is a bad guy.

I really dont think he groomed her and I believe she went of her own accord

His poor wife tho, the wedding pictures that have been in the paper to me he really doesnt look happy

Well to me it seems quite obvious he has fallen for her and not a 'pervert' although to some may see him that way due to her age, But to give up everything and run away with a girl he knew he couldnt be with i think he loves/loved her, his messages on network sites are of a normal man who has simply fallen for someone he shouldnt have i think he went about it totally wrong but i doubt he is a bad guy.

I totally agree. I think they both fell for eachother, they knew it was wrong so they ran away. yes, he's in the wrong but I don't think he did it to be a bad guy.

Werethey not seeing each other when she was 14?
Regardless of the age, it was hugely inopropriate and morally wrong. I'd be furious sending my child to school with the worry a teacher would give my child vibes that they found them attractive. Just so wrong
I wonder how the mums of girls who I've read on a few threads that think its romantic or feel he's not a bad guy as you cant hrlp who you fall in love with would feel if it was their 15 yr old daughter?
Or their son that ran away with a 30 yr old teacher? Still romantic??
Whatever sentence he gets his life is ruined either way. Hope this is a lesson to anyone who is in a position of trust that this is not acceptable.

I have apparently been living under a rock for the past couple of weeks as this is the first ive heard of it.

From reading a few stories, it does indeed sound like there's more to it than just an older man taking advantage of a younger girl, there does seem to be genuine feeling between them both. Should they have ran away, absolutely not but I cant help but feel for them. People will use the 'shes too young to know what she wants' reasoning, but I know for me personally, at 15 I was fully capable of making my own decisions regarding my life and who I wanted to be with. But this man is in a position of trust...he is trusted by parents to educate their children and nothing more. If I had a 15 year old daughter and this happened, I would be furious.

I wonder what will become of this.

Werethey not seeing each other when she was 14?
Regardless of the age, it was hugely inopropriate and morally wrong. I'd be furious sending my child to school with the worry a teacher would give my child vibes that they found them attractive. Just so wrong
I wonder how the mums of girls who I've read on a few threads that think its romantic or feel he's not a bad guy as you cant hrlp who you fall in love with would feel if it was their 15 yr old daughter?
Or their son that ran away with a 30 yr old teacher? Still romantic??
Whatever sentence he gets his life is ruined either way. Hope this is a lesson to anyone who is in a position of trust that this is not acceptable.

I do agree, it was very wrong of him but I'm saying it's not like he meant to do wrong or hurt her in anyway, they both had feelings for each other & as said above, at 15 I know I was old enough to be making my own choices. It's very terrifying to think that a teacher could do such a thing!

It will be interesting to see what happens

I do think they fell in love. I dont think Its all of Jeremys fault as Megan would have known also that the relationship is wrong.

Pair of them must be heartbroken now

I was talking about this with my mum last night.... To me it doesn't seem like your "normal" grooming dirty old man case iykwim. I truely think he does have feelings for her as she does for him.

If its true love we'll see when she's 16. Why he didn't just wait till she's 16 I don't understand.... Then it wouldn't of been morally wrong just "socially wrong" iykwim but at least it wouldn't of been illegal

Yeah thats the thing I dont get either. Why didnt they just wait until she was 16. If its really true love, then a year isnt going to make any difference to them. Sure they would be still seeing each other in secret, but it would be a lot easier for them if she was at least of legal age.

They started seeing each other when she was 14. He totally abused his position as her teacher

He stupidly fell for her. As her teacher it was irresponsible and he should have controlled himself instead of running away with her and acting like a silly teenager.
That said, me and my husband have a bigger age difference than them :shrug: we were both responsible adults though!

hes her teacher so the age where it stop being illegal is 18

However, he will now no longer be a teacher so in theory, if whatever has gone on between them IS the real deal, then as soon as she's 16 there would be nothing to stop him from getting in contact (assuming he's forbidden in the mean time). As soon as he's out of jail (again, assuming he's locked up for abuse of position of trust/child abduction) there would be nothing to stop them from being together even if she isn't 18 yet.

I'll be watching the case with interest because as a lot of people have said, regardless of how inappropriately he may have acted, there is something that seems a bit different about them. My OH was a bit confused about why he's being called a child abductor when the police said when it first came out that she went voluntarily. I thought it was because: as a teacher he, by default, is acting in loco parentis. Because she went with someone who acts in loco parentis but without the consent of her actual mother, that's why it's abduction - is this correct?

I read that their relationship was being investigated by the police and thats why they took off, I am surprised they stayed in France you would think they would have tried to get further away

My opinions on their relationship are in another thread, but I do think he's going to have the book thrown at him and have an 'example' made of him because it was such a high profile case.

He violated the trust of a teacher in a school. No matter what he felt for her, it us unacceptable in all ways. No excuse.

I am kind of divided on this.
I do think that he did fall for her and she him but at the same time he was her teacher and he abused his position, at 30 he should have known better than to run away to France with an underage girl, it was totally irresponsible.

I get that people say well at 15 I knew what I was doing etc etc but some 15 year olds don't, that is why there are laws in place to stop these kinds of things happening. I know at 15, 16, 17 etc I had boyfriends that I thought were the ones yet looking back they so weren't, how does anyone know that in a couple of years she isn't going to be thinking the same, regretting this decision for the rest of her life.

I just think if that was my 15 year old daughter in that position then there is no-way I would be wanting him to get off scott-free or even be anywhere near her. The more I think of it in that way the more wrong I actually see it if that makes sense.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->