mei tai for new born?

Freya

Toddler and baby
Reaction score
Hi girls,

Hoping not to be a repeat poster here but how succesfull is using a mei tai carrier for a newborn? I used the babasling for my 1st, but I wasn't always happy with it as DD looked uncomfortable - which at the time I thought may be just down to my body shape?!?!???

Would love to a full baby wearer next time, and with a toddler it will be essential. Just dont want to waste money and get the wrong sling/carrier.

Any advice would be welcome! Frame wise I am petite, with small norks :blush: - if that makes a difference to types I could wear?

XXXXXX

I've not tried it as I only got mine when she was about 4 months old, but I plan to use it for my next baby straight away. Have you had a look at videos on Youtube? The babies always look very cosy with their legs tucked up. It seems like a very natural position to me. I'd have thought it would suit most frames too, so I'd definitely give it a try.

I started wearing Phoenix in his MT at about 1 month old and he was fine. he was a 8lb11 baby though, I think if you had a dinky little 5 or 6 lb'er they may look a bit lost in it from day one and something like a moby or woven would be better till they were just a bit bigger.

i carried Aimee in a baby hawk from 3 weeks (would have been earlier if i had it from birth) she was 6lb13 born :flower:

I've not tried it as I only got mine when she was about 4 months old, but I plan to use it for my next baby straight away. Have you had a look at videos on Youtube? The babies always look very cosy with their legs tucked up. It seems like a very natural position to me. I'd have thought it would suit most frames too, so I'd definitely give it a try.

Had a look on youtube, some great clips of how to pop a newborn in MT :thumbup:

i carried Aimee in a baby hawk from 3 weeks (would have been earlier if i had it from birth) she was 6lb13 born :flower:

Well worth knowingit can be used as my 1st was born dinky! :thumbup: I know some you cant use until a baby reaches a certain weight.

xxx

i would worry about using a mei tai with a newborn, i know it can be done very successfully but i dont know, i cant imagine they are very comfortable, teh way their legs have to be folded under them :wacko: as i said ive never done it so i could be very very wrong, and probably am as so many people manage it lol, i just always preferred a wrap for NB

x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JTom
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->