Mei Tai help

Arcanegirl

Bazinga!!
Reaction score
Ive had another shot at putting Alex in the Mei Tai, he seemed to like it a bit better this time but im not sure if its high enough? It sems quite short on the body.
There is a head support on it which is folded down, but even when its up its too low down.

https://i50.photobucket.com/albums/f328/karoline1246/Alexander%205-6%20months/071020091005.jpg

I have this prob with Freya, seems fairly short on her, but mine is not a particularly short Mei Tai, so I don't know? I will be looking to see what people suggest to you! :)

he doesnt look like he's quite sitting in it right, dont know if it will make much difference to how hich he comes up, try to get his butt lower than his knees so he's sitting like frog...does that make sense?? i'll have a bit play with daisy tomorro n see if i can figure things out and post some piccies for you

sara

xxxx

Yeah that's what I was told...knees higher than bum...took me a bit of fiddling before I decided that Freya has short legs, my excuse! I did get it a bit better yesterday though. :)

Really try and pull the back up over him before you tie it. I'm sure you already have though :dohh:

i tie the bottom n then lift daisy up, pull the back up n then kinda have a little jig !! this drops her bum down a bit n her knees up!! then i tie it like i say i'll have a little play tomorro n post some pix...actually will have a look n see if there are any you can see .........

The froggy legs going inside the carrier? If thats the case i think i know what you mean, though might mean we cant use the mei tai untill his legs are longer, i dont think he likes his legs restricted.

not really got any you can see properly, will make sure i get some tomorro for you hun xxxxxxxxxx

nope outside the carier!! imagin you are standing up with your legs apart.. then bend down not moving your legs just bend your knees....once you get your bum lower than your knees thats the position he should be in does that make sense????

it looks to me like hes not far enough down aswell, the ties should be able to go over his shoulders so he is strapped in more securely, on mine u have to fold the top down and twist the straps to tie it under arm, but urs looks like it wouldnt even go over?

x

LOL i can totally see people trying to contort themselves into mai tei's!!lol i just made rob get up n i tried to get him into a mai tei position!! lol he was soooo confuzzled n not impressed !!!!:haha:

^ Lol!!!

I am sitting here thinking I hope I am not the only one doing this stupid leg position!!

:rofl:

lol i thought a totally easier way to explain is to sit on the floor with knees apart and feet flat on the floor !!!

Kinda like if you sat on a racehorse? Youd be on the saddle and ther stirrups would be quite high up to make your knees sit higher?

ive just put leyla into hers and her bum doesnt look massively lower than her knees tbh, were clearly all doing it wrong lol

excuse the crappy pic and leyla's escaping head, she is a curious child lol

x

Attachments

• PICT0002.jpg
    PICT0002.jpg
    24.9 KB · Views: 17
Yeah! I do find it hard to get Freya in that position though, I don't know what I'm doing wrong! I should tell her, sit like a jockey!

Yours looks pretty comfy ellie, although you do your straps way different to me! :dohh: so complicated.

ive had a brainwave, we just need to tie the bottom strap higher up, then presumably theyd all fall into the right place when we put them on?

x

Yours looks pretty comfy ellie, although you do your straps way different to me! :dohh: so complicated.
lol ive just got them round my neck, and crossed over my back, then tied on the side, i thought that was the standard way to do it?

x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->