Melbo's cambridge diet journal!

mrscookie

Mama and expecting
Reaction score
Hi ladies

I have decided thanks to my good friend Lollylou to bite the bullet and go on the cambridge diet, she has done such an amazing job, and having seen her shrink before my very eyes, in pics and in real life I decided I want what she's got, lol. I saw a consultant this morning and we have a good chat as well as a weigh in (oh god) and some measurements etc.
I am starting on step 3, 1000 cals a day and seeing how I go on that, it wont be a dramatic fast weight loss, but a slower steady one, and since im not fully prepared to lose the food completely yet, step 3 is ideal, im allowed healthy things,cottage cheese, green salads, jacket spud, some fruit etc.

I came away £23 lighter, with 14 meals, 2 a day for the next week.
I have lots of chocolate milkshakes:cloud9: and they are lush as I just had a mint choc one for late breakfast!

So yeah, very optimistic and excited and feel I can actually do this!

Now to break the habit of a life time and not pick at Lylah's lunch leftovers, I just popped some avacado in my mouth off her plate, and had to spit it out into the bin.
Very excited to be starting, I know it will be hard, but it will most definately be worth it!
Here is my before picture.. I wont say my weight on here *shame* but my bmi is over 30 so that's more than enough for my liking lol!

https://img44.imageshack.us/img44/3121/abcd0001w.jpg
please ignore my clothes, im having a stiggy tramp day haha!

wish me luck! Will update my progress as and when, but I will get weighed weekly, so weight update will be weekly, but I will be posting how im doing and feeling more regularly.
Thankyou Lou
:hugs:

xxx
(5 days into diet)
Im doing really well, LOVING the shakes, especially the chocolate ones. The hungry stage is getting less and less noticable and I feel slimmer already. I can feel my hipbones when I lie down on my back now (haha that is my way of knowing im losing weight) so I am optmistic about my weigh in on tuesday!
Very happy :D

UPDATE 1 *WEIGH IN AFTER 1 WEEK*

I went for my first weigh in this morning after 1 week on the diet, and I have lost 6 and half pound!
This is definately the diet for me :happydance:
Here is a pic from a week and a half on the diet
https://img269.imageshack.us/img269/8231/15weeksintodiet.jpg

Weigh in #2
2 weeks on the cambridge diet step 3, and I have lost another 3 and half lb, which is 10lb in 2 weeks.
:happydance:

Weigh in #3
Not fantastic loss this week, only 1 and half lb, but as my lady tells me, a loss is a loss ;) she will review me next week to see if I could drop down to step 2.. she is also measuring me next week.
11 and half lb lost in 3 weeks!

weigh in #4
I got measured today too!
I lost 2lb this week.... I only have to lose half a lb and I have lost a stone!
I have lost
3 inches off my hips, 2 inches off my arms, 2 and a half off my thighs, 1 inch off my bust and 1 and half inches off my waist.
Im very happy! 4 weeks in, and a stone lost with good inch loss! 10 inches lost over all!

Here is a pic from 4 weeks on the diet taken today

https://img198.imageshack.us/img198/130/week42.jpg
Ignore the moody face, I was in the middle of cleaning and hubby snapped me, note the baby on the floor LOL

UPDATE WEIGH IN #5

I lost 4lb today! I dunno what I did differently to usual but woohoo!
Thats 17lb lost in 5 weeks, 1stone 3 and half lb lost!

UPDATE 6
NO LOSS :( Came on lol

UPDATE WEEK 7

lost 3lb today! 20lb over all loss in 7 weeks!

UPDATE WEEK 8

i LOST 2LB TODAY. 22lb over all in 8 weeks. Was also measured today, I lost 7 inches over all in 4 weeks... thats 17 inches lost on my whole body in 8 weeks!!

Im very happy :D

Here is my new pic this week

https://img40.imageshack.us/img40/9571/dsc00587v.jpg

Oh, and my new collar bones for good measure.. I didnt realise I had a collar bone under all that lol
https://img194.imageshack.us/img194/6007/dsc00592xq.jpg

WEEK 9

3lb lost this week! :D Going to the food show on sat though so I probably wont lose next week :lol:

week 10
1lb lost

week 11
2 and half lb lost! 8lb left to lose til target!!

week 12,
half a lb lost

week 13- christmas week.... GAINED 4 AND HALF FECKIN LB!!!!

Week 14- Lost 3 and half lb :D

wahooo
This is me now
https://img685.imageshack.us/img685/5075/18142216186287511511757.jpg

lost 3 and half lb this week (w 16)

maintained this week!(w 17

Good luck hun, Keep us updated.

x

have you set yourself a goal or just keep with it until your happy? x

Yeah I set a goal, for starters, the lady said once you hit your goal you tend to set another one, so for now my goal is 2 stone off :D

wow hunny i think you look gorgeous now!! and you dont look like a tramp in the second photo, i love ya top! haha! good luck though, i know its more about how you feel in yourself! keep us updated xxxx

Wish i looked that slim after having amber!
Best of luck!

Look forward to when i start mine.

good luck beautiful!!! I think we have the same body type, so I know what you are going through psycologically! You will be great!!

You are gorgeous no matter you size!!

:hugs:

Awwww thankyou everyone :hugs:
You are all great.

Day 1 and feeling ok, hungry but I expected that. Im having a salad for tea, with a spot of balsamic vinegar and a few red grapes tossed in and some rocket and water cress. Oh and a peach lol
Mmmmm!
x

xx

Hey hun,

Hope you don't mind me asking...! How much a month roughly will this cost you? Only because I was planning to do Weight Watchers after I've had the baby... but I know it so well I know how to cheat lol :blush: Think it may be good to try something else! x

Hey I dont mind at all,
I pay weekly right now, £23 a week, but bear in mind you will be spending less on your main shop because you wont be eating what you normally do, cos your meal replacements are given to you. All steps cost different amounts, but the one im doing is that price above.
Works out to about £92 ish a month (worked it out off 4 weeks)
xx

Good luck Mel! :D Can't wait to see YOU shrink before our eyes :)

Hey I dont mind at all,
I pay weekly right now, £23 a week, but bear in mind you will be spending less on your main shop because you wont be eating what you normally do, cos your meal replacements are given to you. All steps cost different amounts, but the one im doing is that price above.
Works out to about £92 ish a month (worked it out off 4 weeks)
xx

Thanks hun! Its so tempting to do it... will see what funds are like :lol: xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"