mens vitamins for swimmers

Natsby

Luca born 9-11-2012
Reaction score
Hi, which vits do you give your OH? Our normal brand is very expensive and this month it just isn´t an option. SO which ones and where do you buy them. (on the net would be preferable as I´m in Spain.) Also OH has poor :spermy: motility so anything which is good for that would help.

it can be such a problem trying to get the right vits etc when living abroad. i can't even get hold of prenatals here:shrug: dh asked at a few pharmacies and both said they had vitamin mixes for pregnant women but not for before event.

as for mens pills, not heard of any specifically for swimmers but gnc do a good multi mens vitamin 'mega men', dh takes it religiously. he did actually mention he fancied trying the arginmax for men at gnc, but was too shy to buy it...:growlmad: it's a sexual performance related multivitamin (like the megamen but extra boosting ingredients for sexual health), i'm sure i remember reading it is good for sperm health too. it's worth doing a bit of research on it i think. going to get dh to try that one next to boost the juice :winkwink:

Hi Natsby - I've found the one below on Amazon in case it's any use? it looks like a good price and it looks really comprehensive. The supplements I've seen always recommended highly for male fertility are all in it: zinc, L-Arginine, L-Carnitine, vit E, vit C, vit B12, CoQ10, lycopene, maca, pine bark extract, glutathione, Siberian ginseng.

Also for low motility, it might be worth considering (if you haven't already) Instead Softcups - forgive me if I'm repeating what you already know, but they hold the swimmers against the cervix for up to 12 hours, giving even the slowest forward-swimming sperm a good chance to find its way up. I tried these for the first time last cycle and really liked them. An added boost would be to add a bit of preseed or conceive+. (I also got all of these on Amazon)

Wellman, £8 for 30 (one month's supply)
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Vitabiotics-wellman-conception-30-tablets/dp/B003JBRQ9A/ref=pd_sim_d1
Lycopene Extract: 1.5mg Peruvian Maca Extract: 250mg Pine Bark Extract: 30mg Octacosanol: 3mg Inositol: 40mcg L-Glutathione: 2.5mg L-Arginine: 10mg Siberian Ginseng Extract: 30mg Co-enzyme Q10: 2mg L-Carnitine Tartrate: 50mg Citrus Bioflavonoids: 10mg Vitamin A (2500 IU): 750µg Vitamin D3 (as 600 IU): 15µg Vitamin E: 30mg Vitamin C: 90mg Thiamin (Vitamin B1): 12mg Riboflavin (Vitamin B2): 5mg Niacin (Vitamin B3): 18mg Vitamin B6: 10mg Folacin (Folic Acid): 400µg Vitamin B12: 75µg Biotin: 150µg Pantothenic Acid: 10mg Magnesium: 60mg Iron: 6mg Zinc: 15mg Copper: 1000µg Manganese: 0.5mg Selenium: 150µg Chromium: 50µg No artificial colours, gluten, preservatives, salt or yeast.
Take one tablet per day with your main meal.

:dust:

This is what my Dh takes to help his swimmers an so far it has been a great help to his the motility of them.

I order all of these off the internet all the time.
Oneaday for men
Vitamin C-1000 with Rose Hips 1x a day
1000 mg fishoil with Co-Enzyme Q-10 30 Mg 1x a day.
Acetyl L-Carnitine 250mg 1x a day.
Alpha Lipoci Acid 100mg 1x a day
L-Carnitine 500mg 1 x a day
L-Arginine 500mg 1x a day

They use to be like 35% but now they been at 55% or better at times. Just a few weeks ago my Dh had his swimmers checked an his count is 13mil,55% motilty, morph normal plus this time around the procession is 3 which he never had before. Last yr before got him on these vitamins his count was
3mil,at times 35% motilty an the shapes was off a lot the procession was 2Then he went on 25mg Clomid to help his T-Levels an his count came up along with everything got better. His count came up to 52mil,77% or higher in motilty and the morph all normal an the progression went up to 3. I got pg later last yr after had him on these vitamins an clomid plus I had a lap an other test done then got pg shortly after that. Now we TTC again.

Dh also has his T-Levels check a few days before his count was check an his T-Level was at 230 so that is low for my DH age.

My Dh has LSC along with low T-Levels so he will be starting 25mg Clomid Oct 21 to bring back up his T-Levels.. It has also helped bring his count back up tooo.

If anyone wonders about what all these vitamins are good for I will post it. Our Re said the vitamins I got DH on is doing great for his swimmers. For him to keep taking them. My Dh isn't on herbs as he will be taking Clomid soon an that don't mix with herbs.

Hope this helps you also.. Good Luck.

Hi, my DH is on:
Omega 3 - 1000mg
Vit c - 1000mg
B-50 - 50mg of all vits inc 400 folic acid
Zinc - 25mg
Vitamin E - 400IU (Heard this is especially good for motility)
Co enzyme Q10 - 120mg
L Carnitine - 500mg
Selenium - 200mg

Havent had a second test yet but hopefully this combination will work, havent got numbers for his 1st test but just told it wasn't very good. I buy them all from hollandandbarrett.com
Good luck!

Hi Natsby - I've found the one below on Amazon in case it's any use? it looks like a good price and it looks really comprehensive. The supplements I've seen always recommended highly for male fertility are all in it: zinc, L-Arginine, L-Carnitine, vit E, vit C, vit B12, CoQ10, lycopene, maca, pine bark extract, glutathione, Siberian ginseng.

Also for low motility, it might be worth considering (if you haven't already) Instead Softcups - forgive me if I'm repeating what you already know, but they hold the swimmers against the cervix for up to 12 hours, giving even the slowest forward-swimming sperm a good chance to find its way up. I tried these for the first time last cycle and really liked them. An added boost would be to add a bit of preseed or conceive+. (I also got all of these on Amazon)

Wellman, £8 for 30 (one month's supply)
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Vitabiotics-wellman-conception-30-tablets/dp/B003JBRQ9A/ref=pd_sim_d1
Lycopene Extract: 1.5mg Peruvian Maca Extract: 250mg Pine Bark Extract: 30mg Octacosanol: 3mg Inositol: 40mcg L-Glutathione: 2.5mg L-Arginine: 10mg Siberian Ginseng Extract: 30mg Co-enzyme Q10: 2mg L-Carnitine Tartrate: 50mg Citrus Bioflavonoids: 10mg Vitamin A (2500 IU): 750µg Vitamin D3 (as 600 IU): 15µg Vitamin E: 30mg Vitamin C: 90mg Thiamin (Vitamin B1): 12mg Riboflavin (Vitamin B2): 5mg Niacin (Vitamin B3): 18mg Vitamin B6: 10mg Folacin (Folic Acid): 400µg Vitamin B12: 75µg Biotin: 150µg Pantothenic Acid: 10mg Magnesium: 60mg Iron: 6mg Zinc: 15mg Copper: 1000µg Manganese: 0.5mg Selenium: 150µg Chromium: 50µg No artificial colours, gluten, preservatives, salt or yeast.
Take one tablet per day with your main meal.

:dust:

Drat I tried that, but they won´t send them to Spain! I thought it was a good price too. I´ll have to ask someone in the UK if they can send them to me. Thanks for looking it out for me.:hugs:

Drat I tried that, but they won´t send them to Spain! I thought it was a good price too. I´ll have to ask someone in the UK if they can send them to me. Thanks for looking it out for me.:hugs:

Is it just that seller that won't ship to Spain, or is it because it's vitamins? Some of these sellers have international rates listed, but I don't know if that means they'll send all products internationally...
https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/offer-l...c?ie=UTF8&qid=1317899762&sr=8-1&condition=new

My DH has taken GNC mega man and 20mg of tamoxifen every day for about 6 months and his count is looking good, now if only I can make a good egg.

FertilAid Men is another good one. They have one to increase motility and quantity.

My friends folks are coming from the UK this week so I have had everything I want sent to their house so by the weekend we should be popping all our pills again. It is big business fertility, I wish I was earning from it rather than spending on it! Anyone want a fertility goddess sculpture??

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->