menstrual cramps type, 4 weeks pregnant

Heidi84

Reaction score
Hi girls. I have just discovered this morning I am pregnant.

Is it normal to have like light menstrual cramps? What can i do to relax?is this a bad sign?

Yup I had them quite painfully for quite a few weeks, and I still get them now and again xxx

hi! its normal, i had cramps until last week and im 8 weeks. i think it just everything stretching and settling in! good luck xxx

oh, ok now i feel better. THanks girls. I thought it would be less stressed once i knew i was pregnant BUT it seems like now i am going NUTS from getting worried about everything!!!!!

So happy to be in this forum, you girls are a great help.Thanks again

I'm 7 weeks pregnant and have been having mild AF type cramps from a couple of days before AF was due, and I still get the occassional mild ones now, just not as regularly. My Dr. told me not to worry - it is just the uterus stretching :)

Hi, just to add here, i've had AF like cramps pretty much right through so far (14 weeks tomorrow), nothing much different or more severe than i would usually have monthly. It gets a little tiring having them all the time, and i was really concerned at the start.
My midwife's advice is to only be concerned about any abdominal pains if they are either in one specific spot and persistant (ie, not painful anywhere else), or if they become alot more painful than your usual AF cramps and become "unbearable". Hope this helps set your mind at rest a little, and of course the usual advice that if anything really doesn't feel right at any point, play it safe and get it checked out, if only to stop the worry :)

Thankyou, i know that im probably being paranoid, feel like a knicker checker looking for the worst everytime i go to the toilet because of last month, but nice to talk to people and its all looking good :) x

Hey i have been feeling like that also. I heard it is completely normal my mom has actually felt like that the whole time she was pregnant with me. so i would only start to worry when there is blood.

The first time I got pregnant, I got a strong cramping one day, so I was sure that AF would arrive the next day. However, on the next day, all the cramping was gone, and there was no sign of AF. I waited and tested few days later, and got a BFP. I guess the cramping was due to the implantation.

I have heard that some cramping is normal. You should start worrying if you have cramping with bleeding.

It's good to know that it's normal... I got my positive today and have had cramp type pains. I've been so paranoid as I've already started worrying about every feeling in my belly, lol. I actually got worried about my pants being to tight at work today as I've put on some weight this week.

I had that for 2 weeks... it started a day after o then i had it till i was about 5 weeks,.. now i just get it sometimes :)

I'm glad to hear this. Found out I'm pregnant I'm only about 4 weeks. I had cramps up until 7dpo then they vanished. Now I've got them again. I hope everything is going to be ok!!! It's not hurting but feels uncomfortable I'm so worried I need to calm down!!!

Hi I just found oUT Monday I was pregnant I missed my period on Sunday, so I was a day late. I am having cramping for the past 3 days. Doctor said it was normal I had a miscarriage last Dec and I had cramping then. I am really scared that I might misscarry again. Has anyone else had this feeling l look in the toilet every time I pee to make sure I am not bleeding

I was just going to ask this question! So glad I found this thread. Brandi, I am on the same boat. Had a very early miscarriage (3 months ago). So now I am aware of every little ache and pain. I have been having menstrual like cramps as well. So scary :( But, I just keep telling myself that my body is trying to accommodate for the baby.

im 6 weeks today and have been cramping everyday for the past few weeks. seems to be worse when I lay down. I was also worried about but figured I shouldn't worry unless I see blood! hope that's true. from what I have read the cramps are caused by your uterus stretching.

I had some menstrual type cramping around 4 weeks, and every now and then a mild cramp now at 6 weeks. It freaked me out, but everything I read said it was totally 100% normal and just the uterus starting to stretch. I haven't been to the doctor yet, but as far as I can tell everything is just fine. I think you're supposed to call the doctor if they're really painful, or if there's bleeding, but even so that's no guarantee you're miscarrying.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->