Menstrual cups for AF and TTC (Update page 3)

I use a lunette cup for AF, and I love it. Occasionally if I have a heavier cycle, I'll have a night where I need a backup pad, but usually the cup is fine. You'll get the hang of it with some practice, the first couple months are the most awkward. I find that I have some variation in how easy it is to use from cycle to cycle. I guess everything just moves around in different ways for different months, usually the cup goes right in no problem, but sometimes it's a pain in the butt.

I've thought about using it for TTC but I don't know if the lunette cups are effective in the way softcups are, since they're cuppy instead of flat. Does anyone know? I guess it might make things less messy, if nothing else.

TMI ALERT

Ok so this might be the grossest thing I have ever admitted to, but dh and I dtd this afternoon and I put in my Diva cup after to keep everything in there as long as possible. I took it out 2 hours later, and because I was curious about the effectiveness of it holding the good stuff in, I looked at the "liquid" under a microscope. I know, I'm a weirdo! But I was shocked to see that there were still SO MANY swimmers still swimming! When we go again on Tuesday, I will leave it in a lot longer :) Hope I didn't gross anyone out too much lol

~Emilee

Hey Emilee, did you ever end up looking at the softcup liquid after longer insertion time?
I left it in for almost 18 hours !!! and nothing was moving... I am going to check tonight, it will be around 7-8 hours after BD. I am curious to see how long they survive.

TMI question, but how did you get the stuff from the softcup to the microscope slide? It's kind of all stretchy and hard to separate :haha:

I have used softcup during AF for a few months now
I have never experienced leakage so I think you may have inserted it incorrectly
When it's inserted correctly, you shouldn't be able to feel it (kind of like a tampon) and it should sit right behind your pubic bone. The only time any fluid leaks out is when I'm taking it out after wearing it overnight and that's because it twists and bends as you take it out.

I also am very curious how cups help when TTC! I can't really figure out how that would be helpful

Oh also, word to the wise: I have gotten a few Benign cysts from USC softcups while dtd. Nothing dangerous, but I don't really enjoy them

I just purchased soft cups to use as ttc. They are surprisingly easy to use . I haven't put it in after dtd yet just a practice run ha

People use softcups when ttc to try to keep the seminal fluid close to the cervix instead of falling out after sex. Hopefully this gives a better chance at insemination if we can head them in the direction of the cervix instead of wiped away on some toilet paper.

You want to use a scooping motion to try to catch all those lil swimmers in the "net". The softcup covers the entire cervix area so as long as the forward edge is secure behind your pubic bone, you should be good to go. I definitely leave mine in overnight or at least 12 hours after dtd.

As for use during AF, I too won't go back to tampons. The only trouble I have experienced is on a heavier day and crouching down. That is a recipe for disaster. Any squat type position somehow breaks that seal and !!!

Hi ladies, thanks again for all your responses. Just to update that I just got my BFP!!! Not sure if it was the softcups, or supplements, or just time but something worked :)
Good luck to you all!

Thanks MrsK, it was my 2nd month using softcups - don't know if that was the answer, but they definitely made things less messy :)

ooo this sounds interesting.. would sure make it a hell of a lot easier to leave swimmers in over night... atm I have to lie in a position that keeps my legs closed and try not move all night lol so i might try these... at least i could go pee then :haha:

DH and I have wanted to look at swimmers under a microscope for ages! haha i wanna buy one now lol x

ooo this sounds interesting.. would sure make it a hell of a lot easier to leave swimmers in over night... atm I have to lie in a position that keeps my legs closed and try not move all night lol so i might try these... at least i could go pee then :haha:

DH and I have wanted to look at swimmers under a microscope for ages! haha i wanna buy one now lol x

Yep it's WAAAYYYY better, everything stays in! Otherwise I get leaks starting in minutes. Also great if you BD during the day and have to get going! The softcups can stay in up to 12 hours.

Iv bookmarked some on amazon ;) I looked at the softcups and mooncups but by the looks of things the softcups would be better for the ttc purposes. :D cant wait to try them out!

Iv bookmarked some on amazon ;) I looked at the softcups and mooncups but by the looks of things the softcups would be better for the ttc purposes. :D cant wait to try them out!

Cool, good luck sethsmummy! I think the mooncups would hold it the mess, but softcups really keep everything up near the cervix :thumbup:

Cool, good luck sethsmummy! I think the mooncups would hold it the mess, but softcups really keep everything up near the cervix :thumbup:

thank you. id be afriad that most of the sperm would get stuck in the mooncup with it being so deep. soft cup seems a tad more ttc friendly. :D DH is going to think im completely bonkers! :haha:

Congratulations on your BFP, so happy for you. H&H 9 months!!!!

I only used a softcup after sex that one time...but we are coming up to O day this weekend so I'll definitely be using them again!

Congrats on the BFP!!

Thanks ladies. I had just bought a DivaCup to use for AF, if all goes well I hope it is a good 2 years before I get to try it :haha:

I'm so excited to read your news! I have just finished trying for the 2nd month using soft cups (although last month I think our timing was out). I really hope they help me get my bfp this month!

Thanks India, hope they work out for you too!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->